Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forget Bellamy, it won't happen!.

Dry your tears and blow your nose you sad dreamers, because Bellamy won''t be coming here, not even on loan!.

Ignoring the alleged 40 grand a week wage he is on, he''s injury prone (we need another injury, like we we need a bullet in the head!) and IMO, his arrogant nature, would ruin the great team spirit we have at this club.

And anyone wanting to pay £7 million quid for him for a permanent move, needs their head examined.

Yes, I was hopelessly wrong about Ashton joining us (only because I believed what the board told me!) but on this, no way.

Get over it, It won''t happen and never will happen.  Live with it.

And give up on your silly and unrealistic dreams!.  

Isn''t football all about dreams Wiz ?

For too long I dreamt about us regaining our top flight status, and I will forever dream about us signing top quality players. That''s my nature. I''m pretty sure I''m not alone either.

I dream about winning the lottery too, sorry about that. Shouldn''t be so silly and unrealistic should I ????

Sure its a dream Wiz, but so was being in the Premier League early on last season. If you had said then that we would be here, someone telling you you were dreaming would have been one of the more polite replies.

Bellars on a 3 month loan would cost £160000 per month, just under half a million in total if we paid all his wages. The next months TV revenue is more than that!

If we can not defend, and at the moment we can not, another solution is to increase the number of goals scored. Huckerby, Ashton and Bellamy up front (now I am dreaming) would scare a lot of premiership defences and would IMO be worth the gamble.

As to Bellamy being arrogant, who is to say, supremely confident, sure. I met him once and he seemed a nice fella, I remember talking to him about Iwan getting player of the season and he said it was fair enough, he had been injured a lot and Iwan deserved it. Not a touch of arrogance.

Bring it on I say and if they can do it good luck to the board and Nigel, its worth a try.

Even though I would be very surprised if Bellars did come here I certainly think there is an outside chance that it could happen. Remember he grew up around here and seem to remember him saying that was it not for us he wouldn''t be where he is now. The place u grow up always holds a special place in your heart and I''m sure for this reason that if he did go on loan he could well choose us before Portsmouth and boring Blackburn.

there''s ALWAYS the option that newcastle will foot a portion of the wages. it doesn''t have to be 100% paid by us.

I don''t see what you got against Bellamy Wiz,

I don''t think he charges as  much as you say for his talks on birds, and I can just picture him saying  :-         "Cwikey, its a gween cwested canawy", in his very own distinctive way

Poetry, bring him on I say !

What is silly about bringing one the Premier league''s finest players to this club?  I think it was Alan Hansen who said on MOTD earlier in the year that there are only 3 players in the Premiership with blistering pace- Henry, Bellamy and Huckerby.  We have the oppertunity of having two of these players in our team.

Bringing in Bellamy could go a long way to keeping us up.  It really could.  If Bellamy was this nasty little person who caused trouble everyday he would not be playing football today.  FACT.  Newcastle would not ask for £7M for him if he was a disruptive influence on the team week in week out.  Fact.

The lad is an incredible talent and I think we should try our upmost to get him

Quote :  he would definately score goals but i would be worried wether he would divide the dressing room etc. that is probably why nobody has enquired

Definitely agree. 

With Worthington saying he would love Bellemy to come on loan, i think that shows us that he doesn''t mind too much about his temperment. Perhaps he is thinking that returning to his roots will help and the fact that he would be surrounded by settled players and club, that usually makes for a player to settle in.

As for the money issue, even if we paid his full wages (around £40,000 a week), that would still only be around £700,000 for the rest of the season. As another poster mentioned, next months TV revenue will cover that! £700,000 would be well spent if it keeps us in the premiership, and if he signed it would be a massive boost to the club, and help us in the push for safety.

[quote]What is silly about bringing one the Premier league''s finest players to this club? I think it was Alan Hansen who said on MOTD earlier in the year that there are only 3 players in the Premiership wit...[/quote]

I don''t doubt his superb talent DD, never have in fact.

Having watched him countless times, its obvious he''s gifted.

But you can''t tell me that Newcastle has been a happy ship since he joined them. First under Robson, then Souness, the dressing room has been in turmoil, coincidence?, maybe.

If I could be sure that this wouldn''t spark off wage demands from other players, and the ''team spirit'' would not suffer because of his arrival, then yes, it would be a stunning signing.

But there are to many risks and ''ifs'' to take for my liking, plus: he is very injury prone.

And that would make me, and many clubs it would seem, very nervous.

For those reasons alone, I hope a miracle won''t happen, and he turns up here!. 

I know that I may be in the minority but I dont want Bellamy back at our nice friendly family club. He hasnt changed from the arrogant little git he was when he was here and do you honestly think he would fit in here with our current players.

Sorry but it would be trouble all the way, trust me I''m an angel.

He may be injury prone, but his last couple of injuries have been faked by the sound of it!!! This is all a ruse by Bellars, in order to get back to his beloved Canaries! It almost definitely won''t happen but...we can dream, can''t we?

so one minute people on here are crying because the board lied to them and they have no ambition to stay in the Premiership, the next minute when we have a fairly real chance of getting a proven Premiership goalscorer the same people don''t want him because of his attitude. 

