Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Lambert To Burnley

I am in Burnley at the moment, nasty place though the surrounding countyside is beautiful. From talking to a few people it seems that whoever gets the job will have very little if anything to spend. The Board believe that the current squad is sufficient for promotion and they are all about prudence here (sounds familiar!) most people believe that if they go up again they will still then have some money to spend but not before. So I don''t really see why PL would fancy this tbo....

Lambert to Burnley, no chance isn''t going to happen ! When we was in league one and they were premiership, didn''t happen, and now we are higher than them. If they were loaded i might believe it, but they probably wont spend any more than us. Wait for a big team to come to calling, which is inevitable but another championship team, isn''t going to happen.

[quote user="Captain Holt''s Derby Day Hat-Trick"]He''s 11/4 2nd favourite........[/quote/]The fact that he''s favourite means nothing, every time we''ve been in the market for a manager it''s been someone way down in the betting who got the job. Seem to remember Paul Jewell was a short price and there was never a chance he''d get the job. It would be a step backwards if Lambert went to Burnley and it ain''t gonna happen.

Yes he might be second favourite, and as people say money talks but Burnley as someone said already won''t give him any to get players in as they think the players they have already are good enought to go for promotion, Not tempting fate but we are almost there and with that nice little prize of £60 mil will come in handy, After debts cleared off leaves a nice tidy sum to play around with. If Lambert leaves us it will be around the middle of next season to a premier club, when we are mid table leaving us safe to stay up (I HOPE) 

[quote user="pete_norw"]Yes he might be second favourite, and as people say money talks but Burnley as someone said already won''t give him any to get players in as they think the players they have already are good enought to go for promotion, Not tempting fate but we are almost there and with that nice little prize of £60 mil will come in handy, After debts cleared off leaves a nice tidy sum to play around with. If Lambert leaves us it will be around the middle of next season to a premier club, when we are mid table leaving us safe to stay up (I HOPE) [/quote]

ps Who knows what will happen,He could get us into europe and be here for 21 years anything is possible, He could be the next Alex, I''m not saying it will happen but he might just be happy to keep with us if we are winning things.

My father in law''s a Burnley fan, delighted that Laws has been sacked.Word from the local fans is that the likely lads are:Phil BrownChris HughtonThe Bournemouth manager, Eddie Howe?And a scottish manager, Derek McKinnon?Anyway, apparently Lambert''s not even on the radar.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]My father in law''s a Burnley fan, delighted that Laws has been sacked.Word from the local fans is that the likely lads are:Phil BrownChris HughtonThe Bournemouth manager, Eddie Howe?And a scottish manager, Derek McKinnon?Anyway, apparently Lambert''s not even on the radar.

[/quote]Derek McInness from St Johnstone.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"]My father in law''s a Burnley fan, delighted that Laws has been sacked.

Word from the local fans is that the likely lads are:

Phil Brown
Chris Hughton
The Bournemouth manager, Eddie Howe?
And a scottish manager, Derek McKinnon?

Anyway, apparently Lambert''s not even on the radar.

[/quote]

Derek McInness from St Johnstone.

[/quote]

Seems Chris Hughton is top of the fans poll on Sky.com site Lambert not even mentiond, Ian Dowie wants either job, He agrees with Burnley board don''t need to buy players, so think he might just pip Hughton to the post 

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Captain Holt''s Derby Day Hat-Trick"]He''s 11/4 2nd favourite........[/quote/]
The fact that he''s favourite means nothing, every time we''ve been in the market for a manager it''s been someone way down in the betting who got the job. Seem to remember Paul Jewell was a short price and there was never a chance he''d get the job. It would be a step backwards if Lambert went to Burnley and it ain''t gonna happen.
[/quote]

I very strongly suggest that you spend every penny you have in laying that price. It is a licence to print money and duly retire.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I am in Burnley at the moment, nasty place though the surrounding countyside is beautiful. From talking to a few people it seems that whoever gets the job will have very little if anything to spend. The Board believe that the current squad is sufficient for promotion and they are all about prudence here (sounds familiar!) most people believe that if they go up again they will still then have some money to spend but not before. So I don''t really see why PL would fancy this tbo....[/quote]Are there any sun shops or stores that sell pink fluffy jumpers in T''Burnley ?http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article356457.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/brown.jpg

[quote user="Urban heat island"][quote user="Salahuddin"]I am in Burnley at the moment, nasty place though the surrounding countyside is beautiful. From talking to a few people it seems that whoever gets the job will have very little if anything to spend. The Board believe that the current squad is sufficient for promotion and they are all about prudence here (sounds familiar!) most people believe that if they go up again they will still then have some money to spend but not before. So I don''t really see why PL would fancy this tbo....[/quote]
Are there any sun shops or stores that sell pink fluffy jumpers in T''Burnley ?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article356457.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/brown.jpg

[/quote]

No but plenty of Whipetts and welleys though