Sign in to follow this  
Midland Canary

Deja vu

it happened like this in the summer worthy was looking for a sriker in the last days and got no one!! it will happen again worthy will sign no one!!don''t say trust him because i don''t !! he will buy no one!!

Didn''t we just spend over our reported transfer budget to get a highly rated striker?  I don''t think the club will spend anymore.

uh  I think he has bought a striker (spent about £3 million) . Most of the speculation about bellamy was generated on boards like this one and in the press. Ok worthy didn''t help by saying if the lad was available he would love to have him on loan, thats fair enough but I don''t believe he was "chasing" another striker!! If we have to go the rest of the season with what we have then so be it, there is no point at all bringing in bodies that are no better than what we have (it just clouds the issue.)  And yes I do trust him!!

[quote]uh I think he has bought a striker (spent about £3 million) . Most of the speculation about bellamy was generated on boards like this one and in the press. Ok worthy didn''t help by saying if the lad ...[/quote]

I have to say I''m firmly in the trust Worthy camp. If the players available are no better than what we already have, why get them?.

And remember this Midland Canary, City didn''t just break their transfer record, they bloody well smashed it into oblivion!.

I can ask no more of the manager, Delia and the board, than that.

So praise is due when its earned, and they have damn well earned it.

1st Wiz, just a gentle query as regards a phrase that comes up every now and again. I refer to the phrase: "we won''t buy if the players available are no better than what we already have".

What if the players that we have are injured and some are classed as being longterm injuries? Surely these players at other clubs that ''are no better'' than our injured players would be worth getting in on a short term basis to cover for the injuries?

And if they are as good as or are closely comparible to the level of players we have playing presently at the club, surely they are up to the job we require them for, or we wouldn''t be playing these players in the first place. So why not beef up the squad with as good/comparible players for when injuries occur?

However, as I said at the outset, this posting is merely a gentle query and not an attack on what you posted, which I by and large agree with (i.e. praising the board for having the nouse to go and buy Ashton and trusting Worthy on his transfer selection/s)

[quote]1st Wiz, just a gentle query as regards a phrase that comes up every now and again. I refer to the phrase: "we won''t buy if the players available are no better than what we already have". What if th...[/quote]

In reply to your gentle query Anderz,  I haven''t given up, even at this late hour, of someone coming in.

However I  can see where you''re coming from, and I do agree with your thinking on this matter.

Fingers and everthing else crossed eh?.