Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Manchester United vs Sunderland - Home win.

Best of luck Graham and all PUP''s.

Sorry to be so boring but I''m off to Anderlecht. I tried to find an other option. I even went as far abroad as Australia (boxing day games were at 06:00 our time) and nigeria (no surprisingly I couldn''t find any odds).

I wish you all the best of luck and hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Davo

Well here we go then.  Big thanks to everybody who has contributed a selection this week - definitely one of the hardest weeks we have ever had, owing to both the lack of leagues around the world playing, and the number of games in our country that are being called off already.  Despite this we have had (at my count anyway) an impressive 21 different fixtures selected.  Of these, at least two have gone already (Port Vale v Lincoln, Wrexham v Altrincham) so they''re unfortunately out of the reckoning.  Considering the weather, as well as my six, I will also leave an additional two back-up fixtures to replace any postponed picks - providing Nutty is okay with this of course.So, after a great amount of studying and careful consideration, I have gone for:Anderlecht v Lierse - a massively popular selection this one and rightly so - Anderlecht going for the title, Lierse struggling at the bottom.Celtic v St Johnstone - a risky one this, a Celtic have proven a bit of a dealbreaker in the past, on more than one occasion.  However as Pboro stated, to see them failing at home twice in a week is difficult, so for that reason alone they make the cut.Wycombe v Hereford - Wycombe are chasing promotion from League Two while Hereford are propping up the table.  However Wycombe''s home record isn''t fantastic and Hereford have three away wins already this season - three more than they''ve managed at home.  But their recent form has seen them in serious danger of losing touch so the home side are certainly favourites.  I''m confident this will go ahead as Wycombe have undersoil heating, as we found out to our benefit last year.Maghrab Fas v Wydad Fas - thanks to PurpleCanary for pulling out a monumentally obscure Moroccan league fixture - and one probably not at risk of a frozen pitch...!  Having checked the tables this looks a pretty good bet.Bangor City v Prestatyn - a Monday fixture this one, and at the time of writing still going ahead.  Bangor are nine out of nine at home and top of the tree by some 13 points.  Prestatyn are fifth and a long, long way back.And finally...Manchester United v Sunderland - still unbeaten and at home, you''d have to seriously fancy United to keep up this record against a Sunderland side who don''t travel too well.  This is also my pick.In the event of any of the games above being postponed before the bet is placed, here''s a couple of back-up fixtures (if it''s allowed).  Clearly if more than two are off, then to use a phrase coined by a certain person who used to be employed at a certain football club would say - "We''ll go with what we''ve got" [;)]

1) Racing Genk v St Truiden - another Belgian fixture, played on

Monday.  A similar scenario to the Anderlecht game above.  The home side

again look good for a comfortable win.2) Huddersfield v Hartlepool - although Hartlepool are no mugs on their travels, Huddersfield are strong at home and score plenty of goals - they should have too much quality for their visitors.So that''s that.  Sorry if it seems a little unadventurous - I''m not a betting expert but this won''t win us much should it come off, I''m sure.  However with such a nightmare week to be in charge of, merely finding games that''ll take place is a challenge in itself, so this is - I feel - the best I could do.  Many thanks once again to all my fellow PUPs for your excellent picks - I considered each and every one of them.  And of course, thanks to Nutty for his dedication to the cause and giving me this opportunity once again, Billy for his generosity and above all Ray - without whom I would not be typing this at all.  I''d also like to thank my family - er, ahem, got carried away there.Merry Christmas to all PUPs and maybe I''ll see some of you at Selhurst Park on Boxing Day.

Wonderful stuff Graham and these all look good to me. I''ll get them to Billy on Boxing Day and post the odds one here. If there''s any postponements before I do that I will substitute with on of your reserves.

Give them a cheer from me at the palace of selhurst! [;)]

A fine looking set of picks Graham given the lack of games we had to select from. I wish you the very best in delivering this christmas presents to FONCY.[Y]

"Looking at the weather forecasts it seems that the North seems to have the better of the weather, so I am going for a York home win vs Gateshead in the Blue Square Premier, hopefully that will beat the weather. 

If it doesn''t, my backup is Anderlecht beating Lierse at home in the Belgium league.

Good luck Graham it will be needed this week, and Merry Christmas to all Pups."

