Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

My Norwich v Sheffield Utd match report on www.dh6.co.uk

Hi everyone hope you all had a good Christmas, my match report is now on www.dh6.co.uk tell me what you think, have i been a bit harsh?

http://www.dh6.co.uk/s14a1n87p1/Norwich-City-v-Sheffield-United.html

thanks

Hucks

Ah finally some light on the tactical formation in the first half !Great write up Hucks, agreed with all your good / bad points.What you think of our penos ? Stone wall or a bit lucky ?

Mmmm, the man Hucks talking about a dubious penalty with the ref buying a dive from the striker. Out of the mouth of the master?

[quote user="shefcanary"]Mmmm, the man Hucks talking about a dubious penalty with the ref buying a dive from the striker. Out of the mouth of the master? [/quote]I would argue that Hucks did not tend to dive in his time with us, but would go down under a challenge if he felt contact. A lot of penalties don''t get given simply because a player doesn''t go to ground.Anyway, I would say that''s a pretty accurate match report. Can''t argue with much of that.

Nothing harsh in that report Hucks - you''ve called it very well.

Perhaps if Sheffield stopped handballing and headbutting they might get a little more understanding from us lot...

1st pen was harsh against them, we did enough to win the game, although the scoreline probably  flattered us a bit!

i do know a thing or two about getting penalties, you need to try and make the defender make a rash challenge, as long as he does foul you then go down, i never dived but did go down easy if fouled, i should have had 10 times more penalties than i got

ahh but how many times have you been genuinly tackled and defender has won the ball and yet you''ve been awarded a penalty?? (and no I am not making out you''ve dived either) ... football is all about perceptions of officials and what they''ve think they''ve seen!!

If you get knocked in the box it''s your job to go down and get the penalty, every other team will do the same so there''s no point in being charitable.

wasn''t it in the paper the other day that howard webb the world cup final ref told blackpool they weren''t getting decisions they deserved cos they didn''t go down when touched like other teams do ?  He was more or less telling them if you stay on your feet more fool you . [:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"]If you get knocked in the box it''s your job to go down and get the penalty, every other team will do the same so there''s no point in being charitable.
[/quote]

If thats what you or anyone else thinks, then thats very sad [:$] Guess thats why its not called the beautiful game anymore!!

City Angel...A question if you was a defender and had Hucks running at you how would you stop him going down in your box?....

Nice write up Hucks, looks like Drury will come in for Lapps tomorrow...do you see a way back into the starting eleven for Lappin now? He has been a stalwart in the side this season But I wouldn''t say he is first name on the team sheet in any position.

Yes he is, and he is very vocal on the pitch too which we would miss without him...however I am not sure how many more games Lambert will play with a 3 man midfield. All being said, Lambert has stated he will pick players who he thinks will win the games and have given it their all, and I would include Lapps fully in that statement.

[quote user="Bongo Boy"]City Angel...A question if you was a defender and had Hucks running at you how would you stop him going down in your box?....[/quote]

Hucks has answered the question for me [:)]

Not sure what the question had to do with strikers falling down easily though ??