Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Paul Lambert says.....

Just been quoted as saying he is going nowhere and nor are any of our top players by which i assume he means Holt,Hoolahan and the rumour surrounding Russell Martin.

What he has said is just fine with me and i believe it.[H]

These words from PL should temper fans expectations:

“People have got to get the perception out of their head that we are going to go and buy big,” he said. “We can’t do it, that’s the bottom line. People have to get that - we cannot do what other teams do".

If we''re not trading any of our top stars in January, the next 2 expected signings will presumably be similiar stature to Wilbrahams?

Shame - especially as Eidur Gudjohnsen has just been made available by Stoke!...

He does also say that if the board sell anyone without his permission there will be a major problem - I assume he means he would walk - so please listen carefully Delia and take note. 

Apparently he fell about laughing when it was mentioned that Russell Martin had been linked to Blackburn ( because he is a major part of his plans not because he thinks he is crap )

That raised my eyebrow.

I dont like veiled threats ''major problem''.

No need for that kind of talk which makes me feel that behind the scenes a bid has been made and he has been confrontational.

Dont discount the O''neil scenario where the frustration to sign or retain a player calls the managers bluff.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]That raised my eyebrow.

I dont like veiled threats ''major problem''.

No need for that kind of talk which makes me feel that behind the scenes a bid has been made and he has been confrontational.

Dont discount the O''neil scenario where the frustration to sign or retain a player calls the managers bluff.

[/quote]Lambert actually said........“If the club want to sell then it is whether I accept it or not and if

they want to sell and I don’t agree then it becomes a major issue,”

In his recent webchat McNally said........"The Club is under absolutely no pressure to sell any players

this January. If we did decide to sell a player, Paul Lambert would be

the key decision-maker and 100 per cent of any monies from any sale

would be used to reinvest in the squad."

Basically, he is reiterating what his boss has said and if the rest of the board went back on their word he would have every right to walk. I think it would also see the back of McNally too. It aint gonna happen!