Sign in to follow this  
Lincs Canary

Team for Saturday

With all the injuries and suspensions what would the most likely team Paul Lambert will field?                      RuddyR Martin, Nelson, Askou, Drury.                     CroftsK Smith                            Fox                    Hoolahan      Holt                           MartinOr a midfield of:K. Smith    Crofts   Fox    Hoolahan or MacnameeOr 4:3:3 like lambert has been playing recently.It will be interesting to see what he actually does pick with the injuries and suspensions.

When have we played 4-3-3? was it only at Coventry? Because against Pompey it was 4-4-2....

Think Diamond may be best option, considering who we are playing, flat 4-4-2 could work as well probably. I think QPR would be really happy if we played 4-3-3 though.

Ruddy

R. Martin           Nelson          Whitbread          Drury

Fox

Smith                                             Crofts

Hoolahan

Holt      C. Martin

If we go for a flat 4-4-2 I would have exactly the same midfield but with Hoolahan on the left. He''d have a free role but he certainly seems more effective on the left than when he used to play out there and his defensive abilities are improving by the day. I''d be a lot more comfortable with Hoolahan on the left now than in previous campaigns.

Start with the team that finished so well against Sheff Utd as much as injuries and suspensions allow. Surely that is commonsense.

Considering the struggles we''ve had employing alternative formations to the diamond, and our successes when playing with it, I think we have to go back to the tried-and-trusted diamond.  Would be interesting to hear what Shyster has to say about that... [;)]