Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Drury signs contract extension

It''s testament to Adam''s fantastic consistency that the time he gets noticed the most is when he''s injured. He''s been quietly efficient for the best part of a decade, and his temperament, loyalty and solidarity have been vital to so many of the positives from the last 10 years. Hope he stays until the end of his career and gets another shot at Premiership football.

Drury is possibly the most consistent player i''ve ever seen. He hardly ever puts a foot wrong and i can''t recall too many poor performances over the years.

Not sure if he is already, but if he isnt then he should be inducted into the hall of fame without a doubt.

Fry once called him the best left back outside the premiership and he was back then and in my opinion he still is. When he''s on form hardly anything gets through down his flank.

If i''m correct he needs just under 100 performances to make it into the clubs top 5 appearances doesn''t he??

He''ll get a testimonial i''m sure.. and it''ll be well deserved. Hardly anyone stays at a club for 10 years now, and considering how much we paid for him i think we''ve definitely gotten value for money!!

excellent news - as good a xmas present as we will get - the board starting to honour their we will not loose players for free now or in the summer comment.

as long as its not just to allow him more time to recover from his injury; perhaps the contract includes a discount for time on the treatment table ;-)

Wonderfull news, great player, great role model and loves the club just like the rest of us.

Great news! One of my favourite players, quality player and terrific passion and loyalty. We can only hope that ever improving Russel Martin who like Drury joined from Peterborough follows in his footsteps