Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty one of the free bet season. We are now into the second half of our season. Despite this being a difficult season for selections (As the PUPs League shows) you brilliant team of PUPs have already managed four wins putting £161 into our bank for FONCY. This week we have top PUP and long time league leader Graham Humphrey in charge and making the final selections. Graham has been at the top of our league all season having made 18 correct selections in the 20 weeks so far. In fact, added to his impressive 85% last season Graham has made 53 correct selections from his last 60 picks. Giving him an incredible strike rate of 88% over the last two seasons. Those of you who know Graham from our meets will also know that he is a top bloke too. Always with a smile and a great sense of humour he epitomises the spirit that Ray managed to put into these threads.

Of course good as Graham is he can’t get us another win without the help of our wonderful team of PUPs. Last week was probably your best ever. Taking out the postponed gamess 39 from 41 PUPs selected correctly which was a staggering 95%. But we all have our work cut out this time. The fixtures we have to select from are those played on Boxing Day. So there is no safety net of going to warmer climes to beat the weather. And Graham probably has the most difficult task that any of us have ever had. There doesn’t appear to be any let up in the freezing weather so finding six that are actually played will be extremely difficult. I have found this site on The Beeb  which shows the weather forecast for all the teams in England and Scotland so I hope it will be useful to all of us. And don’t forget that there’s lots of good information available in our PUPs Library on the NCISA web site.

I am still putting together the rota for January’s final selections. Provisionally I have: -

January 1st Hissing Sid confirmed.

January 8th Obiwancanary confirmed.

January 15th Excited Canary

January 22nd Sports Desk - Pete

January 29th City-Til-I-Die confirmed.

So Pete and Excited, if you have managed to get this far through nutty‘s ramblings, could you confirm if those dates are ok.[;)]

We have two birthdays today. Many happy returns to PUPs Hissing Sid and Duncan Edwards. And tomorrow it’s happy birthday to part-time PUP Morty. Leave us a selection Morty if you’re looking in.[^]

And of course I’d like to wish all you PUPs and your families a very Merry Christmas.

I

ll hand the free bet over to Graham now. Enjoy your week in charge, theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Graham... the free bet is yours.......[:)]......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, yes Norfolkchance1 £1121 for the Academy,so far.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The fixtures we have to select from are those played on Boxing Day. So there is no safety net of going to warmer climes to beat the weather. 

[/quote]

---

This may or may not be helpful, but as things stand there are three games scheduled for Boxing in the Libyan League, and six in the Tunisian League. Details on ther Soccerway site, for one.

As its Xmas I will have go with our boys so Palace v Norwich away win

Good luck Graham and all the PUP''s , lets start the New Year of with a win for both FONCY and City.

From snowy Britain to snowy Belgium, my selection is

Anderlecht  v  Lierse  (home win)

Should it be postponed I''ll settle for Man U v Sunderland (home)

Happy Christmas to you all, and GOOD LUCK everyone [<:o)]

I was going to go for the obvious Man U to win at home to Sunderland but have recollection that Utd do tend to sometimes have an iffy xmas(not based on fact). So i''m going for a resurgent Everton to win at home against Birmingham City.

Good luck Graham and all PUPs and hope that you all have a great Christmas.

MC

Well, not such an easy choice this week to avoid the weather so, fingers crossed, it doesn''t interupt the Boxing Day fixtures.I''m going to dip my toe into the Conference, hope the weather allows the fixture to be played, and go forWrexham v Altrincham   home winMy mate is a part-time steward at Altrincham and reckons they are doing their best to get relegated, having lost 13 matches so far this season and are sitting at the bottom of the league.Good luck peeps and Merry Christmas to you all [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/xmastree.gif[/img]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s only helpful if there''s a price on the odds comparison site Purple. It''s in our library.

[/quote]

---

nutty, there is on oddschecker a bwin quote for the three Libyan games. No odds yet on the Tunisian games, and indeed I now see that three of them are being scheduled for Christmas Day rather than Boxing Day. If there is an advantage to these games, assuming they take place on Boxing Day, it is that they are unlikely to fall foul of the weather,  unlike some of the UK games that may get picked by posters.

