Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

i know its their official site but ...

All official club websites talk like that to try and make their team sound good for people who don''t know about the club. It''s worse then Coventry''s one the other week quite abit. To call the referee Santa is pretty laughable, they are taking it way too far.

I must say I dont see where they are going with the sending off, but sitting probably ten yards away from the first penalty incdent I have to say their description of what happened was preety accurate imo.

Holt definately dived for the 1st penalty decision but look at it on TV and it looks a definate penalty, dive or no dive!

The 2nd was handball and sometimes given, sometimes not!

The ginger guy who got sent of kicked Martin in the head it looked like form where I was sitting so no arguements there!

Sheffield U definately didn''t have the rub of the green and played much better than the 4-2 scoreline suggests but hey we got done big time at Reading a while back so I didn''t feel at all bad about winning a game thanks to being on the right side of the refs decisions!

Oh dear. Well I''d be embarrassed if we came up with a article like that on our site. What an utterly bitter and biased match review. Possibly the worst I''ve ever read.

To be fair if were in their shoes I''d be peeved about how the game panned out. They will play worse than that and win games this season but as with most struggling teams didn''t have the rub of the green though theirs no doubt whatsoever about the sending off cause the ginger bloke kicked R Martin in the head! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]To be fair if were in their shoes I''d be peeved about how the game panned out. They will play worse than that and win games this season but as with most struggling teams didn''t have the rub of the green though theirs no doubt whatsoever about the sending off cause the ginger bloke kicked R Martin in the head! [/quote]There are only really two decisions that went against them that can really be debated, their first penalty, which I need to see again from a couple of angles before passing judgment and the free kick which lead to our first goal. Maybe then a few less memorable decisions went against them? Not sure.On the flip side, the free kick for their first goal wasn''t a free kick and they were given countless of dodgy looking free kicks throughout the game and between him and the lino almost cost us two points at the end as the ref failed to spot the foul and consequent flag from the lino and then the lino gave up and put his flag down. I''ve certainly seen worse refereeing performances over the last few years though and I''m sure we''ll see worse again.After being on the wrong side of decision after decision after appalling decision time and time again over the last few years, I''ll take a potentially dodgy penalty today thanks.

They were unlucky not to have at least 1 penalty of their own. Although that is taking it way too far.

That article is SO biased! Did their manager type it up on the bus home?

Referencing Santa Claus - and all he gave Sheffield was a red card! - rather sour grapes methinks...

I too, would be embarassed if we ever published anything written in that manner - very unprofessional. Much like the behaviour of some of their head-butting players. At least they''re conguent in that respect...

That made me smile [:D]

So both Hucks and Lambert thought it was a dubious penalty, as did most of us, shows you that we don''t all wear green colourered glasses at the game doesn''t it.