Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Team for QPR?

We are now getting hit hard with injuries, especially our defence so what do you think the team should be saturday, mine is:

Ruddy

R Martin   Nelson   Whitbread   Drury

Smith   Fox   Crofts (man-mark Taraabt)  

Hoolahan

C Martin      Holt

Play a flat defensive midfield with Hoolahan ready to get onto any balls to bring out an attack. Crofts can''t allow Taraabt a yard of space, because if you stifle him, you stifle the team. Drury will have to come in due to no Lappin and Whitbread should be given a chance to step up to the plqte and prove his worth.

If we are going to get anything from this game we will need to tighten up the defence, improve the accuracy of passing massively and for all our players to be on their game and give 100% (which most do anyway).

I agree mate! I think this is the best formation for the game. Nelson/Whitbread though? Not Askou? It will be a hard game for sure, but we kept them at bay in October so I do have hope!

I agree thats our best XI.But playing Whitbread and Drury who are both just back from injury is quite risky. What if both get injured so we are forced to make subs before even the first 45 ?Im guessing one will have to play, its a toss up for me but I''d say Whitbread. With Lappin deputising for Drury.Gonna be a real slog of a game. Tin hats on boys !

Balls... Laps is on 5 yellows ?So that will mean a switch , so Askou and Drury in Whitbread on the bench.George Francomb........ its time to become a man ! :-p

When we played QPR at their place they seemed to hit a lot of big balls into the box, some would say they were a touch ''direct'' / long ball, against Coventry they tended to go longer again so I would be inclined to put Askou and Nelson together. Those two can deal with big balls into the box all day long, providing someone else (crofts?) takes care of Tarabat and keeps him quiet, don''t fancy our chances if he starts running at them.I have a good feeling about this game, I think we''ll get at least a point and Warnock will wander into the sunset muttering and moaning about how no one wanted to instantly pat him on the arse at the end of the game.

Agree with the line-up with both Drury and Whitbread playing, but would have Korey mark Taraabt as he plays down the left mainly (perhaps a switchover arrangement with Crofts if Taraabt roves about. Totally agree that you have to stop Taraabt if you''re going to stop QPR.

I''m impressed that we can still manage a good bench with so many injured or suspended:

Subs: Rudd, Askou, OTJ or Gill, McNamee, Jackson, Johnson

If Drury is injured. R.Martin could switch to LB and Korey drop back to RB (not the time to experiment again with 3 defensive backs!)

trust me, we dont need anyone to man-mark taarabt. we just need a well marshalled defence and midfield to pick him up when he''s in their zone. Derry and Faurlin sit back most of the time as cover for taarabt as he never tracks back so anyone from fox, crofts, korey or the full backs can have him when he''s close.

he''s huckerby without the pace and can go missing in some games, so a well timed and sly "over the top" should quieten him down...step up Andrew Crofts! ;0)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I agree thats our best XI.But playing Whitbread and Drury who are both just back from injury is quite risky. What if both get injured so we are forced to make subs before even the first 45 ?Im guessing one will have to play, its a toss up for me but I''d say Whitbread. With Lappin deputising for Drury.Gonna be a real slog of a game. Tin hats on boys ![/quote]Lappin got his 5th yellow on Tuesday, so he can''t play