Sign in to follow this  
hps2031a

Leon Barnett - QPR

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hps2031a"]As todays fixture is off, does Leon miss QPR?
[/quote]

Yes, the ban gets carried over.

[/quote]

Thanks Mister C you have saved numerous posters giving the OP a lesson in stating the bleedin'' obvious.

[quote user="hps2031a"]As todays fixture is off, does Leon miss QPR?

[/quote]Welcome to the pink-un. With questions like that you should be a valuable asset.....[:S][:S][:S]

[quote user="pete"]Barnett got banned for 2 extra games i.e.CP/QPR, now QPR/Sheff U [/quote]*correction*i.e. CP/Sheff U, now Sheff U/QPR

Its a well known ruse in football that if you want to have Xmas off you get a ban to come into force through culmination of bookings or sent off before Santa arrives. So was Leon having a hissy fit or was he being more devious with the ball throwing at the ref?

HRH

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Its a well known ruse in football that if you want to have Xmas off you get a ban to come into force through culmination of bookings or sent off before Santa arrives. So was Leon having a hissy fit or was he being more devious with the ball throwing at the ref? HRH[/quote]

Would you want to have been stuck in Dunston Hall for Xmas without your family around you??

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Exactly.Where there''s a will....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planes,_Trains_and_Automobiles HRH[/quote]

But if he had been training and then playing on the 26th, 28th, Jan 1st  he wouldn''t have had much time to drive back to the Midlands would he??

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hps2031a"]As todays fixture is off, does Leon miss QPR?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Mister C you have saved numerous posters giving the OP a lesson in stating the bleedin'' obvious.

[/quote]

What is it with all this negativity at this time of year? You could have just said nothing.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hps2031a"]As todays fixture is off, does Leon miss QPR?[/quote]Yes, the ban gets carried over.[/quote]

[/quote]

What is it with all this negativity at this time of year? You could have just said nothing.

[/quote]This is where all the old scrooges you don''t tend to see around this time of year vent their frustration with the season.Whoever his ''inner circle'' is, i''d gander they''re a large part of the ''Bah! Humbug!'' brigade.

My point is simply this, if Leon spent time at home with his family over the Xmas period when he would normally been with his team mates playing or training then he is being rewarded for indiscipline. That is not a way to build team spirit and has a negative effect on morale. I hope he had Xmas at a hotel somewhere in Norwich where he had time to reflect on his unprofessional outburst.

HRH

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Its a well known ruse in football that if you want to have Xmas off you get a ban to come into force through culmination of bookings or sent off before Santa arrives. So was Leon having a hissy fit or was he being more devious with the ball throwing at the ref? HRH[/quote]

Would you want to have been stuck in Dunston Hall for Xmas without your family around you??

[/quote]

I wouldn''t mind,but then again i have a dysfunctional family[:P]

Seriously,i think haisbro is being overly cynical on this point.Would a player risk losing a contract just so he can have a few days off?

Barnett did not get himself sent off or banned deliberately and anyone who suggests he did clearly was not at the game. He lost it because he cares. simple as that. Its a blow him not playing against QPR as I worry about Nelson when teams are threading through balls behind our defence.

I was at the game and sometimes things happen on a football pitch which makes you wonder. Am i being cynical, yes but it does go on.

The recent betting scandal in Scotland where a player was sent off for man handling the ref as ''unusual betting patterns" on a player being sent off in the very same game were happening. The player was on loan from Tranmere and the bets were placed in the Liverpool area. Am i being cynical to think the worse?

Who knows what goes on, but throwing a football at a referee will only have one result, an extended ban. I''ll give him the benefit of doubt but sometimes it does no harm to think the unthinkable. How many times have we had players on loan who work hard for a contract and then disappoint when made permanent. Lets hope its an isolated incident.

HRH

You make some fair comments[Y] I''d hope that our players are better than that,but sometimes that could just be green and yellow tinted specs.

There is no way Leon did that deliberately. What a shocking accusation. The guy has been the absolute pro since arriving, these things just happen sometimes. You saw Matty Fryatt completely lose the plot against us. That was purely because the adrenline was pumping after scoring and he was being wound up by us not allowing him to get the ball out of the net. Barnett was equally upset by what he felt was a poor decision. I am sure he was fined quite heavily as well so I am sure that took the gloss off having any time off over Christmas

Throwing the ball at the ref was a deliberate act. The only reason for raising the point is.. what was the real reason for him throwing the ball. Loss of temper due to frustration or something more cynical. The feedback on here is that it wasn''t cynical I tend to agree but as Leon is the author of his misfortune you can''t blame people from thinking the unthinkable, it does go on, players do "arrange" their time off over xmas through "injury"/suspension because pro''s have talked about it on TV and in press. To get out of this league requires many factors in your favour, discipline and team spirit are high up on the list, that evening he let us all down.

HRH

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you''ve got nothing positive to say, say nothing at all.

What a loss you and your opinionated nonsense are to NCISA.

[quote user="Til Seeker"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you''ve got nothing positive to say, say nothing at all.

What a loss you and your opinionated nonsense are to NCISA.

[/quote]

Well,well,well a post that has been four months in the coming and in response to something i said four days ago.What a sad life you must have stalking me around this messageboard and only having the balls to pop up every few months.It is so easy to hide behind your laptop and be brave so just in case you do not fear having your identity revealed i can be contacted directly at J.TILSON@SKY.COM or on 07714216616 or failing that in The Nelson Hotel both before and after home games.Surely you are not intimidated by an old 59 year old man and would be brave enough to debate your views face to face but then again something tells me that hiding behond your laptop is ther best you can come up with.

Oh and by the way i  suppose being NCISA Vice President means i am no longer involved or is that just "opinionated nonsense"?

John, not entirely sure what you gained from the last post.

Your comment to the poster was a bit OTT to what was a valid question however ''obvious'' it seemed. However ''Til Seeker''s'' response was equally OTT.

Let''s just look at the situation for a second...a poster comes on here and asks a valid question and he gets shot down by a regular user because it was ''bleedin'' obvious''

This is a public message board so anyone is entitled to speak about what they want without getting told what is right and wrong....afterall we are all supporting the same team (on a whole) aren''t we?

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]John, not entirely sure what you gained from the last post. Your comment to the poster was a bit OTT to what was a valid question however ''obvious'' it seemed. However ''Til Seeker''s'' response was equally OTT. Let''s just look at the situation for a second...a poster comes on here and asks a valid question and he gets shot down by a regular user because it was ''bleedin'' obvious'' This is a public message board so anyone is entitled to speak about what they want without getting told what is right and wrong....afterall we are all supporting the same team (on a whole) aren''t we?[/quote]

Jez you will find that Til Seeker has made 4 posts since joining and everyone has been personally aimed at me I really do not see why i should put up with such an idiot making personal attacks from behind the safety of his laptop.If he has a genuine grievance with me have the balls to say it to my face or communicate directly with me via the options i listed.

Sorry but rant over.