Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

The loan market

Tomorrow sees Preston at home to one of our promotion / play off rivals Derby in what to them will be a new era. However I am horrified that Derby have been given an unfair advantage highlighting problems with the loan system. Although the sacking of Ferguson is not the official reason being given firstly Manure recalled late yesterday their 3 loan players ( obvious connection there ) and then Stoke the day before the game have recalled both their loan players after extending their loans only a few days ago. These are 5 players that were forming part of the PNE first team the 2 Stoke players being Danny Pugh and Michael Tongue. For this to happen 24 hours before a game and remembering that there are then games on Monday I think is horrifying and Alex Ferguson should act like a grown up and realise his son was sacked for not doing his job, and his actions now mainly effect the PNE supporters. If you think he is that good Alex then maybe offer him the assistant managers job at Manure.                 

Clearly more to it than just Fergies son being sacked, but i dont blame Man u or Stoke.  Its Prestons own problem for not having their own players and relying too much on other clubs. Cast your mind back 2 years ago, how much sympathy did we get when we struggled and had 8 players in on loan, not much, so do PNE get my sympathy, no.  Its unlucky for us because its not us playing them tomorrow, but i''m 100% sure if it was us playing them tomorrow the nature of your post would be very different.

Happy new year...

I don''t see a problem with Fergie recalling his players.

He loaned them to PNE knowing Darren was manager and would have PNE set up in a certain way and that his youngsters would benefit. Why should he keep them out on loan when the circumstances have changed and may not be beneficial for the loanees.

My point was probably not put well, I dont feel sorry for Preston and I dont disagree that the players could not be recalled it is the loan system itself. Under the circumstances that PNE find themselves in Derby have a major advantage as they are playing PNE reserves in a championship game that could effect placings at the end of the season. It is time in my opinion to limit loan signings to 3 per club.