Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Hi Nutty I have just done this (visited Billy''s to make my weekly donation) and was informed you have been on a little visit, - hope all went well my friend?

[/quote]

Back home and on the mend thanks Drinks. I''m being turned into Robocop bit by bit......

Come quietly or there will be trouble......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Hi Nutty I have just done this (visited Billy''s to make my weekly donation) and was informed you have been on a little visit, - hope all went well my friend?

[/quote]

Back home and on the mend thanks Drinks. I''m being turned into Robocop bit by bit......

Come quietly or there will be trouble......

[/quote]

Glad to see that you are " on the mend " as you put it Nutty.Far better than being " on the Taddy " believe me.[:D]

3 out of 3 so far Graham but i must say the sweaty socks left it late with 2 goals at 90 minutes +.[:)]

Well that''s a relief.  I''ve been listening to Radio Five (in between falling asleep for several minutes at a time) and it really looked as though Celtic would spoil it for us again.  Wycombe made heavy weather of it too.  But somehow we''re still alive...

Well done so far Graham. It did look a bit iffy when Hereford equalised and Celtic weren''t looking like scoring. But then the late goals came in our favour again and we''re halfway there.

We can keep up with the game in Morocco from this link.

And the Belgium livescores from this link

It looks like the Bangor game tomorrow has been postponed so there will be no carry over and we shall know our fate later this evening. The hit to our potential win is not too bad. If we get all five I make it £46.07p.

Let''s hope we are all "on it" celebrating tonight[B][Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

All you PUPs who have changed due to postponements will be on your revised selections for our league. Well done again to Graham for managing to pick games that are being played. You PUPs really do make my job easy.

Scooby - There was never a selection from you on last weeks thread. I thought at the time it was strange because I know you always make one however difficult it is for you. I would be quite happy to give you Fenerbahce in retrospect but just a little concerned about setting such a precedent. What do you other PUPs think?

Alec - It may be better to postpone your week in charge until February. I have no problem with you making the final selections on a Thursday in principle but it''s probably not a good idea while the weather is so bad. It''s better to leave it as late as possible because of the possibility of postponements. I promise you won''t miss out. What do you think?

Nutty - Don''t worry about it, it would be an unadvisable precedent to set.  I will take it on the chin and remember to check my selection properly from now on. 

[/quote]

Anderlecht only won by the six goals then [:D]A second consecutive triumph over the festive period. And in a week that offered even less than last. Seriously well done.

[quote user="fonejacker"]Anderlecht only won by the six goals then [:D]A second consecutive triumph over the festive period. And in a week that offered even less than last. Seriously well done.[/quote]Seconded.Another great week. Well done Graham and to all Pup''s for finding so many winning games.

Congratulations Graham!! What a tremendous effort in what was such a difficult week. Tomorrows game is postponed so the bet must be won. I will ring Billy tomorrow to confirm the payout which I worked out to be £46.07. But for tonight I will go with that figure so that I can amend Ray''s signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, yes Norfolkchance1 £1168 for the Academy,so far.

I know how proud that makes you Graham, you deserve to be on there[Y]

Fantastic!  Really really pleased with that - fourth time lucky for me, even if it was only with five games in the end but still, eh?  So glad to have my name on Ray''s signature at last.Big thanks everyone for your picks, massive credit to you all for pulling so many great picks out of the bag on a nightmare week.  It''s always a team effort and that''s two wins on the spin which is something we haven''t done very often I''d imagine.  Just shows the quality of PUPs we now have - let''s keep it up next week for three in a row eh?

Absolutely brilliant Graham, congrats. I know each win is as good as any other but for me this is something special. There was only about 25 games that got played this week, and that you managed to get 5 wins out of them is brilliant, not to mentioning avoiding enough of the postponements to get a line, and finally avoiding the banana-skins that were left. A brilliant effort Graham!

Am good for that date Nutty.Any games tomorrow other than the Arsenal game as I seem to have forgotten to nominate a Boxing Day pick...

Good picking Graham. Not only did you have the normal minefields to navigate but the crazy weather ( undoubtedly caused by global warming ), the scientists who are behind the whole mess on both sides of the issue, and the information leaks out of the UEA. However did you manage to be successful in the midst of those inputs? [:D]

Well done Graham, picking at its best. I think Fone jacker and your goodself definitely had Billy in the ''Russian Pincer'' movement over Chrimbo,good work fellas (not that one.....these two.......you know what i mean!!!!!!!)

