Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Praise for John Ruddy

I know certain people on here love to go ''Ruddy bashing'' but I think his save for what would have been their third deserves more credit.Yes he has cocked up on occasion but lets face it... if he was perfect he''d be at Man Utd!

Yes, samir it was a great save but his kicking and distribution today was poor again. The jury is still out on him IMO.

So one great save makes a brilliant player?

What about his 3 dodgy kicks today?

People are allowed to talk about his flaws you know....

Towards the end of the game even Lambert showed his frustration with Ruddys kicking. I can''t think of many points that he has cost us this season, its the simple things that seem to cause him problems. I''m sure he will do fine he just needs the crowd to get behind him.

HRH

[quote user="CT"]Ah but criticising Russell Martin *hallowed be thy name!* isnt allowed? [;)][/quote]

Who said that? I have NEVER said that, neither has anyone else, but really give me a whole game where Martin has been poor for the 90 this season....Ruddy doesn''t get that privilege, he isn''t involved in the whole 90 in a way (obviously he is, he''s on the pitch but....), he is judged on saves/kicking/positioning during attacks etc. When were attacking, or the ball is in the middle, Ruddy isn;t in focus, while all the outfield players are, they have to be positioned right etc.

Great match winning save today by Ruddy as he has done many a time yet seems to go unnoticed. His kicking was off today which is unusual because his kicking is usually quite solid, but at the end of the day if it wasn''t for him we would have lost 2 points in the last minute and great reaction when from him when we scored the 4th seconds later [Y]

[quote user="canary_girl"]Great match winning save today by Ruddy as he has done many a time yet seems to go unnoticed. His kicking was off today which is unusual because his kicking is usually quite solid, but at the end of the day if it wasn''t for him we would have lost 2 points in the last minute and great reaction when from him when we scored the 4th seconds later [Y][/quote]Are you saying we would have played without a goalkeeper if we didn''t have Ruddy?For me his biggest flaw is his lack of conviction with balls played in to the box. In general he does seem to be improving with time, slowly but surely. He makes fewer point costing errors now than he was earlier in the season. Let''s hope he can continue to improve for the sack of our promotion ambitions :-)

The guy next to me muttered ''Nearly every week our keeper (Ruddy) nearly makes me have kittens!'' - then right on cue he shanks a kick into the dug-out area towards the boss who signed him. Perfect!

It was a great stop at the end though.

I''ve always been in the Pro-Ruddy camp. Think he''s had some great games on the whole, (yes, made a few mistakes).

His performance at Derby in particular a few weeks back was fantastic.

So far hes not been as good as what Forster was last season but on the other hand hes done an adequate job and hasn''t been as bad as some make out!

Yes if he never made a mistake he''d be playing in the Premiership!

Today didn''t put a foot wrong!

To be fair I thought he did what he could today.

He appears to be a keeper that would prefer to start it going from the back rather than endlessly hoof it up the middle and hope Holty gets something on it.

However what he needs to learn is if the players in front of him are intent on playing ''nice little traingles'' in and around our own area with it then he is better off bypassing them and hoping Holt can pull something off.

Once we had MacNamee and Hoolahan on more options became available to him as more movement created more space for him to hit. A couple of times he threw it out to little speedy Macca almost as far as the half way line.

I think I have finaly figured the Russell Martin thing out. If he has too much time to think about a cross he over cooks it, he is better with less time . . . . more instinctively.

So far hes not been as good as what Forster was last season but on the other hand hes done an adequate job and hasn''t been as bad as some make out!

Yes if he never made a mistake he''d be playing in the Premiership!

Today didn''t put a foot wrong!

Sorry forgot about the dodgy kicks!

i thought he was good today, apart from a couple of dodgy kicks thats all.

But as its Ruddy others have to give him stick, i mean FF never made a bad kick did he (Leeds away)

But i was suprised cause i thought his kicking was a better part of his game normally (from the 5 or 6 games i''ve seen anyway).

It was great to see the City defenders congratulating Ruddy after we had just scored our fourth goal following his match winning save. From that angle of the shot I would have expected the ball to be pushed over to the other side of the goal but he got a strong hand to it and it fell to a City player. Really pleased for him.

[quote user="chicken"] I think I have finaly figured the Russell Martin thing out. If he has too much time to think about a cross he over cooks it, he is better with less time . . . . more instinctively.[/quote]

Similar to Shaun Wright-Phillips. Cack crosses if he has time to pick out a man but if he pings em in first time, they''re normally spot on.

Ruddy just doesnt command his box like he should, he flaps at crosses and is very vulnerable on free kicks through poor positioning, having said that he is young and still learning and has been ok thats all this season, ok.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Would rather have Fraser Forster.[/quote]We haven''t got Forster, get over it.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Would rather have Fraser Forster.[/quote]We haven''t got Forster, get over it.[/quote][img]http://www.keywestfishtales.com/images/deep-drop-fishing-2lg.jpg[/img]

Frase Forster has gone and yes he did have an decent season last year that was in Div 1. John Ruddy has made mistakes i agree but having spoken to him personally he really cares about the club and does want the fans to realise this. He has made vital saves this season and the one yesterday was another. I thought it was a really good save but only highlighted by the fact we broke away and scored to make it 4-2. it could have finished 3-3 without that save.

Lets get off big johns back and give him some praise he does his best and agree has some technical flaws but should be working these out with his coach. I like him think he will do well for us this season, just hope he keeps a clean sheet v QPR (as he has done already this season).

Come on you yellows

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Would rather have Fraser Forster.

[/quote]

Not particularly rated by the Celtic faithful if you go on there board it appears to be very split. At least Ruddy is ours and improving with every game.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Would rather have Fraser Forster.[/quote]

Not particularly rated by the Celtic faithful if you go on there board it appears to be very split. At least Ruddy is ours and improving with every game.

[/quote][img]http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Fisherman1.jpg[/img]