Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Charlie Austin, Martin Cranie and Adam Hammill

That oughta do it. Although Sky Sports were reporting that Hammill could be on his way to Everton for £2m in January. We''d find it tough to compete with that!

I might be proven wrong but i don''t see Austin as much better than what we already have, especially as he isn''t going to cost less than £1m. Would love to see Cranie join, as he can play anywhere in the back four and can''t seem to get into Bothroyds team, thats only because he isn''t a big lumbering oath that he seems to pick in his back four, i think Bothroyds style is 4 centre halves at the back just lumping it long. And i believe Hammill is being chased by the likes of West Ham, Everton etc so cant see that one happening but would be a coup if it did happen.

I didn''t realise Hammill was being linked with a move to the Prem. Probably us out then (if ever in).

I think Cranie would be perfect to compete with RM and as mentioned above can provide cover right across the back line.

Agree with the poster above re Austin - not better than we have but maybe cover/comp for Holt which I think is key!

Danny Graham/Ricky Lambert would be the other suggestions.

Would love Ricky Lambert here but i''m under the impression Southampton don''t need to sell so would probably cost £2m+

and how do you propose we pay the £2m+ this trio would cost. I''m surprised the club was able to find the money for Barnett let alone bringing in a couple more highly valued players,

Lambert will bring in players that are either out of favour elsewhere or from the lower leagues for reasonable prices.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]and how do you propose we pay the £2m+ this trio would cost. I''m surprised the club was able to find the money for Barnett let alone bringing in a couple more highly valued players, Lambert will bring in players that are either out of favour elsewhere or from the lower leagues for reasonable prices.[/quote]

You can''t say that for certain. Wasn''t it established that Lambert''s summer spending total was no where near the estimates? For all we know the board are sticking their hands in their own pockets too.

I honestly think you''ll be surprised Trent. I don''t see us moving for players who are not going to come here and make an impact. For that sort of player we need to find the money.

My Three would be,

1. Danny Graham - Watford - Striker

2. Sean St Ledger - PNE - Rightback/centre back

3. Sammy Clingan - Coventry - Midfield

Three proven championship players who would give us a great chance of promotion. Obviously though, we would need at least 4 million for three players like these which is probally no where near Lamberts budget. Still if we signed one of these three i''d be delighted.

Out of the original three mentioned it would only be Hammill who I would get excited about and that aint going to happen!

And every transfer window people mention Martin Cranie saying he would be a good player to play any where in the back four but am I the only person who actually thinks he isn''t very good and wouldn''t want us to go anywhere near him?

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]Would love Ricky Lambert here but i''m under the impression Southampton don''t need to sell so would probably cost £2m+[/quote]

I would like to think we could do better than Rickie Lambert, never seen anything special about him. Lower league goalscorer, that''s it.

Don''t think his goalscoring record is that great this season either...

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

huntelaar, robben and van persie

[/quote]

Nana,sometimes i''d love nothing more than to put a wooden Dutch clog on my kicking foot,take a 100m run up and kick you so hard up the jacksie.

I very much doubt your obsession with Dutch players would hold much longer.

I think our realistic budget is around the 1 million mark,and as seen in todays signing,players like Ricky Lambert are way off our radar.