You can''t have your cake and eat it people.  There isn''t a tree that grows excellent Premiership players at cut down prices, that only want £15,000 a week and have the best attitude in the World.

Don''t get me wrong I know the Bellars thing is unlikely, but there are a bunch of people on here that always take the negative route and it get depressing

How you can say that the next few months television rights would pay his wages?  We are told that the money for the Ashton signing will be coming from next years funds, so it is pretty likely that the money you speak of has either a) been spent or b) has been earmarked for something else.

I think Bellers s a very talented player but if he did come here and got injured then we will have to spend £500k on nothing, which is a strong possibility due to how injury prone he is.

It would be very exciting to have him here, no doubt about it BUT I would not be upset if he went elsewhere.

Also if we loan him, will it be up to the end of the season or just till the end of april?  Would he go back to Newcastle before our last two games?

Isnt signing any player a risk - god forbid either Ashton or Hux suffer an injury but it is possible - Bellars has more ability than we can shae a stick at - he could be the difference bewteen surviving and not, or he could end up a total waste of cash.

However I think it would be worth the risk of it not working, and a far better calculated gamble than taking Bentley, Safri, etc from the summer or risking playing Flem and Eddy for the rest of the season.

OTBC

[quote]so one minute people on here are crying because the board lied to them and they have no ambition to stay in the Premiership, the next minute when we have a fairly real chance of getting a proven Premi...[/quote]

Stevenage Fan: Stop being naughty my friend.

I know Bellamy is a superb player. And I have never doubted it, Okay?.

It''s the ''baggage'' that comes with him, which scares the hell out of me, mate!.

First you say we have a fairly realistic chance of signing him. Then you say its unlikely, well, that''s a contradiction, if ever I heard one!.     

City Angel has summed this up far better then I ever could, and many of us agree with her.

What you see as negative, we see as bloody cautious!.

After reading in today''s EDP, about the Coventry City players experience with Bellamy, it would appear we''re in good company.  

And they should know, yes?.

I know Wiz,  know

The point of my post was to highlight that it isn''t that easy to gamble on the player/players that would guarantee Premiership survival.  Lots of people were moaning recently because the board had no ambition and lied to us.  Then when a gamble appears to be on the cards its not good enough for you (not you personally Wiz).

The point is, it is not that easy to just pop down the shops and get the perfect solution that lots of you wanted.

I am not bothered whether he comes or not and I am not, as you pointed out Wiz, sure of ours chances of getting him, but if he came I don''t think it would do us any harm.

On another note Palace got Zamora, lets hope he doesn''t turn out to be good after all.

[quote]I know Wiz, know The point of my post was to highlight that it isn''t that easy to gamble on the player/players that would guarantee Premiership survival. Lots of people were moaning recently beca...[/quote]

I am not allowed to comment on the board till February 1st,  but trust me, I will.

I''m now a bit tired of this Bellamy thing SF. I don''t want him here, you do, and that''s fair enough for me.

Yes, I have moaned a lot about the board not taking risks, and I intend to answer that on Monday.

But I just think Bellamy is beyond a risk, suicide, would be a more appropriate word!.

We will have to agree to differ on this, and I think its academic anyway.

IMO Newcastle want rid of him permanently, and fortunately, we don''t have 6 or 7 million.....or do we?.  

I didn''t say I wanted him, just don''t think it would be a problem if he did come.

Anyway not meaning to drag this out, I fully agree with your points me old mate.  Lets see what happens on Monday and just hope we at least get one decent loan signing.

[quote]Dry your tears and blow your nose you sad dreamers, because Bellamy won''t be coming here, not even on loan!. Ignoring the alleged 40 grand a week wage he is on, he''s injury prone (we need another inj...[/quote]

Well I did tell you!.

Ye Gods, I''ve just realised, I''ve got something right at last!.

This could mean a return to my original form of old.

I knew that powdered goat''s foot would come in handy one day. 

Wizard, given your propensity for wild prognostications, I would have thought that your possession of extra feet, regardless of the source of origin, would result in spacial discomfort in the mouth.

What this episode has shown is how naive some football fans are.

Regular updates of tittle tattle have filled this board in the last few days. We are told this is done as a means to inform those who do not have the ability to click a couple of more times on their mouse.

Realistically all they are doing is repeating some rubbish put out by some bored journalist. Interesting that the club''s true position on Bellamy should be far, far from what has been posted on here -

“Craig Bellamy coming here on loan just won''t happen, it''s as simple as that,” explained Worthington.

“We haven''t made an inquiry - and we are not going to make an inquiry

Perhaps one or two or the defenders of this stuff might like to take on board the affect this drip, drip, drip of dross can have upon the relationship between club and fans. Nonsense about the club signing such and such a player often builds up to the point where the club is obliged to deny any wish to sign such and such player.

Next thing it is being accused of lacking ambition and failing to keep up with the fans hopes - often by those very fans who started the rumours in the first place.

We''ve got a helluva few months coming up. More likely to be even more scary and nerve wracking than last season.

Maybe we could get back to discussing that rather than the stuff that is better suited to Richard and Judy.