Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City and Sheffield United both charged by the FA

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]For "mass confrontation".Andy Reid also charged with violent conduct following his headbutt.[/quote]You''re joking. For that little scuffle? I can understand why two Sheff U individuals would be charged but not why the club would be.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]For "mass confrontation".Andy Reid also charged with violent conduct following his headbutt.[/quote]You''re joking. For that little scuffle? I can understand why two Sheff U individuals would be charged but not why the club would be.[/quote]

Blimey anyone would think Football is for girls, it''s grown men playing and it shows players care, what''s a headbutt or a kick in the head.I see no problem with any of it.

Actually having watched a replay of the incident several times  Holt went looking for trouble and clocked reid one, just wonder why Lambert was keen to get someone in as a replacement for Holt  he may just get a suspension for that attack.I love what Holt does but !!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]What about Quinn ?[/quote]He was sent off...[/quote]Yeh but he clearly threw a punch so figured he would get a pretty harsh fine / ban

I see Blades also charged arfter Hull.  Will this case have been heard before the return match on 22 Jan?  The Blades may well have paid a fine by then  which might blunt their presence in the transfer market.  It could be a tasty match though, with Holt getting targeted for some abuse much the same way that WLY always did - and WLY always responded with a goal which raised the needling even more.  Can''t wait. 

Holt wash pushing at their defence all night and was giving as good as he got.

They were quite a tough, physical side. I was a bit surprised it took the ref so long to book one of their players to be honest as there was an obvious tactic of dragging our players down before they got too close to the penalty area. I wondered if they thought it was better to let us have a set piece which we are not usually that useful with or to allow us to get through and pass it around in their box.

The flair up was actually entirely the referees fault. A couple of nasty challenges had gone in before it happened and the when he finally called one it went off. Not surprising when Nelson had also had a blow to the face - which may have been the Reid incident I am not sure.

From where I was standing although a couple of our lads got into the front lines a bit eagerly, all they were doing was presenting a united front, and like Nelson said after the game, they aren''t just going to stand there and let one of their team mates and friends get started on by several of their players.

I hope the FA looks to previous for this, two games on the trot with the same accusation. I mean when was the last time we got in trouble for a mass brawl?