Sign in to follow this  
Cambridge yellow

Is it just me who thought Holt was way out of order yesterday ?

I was sitting right near the handbags incident and couldn''t be sure i''d seen it right but i''ve watched it again on the bbc website and you can see GH run from the incident and as he passes Quinn he gives him a right old clout on the sly. I haven''t seen the other incident just before halftime again ( i caught it whilst having my mid game pint ) but he looked to have got Bartley booked as well when it Holt wasn''t even touched.

Now , dont get me wrong i aint got that much of a problem with things like the penalty he got us but the Quinn incident as i see it was way way out of order and not something i like to see from any player on the field, let alone one of ours.

Yes i know Holts a tough player but that was too far for me.

Any one else see it  or go one to the bbc site and tell me i''m wrong ( at 1.33 in the vid)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9326705.stm

( still a top man for taking apart the Binners though )

Yeah, Holt could get in trouble for that....

I still think Quinn got sent off for abusing the linesman.......He didn''t do anything else, but the ref only got the card out after Quinn started shouting at the linesman....

The Blades #4 gives Wes a solid back hand and then Holt seems to really clout the Ginger who responds with what looks like a ninja kick.What Holt did to him does look a bit out of order but.......... no one likes a Ginger.

lol.....

This isn''t a negative? Someone was brining up a point that know one else had mentioned, and if you watch that it does seem to look like Holt stuck an elbow in his face, maybe you see it differently.

(oh and did you not read the last line of his post?)

(Suppose i shouldn''t really be replying to you, i should be outside playing or something shouldn''t I. Almost forgot you were so obsessed with my social life.....)

Add to the fact that when they are all hand bags the Ginger gives Martin a quick right hook jab , you can just make out his elbow dropping fist raising and Martin then drops.Linesman looking right at him as well.Nasty ugly ginger.

Gingers headbutt was quite tame,the one aimed at Chris could have been worse.Was that fatty?

Quick to appologise if you are a ginger , gingerpele ( or anyother gingers round there) Being gingerist will soon be a form of racism the way its going !! :(

[quote user="Herman "]Gingers headbutt was quite tame,the one aimed at Chris could have been worse.Was that fatty?[/quote]Nah ol chubs woulda taken a chrissy martin "saturday night out in Beccles special " if it had been of any substance !

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Yeahhh let''s all talk about the negatives as we''re doing so well and can''t find alot to moan about...
[/quote]

I''m not moaning , i''m asking others if people see it the same as i do .

I suppose if someone had clouted Hooly like that we couldn''t talk about that either ?

I''m all for the lads standing up for the rest of the team but only like for like .

Quinn had been gobbling off at the ref all afternoon when Wes got clattered Holt waded in and shoved Quinn who then threw him self at Holt the ref had arrived and Russell Martin had been hit in the mouth and after everything calmed down Quinn carried on really laying in to the Lino and the ref when he went after him so quite rightly got his marching orders.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah, Holt could get in trouble for that.... I still think Quinn got sent off for abusing the linesman.......He didn''t do anything else, but the ref only got the card out after Quinn started shouting at the linesman....[/quote]

Quinn was sent off for violent conduct - the headbut on Martin. It was the linesman that informed the ref. Could get 4 matches for that looking at his reaction after the red card.  

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Quick to appologise if you are a ginger , gingerpele ( or anyother gingers round there) Being gingerist will soon be a form of racism the way its going !! :([/quote]

I love the ginger abuse :P (and i am ginger :P)

And I saw he was sent off for violent conduct, but on first look didn''t really see anything violent...will watch it again

[quote user="Gingerpele"]lol.....

This isn''t a negative? Someone was brining up a point that know one else had mentioned, and if you watch that it does seem to look like Holt stuck an elbow in his face, maybe you see it differently.

(oh and did you not read the last line of his post?)

(Suppose i shouldn''t really be replying to you, i should be outside playing or something shouldn''t I
. Almost forgot you were so obsessed with my social life.....)[/quote]Correct, run along

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Quick to appologise if you are a ginger , gingerpele ( or anyother gingers round there) Being gingerist will soon be a form of racism the way its going !! :([/quote]

I love the ginger abuse :P (and i am ginger :P)

And I saw he was sent off for violent conduct, but on first look didn''t really see anything violent...will watch it again[/quote]Ahh, now I understand the reason you don''t go outside.Sorry.

As long as the ref says he saw everything not a problem, however thanks for the footage op at least it makes it a little clearer why their manager has asked the FA to look at  Holts actions. Push nudge handbags whatever you want to call it why does Holt take these risks, we were winning with seconds left and had a freekick and however you describe it the ref could have seen a push in the face and a 3 match ban even if he did not actually catch him, in fact had the player of just gone to ground Holt would have probably seen red.  

Actually the BBC camera does not show but Sky did show what Quinn did which was a good little right fist jab at Martin which is why he fell to his knees , lucky not to get done for GBH.What you need to look at with Grant Holt is where the ball is and he was simply running towards it and brushed past Quinn , yes it was hard but Quinn was not going for it just standing in the way.And that is why the "soft" penalty was given the United player clearly decided not to go for the player and not the ball and I am afraid the days of a shoulder charge off the ball being acceptable are long since gone.As for the United managers claim that the second was hand to ball is ridiculous he was yards from where the ball is chipped into the box and then with arm at waist level clearly pushes ball away with hand.And how United got away with a brawl a week ago against Hull also with no one sent off who knows was worse than this one and at least two United players in with fists flying, maybe that is why Quinn thought it was OK this time!

Pretty much agree with you there CJ - have watched it several times now and I''m not sure Holt did a great deal tbh - was definitely running for the ball and could easily argue any clash was accidental; would be extremely harsh for any action to be taken against him.

Re: the Blades manager, he is coming across as a prize plonker and big-time sore loser. I, along with everyone else thought the first pen was soft but from tv you can see why it was given; the second was blatant handball and fair enough; Evans''s pen shout in the first half wasn''t given as he fouled Nelson first - simple as that.

Also love how the blades fail to remember that when R.Martin went down in the second half and the ref missed it but stopped play he awarded the ball to the Blades just inside our half. Instead of passing back like he was supposed / expected to, little chubby Reid tried to lob the ball to his striker instead.Prize banker him

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Anyone else worry that all the people Holty''s wound up in the first half of the season and waiting to greet him in the second half. Oh well I guess thats what Wilbrahams for[/quote]

For that to happen we have to think that footballers have to be able to remember things for more that a couple of days........

I think Quinn may have seen red because the Ref didn''t see the challenge on Nelson 5 mins earlier. It appeared that Nelson had stud marks on his upper thigh from a "late" challenge. If the ref had seen this incident then he wouldn''t have been on the pitch to cause the brawl. Oh and I noticed the Sheff U manager didn''t mention this in the after match interview either.

Why are "little Ginger" midfielders so fiesty?

Because no body likes a ginger and they have spent thier life being trodden on.I still think all gingers should be forced to shave thier heads from the age of 5, that way the rest of us "normal" people dont have to look at thier ghastly ginger locks !!!!(snigger snigger chortle chortle !! )

Just watched the highlights again on the BBC firstly if the FA do look at the incident again I don''t think Holt will be in trouble but Andy Ried pushing his head into C Martin might.

And more importantly why isn''t Ruddy''s last minute save shown it was a vital part of the game. Come on BBC get your act together