I''m not 100% on the leagues that play but to my knowledge it''s only the UK and Belgium on boxing day. Here is a coupon for basically all the UK games: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-coupons/uk-couponAs for me I will go for also have to go for Anderlecht to beat Lierse. (And if that game doesn''t go ahead I''ll go for a game that''s very likely to go ahead in Manchester United v Sunderland home win.) Sorry it''s not inspiring, I will check in later on down the line to see what''s going on and might change my nap. But for now, good luck to all the PUP''s, and also to best of luck Graham, we''re all be rooting for you!

Oooh a dodgy week to be selecting so all the very best of luck to GH, I''ve always had a soft spot for this team so I''ll go with a Wycombe Wanderers home win please.

Wycombe Wanderers v Hereford.....home win.

May I wish all my fellow pups a very merry christmas and hope you all have a happy peaceful festive season.

[img]http://dudesondiapers.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/funny-christmas-card-santa-gets-a-flat.jpg[/img]

Certainly is a tricky week. An offering from the Premier League from me and

Wolves v Wigan - Home Win

Bottom of the table clash but Wolves home record is W4 D2 L3 F13 A13 while Wigan away are W1 D3 L4 F5 A11.

A very Happy Christmas to all PUPs, and best of luck Graham.

Norwich game, as normal.

Crystal Palace Vs Norwich City - Away Win. We can''t allow palace to do the double over us and a draw never looks likely under lambert!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s only helpful if there''s a price on the odds comparison site Purple. It''s in our library.

[/quote]

---

nutty, there is on oddschecker a bwin quote for the three Libyan games. No odds yet on the Tunisian games, and indeed I now see that three of them are being scheduled for Christmas Day rather than Boxing Day. If there is an advantage to these games, assuming they take place on Boxing Day, it is that they are unlikely to fall foul of the weather,  unlike some of the UK games that may get picked by posters.

[/quote]

Sorry Purple, I was in a hurry earlier and didn''t have time to check. UK and Belgium play on Boxing Day. And thank you for finding the games in Tunisia and Libya. If there''s a bwin market then they''re fine to be picked. But obviously they must be played on Boxing Day because I can''t get the bet to Billy before then. I notice last weekend Belgium only lost 3 games to the weather so they fared better than UK. I reckon the best chance of games being played in England will be in the top two divisions. I''d be more wary of the lower leagues remembering what happened when we went to Walsall last Christmas!

I feel a little guilty for giving this week to Graham but I honestly believe he is up to the challenge. If anyone can find us six winners in games that are played Graham can. Now Graham, I don''t mind when you post your selections. I just need them to be online on Boxing Day morning so I can get them to Billy.

Good evening Nutmeister,good luck to you Graham and may i wish all you PUPs out there a very Merry Christmas.

A home win for EVERTON v Birmingham on what i feel will be a very iffy Boxing Day as far as picks are concerned.

Thanks for the nice intro as ever Nutty.  It does indeed look like turning into a bit of a nightmare week - not content with most leagues being on their winter breaks the weather is doing a good job of giving us our own break too.  So I will be keeping my eye on the latest news regarding postponements as I''m sure several games will bite the dust before the weekend.Thanks to everybody who''s picked so far and to everybody who will pick in the coming days - your help is very much needed more than ever given the circumstances.  It''ll be tough to pull another victory off and I have some tough acts to follow but I believe the last three years I''ve managed to get five out of six so we''ll all be doing our best to nail it this time round.I''ll be back late on Christmas Eve with my selections and my own pick - hopefully by then we''ll have a clearer picture as to what games will be going ahead on Sunday.  Thanks all!

Reading got a good win at Derby last weekend. They are also unbeaten in their last six although they do draw a lot. They are at home to Bristol City on Boxing Day. Brizzle are no great shakes so Reading will be hoping to extend that unbeaten run with another victory.

Reading    v    Bristol City     Home Win

Looking at the weather forecasts it seems that the North seems to have the better of the weather, so I am going for a York home win vs Gateshead in the Blue Square Premier, hopefully that will beat the weather. 

If it doesn''t, my backup is Anderlecht beating Lierse at home in the Belgium league.

Good luck Graham it will be needed this week, and Merry Christmas to all Pups.

Anderlect HOME WIN for me please

Good Luck GH and all ypu Lovely PUPS and can I wish you all a really great Xmas and a Happy, Healthy and Puptastic NEW Year!! xx

I really don''t envy Graham having top pick this week, but I''m sure he''ll do the business. Anderlecht (6-3-0 at home) look far too strong for Lierse (1-2-7 away), so  they are my pick for this week.

Have a great Christmas everyone and good luck!