Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

Russell Martin

I agree.

A fully fit Adam Drury may possible edge him out, although if he gets another injury or two that may be him finished.....

For me, Martin, Barnett and Drury are all on par on the level of brilliant! He is pure class, I 100% agree.

Anyone else noticed he has some sort of swagger going on as of late? Getting cheeky to opponents, legend! [:)]

Agreed.  He''s improved immensely since the step up to the Championship.  Something I think a lot of us were concerned with.

I think what makes it more remarkable is the amount of pressure he is under being the only senior recognised right back at the club.  This means he will generally play week in, week out, so to keep his performances as good as they have been deserves a lot of credit.

CUSDP - no, I''ve said on here quite frequently that he was pretty steady last season too.  A lot of people brought up that Orient game but as you say, it was a real collective off-day there.

^^ Correct. I don''t understand why him (also Nelson) were always the scapegoats. I can''t think of any particular reason for it, when they were both/have been sensational both this season and last! Thinking about it, not much gets past our Russell really!

Very good defender, occasionally looks like he may have Downs, but other than that, good player

I remember he had two poor first halves in home games last season but came out and played much better in the second- which speaks volumes for his strength of character.

Unfortunately we have a core of supporters (as every club does) who get a cheap thrill out of having a hate figure they can brand "useless" with little justification. The poor souls must be really struggling at the moment!!