Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Lambert To Burnley

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]No, so don''t bother with all the odds and rumours, thanks [:)][/quote]

Just saw Law''s being asked to vacate his office, now watch the crazy little people link PL to Burnley, a job that would better suit Big Sam,

My mate is a Burnley fan and he claims that Lambo went for the Burnley job when Coyle left but had just joined Norwich.Due to him not wanting to Judas jump ship twice in under six month''s he declined the job !I simply sniggered and said " Is that so !!" cos my mate is one of these blokes who is always right... so right in fact that he would sit and argue that snow is black all day and piss you off so much its easier to nod and agree.Long story short.Lambo not going to a tin pot team.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]My mate is a Burnley fan and he claims that Lambo went for the Burnley job when Coyle left but had just joined Norwich.Due to him not wanting to Judas jump ship twice in under six month''s he declined the job !I simply sniggered and said " Is that so !!" cos my mate is one of these blokes who is always right... so right in fact that he would sit and argue that snow is black all day and piss you off so much its easier to nod and agree.Long story short.Lambo not going to a tin pot team.[/quote]Without wanting to sound like your mate, Burnley are not a tin pot team.  They have a history and tradition that puts many other clubs to shame, and still get decent crowds despite being in the midst of Man U/City/Bolton/Blackburn/other clubs - something we are lucky to not suffer with.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Without wanting to sound like your mate, Burnley are not a tin pot team.  They have a history and tradition that puts many other clubs to shame, and still get decent crowds despite being in the midst of Man U/City/Bolton/Blackburn/other clubs - something we are lucky to not suffer with.

[/quote]I stand corrected...still dont have a lot of time for them or see them as anything to rave about !

I wouldn''t worry about what the flat cap wearing, whippet walking, pigeon fanciers think, they''re all a bit thick from around that area.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]My mate is a Burnley fan and he claims that Lambo went for the Burnley job when Coyle left but had just joined Norwich.
Due to him not wanting to Judas jump ship twice in under six month''s he declined the job !

[/quote]

I''m in Burnley and have been for 15 years. I haven''t heard any of the rumours about Lambert last time or this time. He ruled himself out when they were Premiership. Why would he go when they are Championship?

Laws got the job because he was the only candidate to agree to a ''restrictive transfer budget''. Several weeks ago the Burnley Board promised fans at an open forum that they wanted to give Laws a little longer and would ''review his situation at the end of the year''. Looks like he saved them the chance as from what I''m reading up here, he resigned.

Names being mentioned up here are Hughton, Fergusson, Alladyce and that orange, singing guy from Hull who''s name escapes me.

I can''t think of a any reason other than them offering him a massive pay rise why Lambert would want to go there, crap ground in a crap town and a far smaller fanbase than us. I would be absolutely amazed if Lambert left us for them, Villa, West Ham or Blackburn could be more of a worry though.

[quote user="kilroyslefteyebrow"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]My mate is a Burnley fan and he claims that Lambo went for the Burnley job when Coyle left but had just joined Norwich.Due to him not wanting to Judas jump ship twice in under six month''s he declined the job ![/quote]

I''m in Burnley and have been for 15 years. I haven''t heard any of the rumours about Lambert last time or this time. He ruled himself out when they were Premiership. Why would he go when they are Championship?

Laws got the job because he was the only candidate to agree to a ''restrictive transfer budget''. Several weeks ago the Burnley Board promised fans at an open forum that they wanted to give Laws a little longer and would ''review his situation at the end of the year''. Looks like he saved them the chance as from what I''m reading up here, he resigned.

Names being mentioned up here are Hughton, Fergusson, Alladyce and that orange, singing guy from Hull who''s name escapes me.

[/quote]Emu?

I love money

However if i was in Lambert shoes I certainly would not jump ship at this stage.

For that to happen its either Premier league on CV with City. Or premier league jump straight to a (prob lower) Prem side like a blackburn, fulham, west ham.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]I love money

However if i was in Lambert shoes I certainly would not jump ship at this stage.

For that to happen its either Premier league on CV with City. Or premier league jump straight to a (prob lower) Prem side like a blackburn, fulham, west ham.[/quote]Or dare I say it Aston Villa.......

A lot may just depend on how much Lambert is giving in the Jan transfer window. i.e Board backing to have a real go at promotion, as to take a team from League 1 to premiership in 2 yrs would be a fantastic acheivement on his CV then a decent premiership side may come knocking, but hardly any backing and we strart to struggle I wouldn''t them blame him to move on.

It concerns me how his price has dropped - similar to how it did last time they wanted a manager.

Hope there''s nothing in it - also he has big momentum where he is now.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2119019378

Burnley fans seems to like the idea - but seriously no chance why would he leave us for them.

