Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Lansbury £1Million

Do you reckon if we went to Aresnal and put one million on the table for him, they would accept?

He clearly isn''t going to get in the first team anytime soon!

I know £1Million is alot of money to us but if we want to get out of this league they are the kind of risks we need to take!

[quote user="SYG"]Do you reckon if we went to Aresnal and put one million on the table for him, they would accept? He clearly isn''t going to get in the first team anytime soon! I know £1Million is alot of money to us but if we want to get out of this league they are the kind of risks we need to take![/quote]

No, he is young with bags of potential and already stands in this league. Also I follow him on twitter and the general impression is that he goes back to London at the first opportunity he gets, and doesn''t enjoy coming back to Norwich much, although I''m not saying he doesn''t enjoy his football

[quote user="SYG"]Do you reckon if we went to Aresnal and put one million on the table for him, they would accept?

I know £1Million is alot of money to us but if we want to get out of this league they are the kind of risks we need to take![/quote]yes

Can I have a pint of what you have been drinking op. If we could sign him for £1m and championship wages ie he is prepared to drop by about £15k a week I am sure the money would be found.

Anyway Lambert has confirmed a hamstring injury so unfortunately that could be the last we ever see of him.  

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Can I have a pint of what you have been drinking op. If we could sign him for £1m and championship wages ie he is prepared to drop by about £15k a week I am sure the money would be found.

Anyway Lambert has confirmed a hamstring injury so unfortunately that could be the last we ever see of him.  

[/quote]so r u saying he is worth £3-£4 million??? and u know he is on £25k+??? ill have a pint of what U R DRINKING!!!

Unproven in the prem!!! Havnt got a clue what he is on but im thinking its not £25-£30k...more like £10k

£1 million on an unproven prem fringe player is good money and also a gamble

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]so r u saying he is worth £3-£4 million??? and u know he is on £25k+??? ill have a pint of what U R DRINKING!!!

Unproven in the prem!!! Havnt got a clue what he is on but im thinking its not £25-£30k...more like £10k

£1 million on an unproven prem fringe player is good money and also a gamble

[/quote]

+ 1

probably 10k a week tops - agent whispering in his ear that it should be 50k a week, best option for everyone is a lone....

[quote user="SYG"]Do you reckon if we went to Aresnal and put one million on the table for him, they would accept? He clearly isn''t going to get in the first team anytime soon! I know £1Million is alot of money to us but if we want to get out of this league they are the kind of risks we need to take![/quote]

My uncle who has been a Gooners fan for over 60 years reckons we stand more chance of finding out the moon is made from cheese than we have of getting him at NCFC, very highly rated by his gaffer and fans alike.

Fair opinion City Till I Die as I dont know what he is on either but here are some facts

In December 2009 he signed what was beleived to be a five year contract with Arsenel

In August 2010 he and Arsenel turned down a large offer from Blackburn for his services in the premiership

Newcastle and WBA also tried to sign him in the last window

Wenger claims him to be the best young English player and expects him to some day captain Arsenel

Pearce backs up the above

And something I bet most did not know is that he is also a highly rated goalkeeper 

Like I said I dont know what he is on either but if he has a long term contract with one of the top clubs in the country I would suggest he is on a dam site more than any of our players. I would also add that if Blackburn thought we were about to sign him they would out bid anything we offered and quote double any wages we could offer. 

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Fair opinion City Till I Die as I dont know what he is on either but here are some facts

In December 2009 he signed what was beleived to be a five year contract with Arsenel

In August 2010 he and Arsenel turned down a large offer from Blackburn for his services in the premiership

Newcastle and WBA also tried to sign him in the last window

Wenger claims him to be the best young English player and expects him to some day captain Arsenel

Pearce backs up the above

And something I bet most did not know is that he is also a highly rated goalkeeper 

Like I said I dont know what he is on either but if he has a long term contract with one of the top clubs in the country I would suggest he is on a dam site more than any of our players. I would also add that if Blackburn thought we were about to sign him they would out bid anything we offered and quote double any wages we could offer. 

[/quote]With Arsenal resources, i fear he may be a bit player at the club...would he be satisfied with this??? hopefully not...if and thats a big IF, we got to the prem(i may be dreaming but i think we have a great chance under Lambert) why wouldnt he sign for us? we could offer him Prem footy and decent wages[Y]

I may be getting caught up in our revolution under Lambert but im hoping we are looking at top end of players to sign[:D]

Lets hope the Board can some how find the money to back Lambert all the way[Y] OTBC

Never!

He has a big future ahead of him and i reckon you''d need around 3mill to tempt them probs around 15-20% of next transfer fee..

If we could get him for a mill then there would be loads of clauses to make it up.

Would be a hell of a signing tho IMO

[quote user="SYG"]Do you reckon if we went to Aresnal and put one million on the table for him, they would accept?

I know £1Million is alot of money to us but if we want to get out of this league they are the kind of risks we need to take![/quote]no chance, worth much more than 1 million just because of potential- thats like someone coming in for korey at 200,000 or something, just wouldnt accept it- if wenger didnt rate him he wouldnt be putting him out on loan, he just wouldnt be in the arsenal squadwill be a starting prem player in the future for sure too. However i think wenger let bentley go for free after his contract ran out but i think that was cos bentley wouldnt sign another contract, not sure thoughwages though i doubt he''s on much more than our average player.if its only short term injury still like see us bring him in for the rest of the season

I think from memory Bentley joined Blackburn for around £3m, but they got about another £3m in sell on clause when he joined Tottenham.

[quote user="Ben"]Wenger rates him highly so that''s a no.[/quote]

Is there ever a young player who isn''t highly rated by his own manager? Pretty much every young player going is highly rated, it''s a bit of a cliché.

In Lansbury''s case, he is obviously a good player but I''m not sure if he''ll be Arsenal first team quality, in the long run.

I also don''t think £1m is an unrealistic amount for a player who has done well in a season or so in the Championship without really setting it alight.