Well York is off so I guess I am onto my backup!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty one of the free bet season. We are now into the second half of our season. Despite this being a difficult season for selections (As the PUPs League shows) you brilliant team of PUPs have already managed four wins putting £161 into our bank for FONCY. This week we have top PUP and long time league leader Graham Humphrey in charge and making the final selections. Graham has been at the top of our league all season having made 18 correct selections in the 20 weeks so far. In fact, added to his impressive 85% last season Graham has made 53 correct selections from his last 60 picks. Giving him an incredible strike rate of 88% over the last two seasons. Those of you who know Graham from our meets will also know that he is a top bloke too. Always with a smile and a great sense of humour he epitomises the spirit that Ray managed to put into these threads.

Of course good as Graham is he can’t get us another win without the help of our wonderful team of PUPs. Last week was probably your best ever. Taking out the postponed gamess 39 from 41 PUPs selected correctly which was a staggering 95%. But we all have our work cut out this time. The fixtures we have to select from are those played on Boxing Day. So there is no safety net of going to warmer climes to beat the weather. And Graham probably has the most difficult task that any of us have ever had. There doesn’t appear to be any let up in the freezing weather so finding six that are actually played will be extremely difficult. I have found this site on The Beeb  which shows the weather forecast for all the teams in England and Scotland so I hope it will be useful to all of us. And don’t forget that there’s lots of good information available in our PUPs Library on the NCISA web site.

I am still putting together the rota for January’s final selections. Provisionally I have: -

January 1st Hissing Sid confirmed.

January 8th Obiwancanary confirmed.

January 15th Excited Canary

January 22nd Sports Desk - Pete

January 29th City-Til-I-Die confirmed.

So Pete and Excited, if you have managed to get this far through nutty‘s ramblings, could you confirm if those dates are ok.[;)]

We have two birthdays today. Many happy returns to PUPs Hissing Sid and Duncan Edwards. And tomorrow it’s happy birthday to part-time PUP Morty. Leave us a selection Morty if you’re looking in.[^]

And of course I’d like to wish all you PUPs and your families a very Merry Christmas.

I

’ll hand the free bet over to Graham now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Graham... the free bet is yours.......[:)]......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, yes Norfolkchance1 £1121 for the Academy,so far.

[/quote]Hi Nutty, that date should be fine for me. I may have to do my 6 picks on the Thursday though, as I am off to London for the weekend on Friday night. Can''t wait, cheers [Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Good evening Nutmeister,good luck to you Graham and may i wish all you PUPs out there a very Merry Christmas.

A home win for EVERTON v Birmingham on what i feel will be a very iffy Boxing Day as far as picks are concerned.

[/quote]

My game has been called off Nutty so can i please now go for BOLTON v West Brom and a home win for Owen Coyle?

Think I''m going to have to go with the weather and a Man Utd win please.

Good luck Graham!

Nutty, did something happen to last weeks thread?  I checked the table and saw that I''m one game down, then realised that my Fenerbache pick wasn''t in the thread!![:@]  Could quite possibly be a c*ck up on my part as I was still in the middle east at the time.  Just thought I''d ask.

[quote user="Hughesy"]League 1 for me and Dagenham & Redbridge v Brighton - Away Win Happy Christmas everyone and good luck Graham[/quote]

Got as far as Newmarket and heard Citys game was off...got home and found out my pick was off!!!

So a change if thats ok, I''m now going for

Reading to win at home to Bristol City.

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Graham Humphrey and Billy Dixon we have...

1/5

Anderlecht

7:30 Sun

1/4

Celtic

3:00 Sun

4/7

Wycombe

17/20

Maghreb Fes

6:45 Sun

1/4

Bangor

2:30 Mon

2/7

Manchester Utd

Which will win for the Academy £60.08p. I ran the same bet through Bet 365 and the return would only be £49.57. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted. So now it’s "game on". We have 5 games today and 1 tomorrow and I reckon a pretty good chance of adding to this seasons wins.

Good luck everyone....[:)].....

All you PUPs who have changed due to postponements will be on your revised selections for our league. Well done again to Graham for managing to pick games that are being played. You PUPs really do make my job easy.

Scooby - There was never a selection from you on last weeks thread. I thought at the time it was strange because I know you always make one however difficult it is for you. I would be quite happy to give you Fenerbahce in retrospect but just a little concerned about setting such a precedent. What do you other PUPs think?

Alec - It may be better to postpone your week in charge until February. I have no problem with you making the final selections on a Thursday in principle but it''s probably not a good idea while the weather is so bad. It''s better to leave it as late as possible because of the possibility of postponements. I promise you won''t miss out. What do you think?