[quote user="NCFC1"]http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2119019378

Burnley fans seems to like the idea - but seriously no chance why would he leave us for them.[/quote]Well we all know Lamberts got no loyalty and principles whatsoever, otherwise we wouldn''t have him. So if a  club like Burnley who have a big squad and another season of Parachute money to offer a real chance of promotion come in with a different offer, I can see him being tempted.

Very true mister chops. I recently read somewhere that Burnley has the highest rate of attendances in comparison to the size of the town than any other pro Club. They were getting 20 odd thousand in a town with a population of 80 thousand!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Very true mister chops. I recently read somewhere that Burnley has the highest rate of attendances in comparison to the size of the town than any other pro Club. They were getting 20 odd thousand in a town with a population of 80 thousand![/quote]

Yes and of coarse Lambert hasn''t signed anyone yet has he Barnett Wilbraham, if he was about to jump ship as some suggest would he be packing his cases now or wasting time signing players, and as well as that he has more chance of going up with us in May or will he prefer a relligation battle with Burnley. Money talks so you say, but what Bonus is he on if we get promoted ? I rest my case he''s going nowhere

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Very true mister chops. I recently read somewhere that Burnley has the highest rate of attendances in comparison to the size of the town than any other pro Club. They were getting 20 odd thousand in a town with a population of 80 thousand![/quote]

Yes and of coarse Lambert hasn''t signed anyone yet has he Barnett Wilbraham, if he was about to jump ship as some suggest would he be packing his cases now or wasting time signing players, and as well as that he has more chance of going up with us in May or will he prefer a relligation battle with Burnley. Money talks so you say, but what Bonus is he on if we get promoted ? I rest my case he''s going nowhere

[/quote]

Sorry Pete i wasn''t suggesting he''s about to jump ship although i can see it looked like that, i was merely pointing out that Burnley are a pretty successful club with great support,even more so considering the surrounding clubs. I dont for one minute think PL is going anywhere soon.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Sorry Pete i wasn''t suggesting he''s about to jump ship although i can see it looked like that, i was merely pointing out that Burnley are a pretty successful club with great support,even more so considering the surrounding clubs. I dont for one minute think PL is going anywhere soon.

[/quote]

Hardly "great support" though is it. They get about 15,000. They are a decent little club who should be up there challenging for the playoffs but other than in terms of distant history are a smaller club than us with less potential. Only possible reasons for him to move there would be stupid money offered to him plus a bit nearer to home. Stranger things have happened but it would be a very strange move and one I really cant see happening.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But it is great support. The had a quarter of the town turning up for games and still get nearly as many now. They are surrounded by massive clubs as well. Granted, their recent history is''nt great but for a small mill town they have a very loyal fan base. Norwich fans are the best IMO but we do sometimes over look the fact that catchment area is closer to the million mark as opposed to the 200k population of Norwich.

Hardly "great support" though is it. They get about 15,000. They are a decent little club who should be up there challenging for the playoffs but other than in terms of distant history are a smaller club than us with less potential. Only possible reasons for him to move there would be stupid money offered to him plus a bit nearer to home. Stranger things have happened but it would be a very strange move and one I really cant see happening.

[/quote]

couple of points;

1. Lambert will not leave Norwich this season.

2. "Lambert is not Loyal" Where does all this nonsence come from? He left colchester to join a club far far bigger. It was an oopotunity he could not turn down. It was a huge rise for him, he wouldnt have been loyal to stay, he would have been dam right insane!

I feel the gap between us and colchester is similar size between us and an established prem side like West ham & Villa. So unless a club of this size comes knocking i cannot see him leaving. And if a club like Villa came knocking nobody could claim he is un loyal as again it would be an oppotunity any sane manager wishing to improve could not refuse.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]couple of points; 1. Lambert will not leave Norwich this season. 2. "Lambert is not Loyal" Where does all this nonsence come from? He left colchester to join a club far far bigger. It was an oopotunity he could not turn down. It was a huge rise for him, he wouldnt have been loyal to stay, he would have been dam right insane! I feel the gap between us and colchester is similar size between us and an established prem side like West ham & Villa. So unless a club of this size comes knocking i cannot see him leaving. And if a club like Villa came knocking nobody could claim he is un loyal as again it would be an oppotunity any sane manager wishing to improve could not refuse.[/quote]

I kind of agree but i still believe PL is the kind of bloke that will only move on to the next level if he personally feels he can make the grade. I''m not convinced he believes that after a year and a some at Norwich. Can''t see him going anywhere yet unless he believes he can cut it as a top Prem manager. Paul Ince and many more have proved that the step up is massive. The step up from Wycombe to Col Who is small, the step up from Col Who to Norwich is big, i think he believed,at the time, it was one he could make. To soon for him to go anywhere before this season is over.