Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzys Ref Watch

Didn''t take too much notice of the ref, wasn''t the best ref every, and apparently gave us all the decisions (at least according to the Seff utd manager....)...

Probably the worst referee we have seen all season but as we won we will have to leave Sheff Utd to do the complaining this time. Had however Evans scored in the last minute after the ref did not even see the linesman flagging I think this board would have had many stories about the crap ref today. 

thats a shame Wazzy wasnt there, cause i would love to have seen his comments on this ref!!

For me he was truly awful. I''m no Waz but i''ll try to sum up what i thought.

Gave numerous fouls for both teams which were puzzling to say the least and also some obvious fouls were ignored.

Positioning was awful, on several times i noticed him with his back to the action, ie when Hooly jumped in the Barclay he never saw it as he was running up field looking towards the River End.

Also was slow in spotting lino flags at times

As for the penalties, Evans in the fist half was for me a clear penalty, he spun round Nelson who pulled him back. Where the foul on Nelson came from i''ve no idea.

Hooly''s first pen, to me sitting in the Jarrold it didn''t look like a pen, Holt burst through and went down under miminal contact.

2nd pen was a bit hard to see so i cant comment on that.

For the sending off i didn''t notice what Quinn did (someone near me said he punched Hooly.) But the ref did well with that i thought as he kept his distance and the lino kept Quinn away from the rest.

Overall a poor ref''s performance, wouldn''t mind him being in charge again though, as lonf as we''re at home.