Blooming brilliant stuff Graham, how you managed to pull that of this week is beyond me. You fully deserve you name being in the hall of fame for that one.[Y]

Great stuff Graham and all PUPs.A very tricky weekend but you done it[Y]

My pick,Bangor has been moved to wednesday,so it looks like i will miss out this week.Nevermind,at least we won.

[quote user="Herman "]

Great stuff Graham and all PUPs.A very tricky weekend but you done it[Y]

My pick,Bangor has been moved to wednesday,so it looks like i will miss out this week.Nevermind,at least we won.

[/quote]

I''m afraid that''s so Herman. But it doesn''t go down as a loss, you just remain where you were last week.

I just called Billy and the bet is won at the revised payout of £46.07. This was a fantastic effort by Graham once again showing what a fantastic team of PUPs we have now. It was also the 5th win this season and took the season''s winnings to over £200. I am so proud to be part of such a wonderful venture but so much credit has to go to Billy for his continued sponsorship. Amidst all this bad weather which has undoubtedly adversely affected his business Billy was so pleased for Graham and all you PUPs over this win. A bookie who pays for the bet and then is happy to payout must be a one-off! What we have here is very special and I believe unique to our club. I''m sure we all feel proud today.

I''ll be back tomorrow with the stats and then on Wednesday with the new thread for next weekends fixtures where we have our great friend Hissing Sid in charge and making the final selections.

What a great Christmas this has been for all us PUPs and FONCY! Graham’s superb effort this week gave us our second win on the spin. Over the last two weekends we have won over £86 for FONCY. On both weekends you PUPs played a blinder as the stats will bear out. And Graham did so well to avoid all but one of the postponed games from such a small choice of matches.

Now here are those stats: -

62 of us picked this weekend with 46 correct and 11 void picks making a success rate of 90%. Between us we gave Graham 20 different selections with 19 winning and 8 void games making a success rate of 75%. Once again this success really was a team effort though so well done all of you.

Thanks again Graham and I so know you enjoyed your week in charge. I know how pleased you are to have your name on the lines of fame and I am just as pleased for you.

Once again there‘s little change in our league because you were all so good this week. Here is the latest table showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Canary Cherub [*]19-21 90
Cosmic Twin [*]19-21 90
Graham Humphrey [*]19-21 90
Herman 13-15 87
Mr. Bump 18-21 86
Norfolkbroadslim 18-21 86
Trent Canary 18-21 86
Scooby 17-20 85
Beauseant 15-18 83
Ginger Pele 17-21 81
Inch High 17-21 81
Newyorkcanary 17-21 81
Norfolkchance1 17-21 81
Diesel Doris 16-21 76
Muddy funster 16-21 76
Statto 16-21 76
City-Til-I-Die 14-19 74
Jimbo Jetset 14-19 74
Lappinitup 14-19 74
Excited Canary 11-15 73
Duncan Edwards 13-18 72
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 13-18 72
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 15-21 71
Davo 15-21 71
Til 1010 15-21 71
Chelle 14-20 70
Hughesy 14-20 70
Jed Exodus 14-20 70
Sports Desk - Pete 14-20 70
Big Slob 11-16 69
Fonejacker 14-21 67
methcanary 14-21 67
1st Wazzock 13-20 65
Charlie Farlie 13-20 65
Pboro_Canary 13-20 65
Sparkos 13-20 65
Delia''s Devonshire.. 9-14 64
Dogger 7-11 64
Fellas 12-19 63
Shack Attack 10-16 63
Tony Da''Wonderful 13-21 62

GMF 12-20 60
Leedscanary 12-20 60
Scrimmage 9-15 60
Canary Chris 6-10 60
Obiwancanary 10-17 59
Berkshire Canary 7-12 58
Hissing Sid 12-21 57
NCFCStar 12-21 57
Mister Chops 10-18 56
Cityangel 11-20 55
Yankee Canary 11-20 55
The Butler 9-17 53
WITS 9-17 53
Jellytot 10-19 53

Brendan 10-20 50
Smudger 6-12 50

I will be back tomorrow with the New Year thread when we have our great friend Hissing Sid in charge and making the final selections.