Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

QPHa have returned 1,000 tickets

Thats a shocking effort for a club that are top, look good bets to go up, got rich owners who''ll bankroll them all the way to the Premiership playing at Norwich on New Years day which isn''t far from the big smoke, in front of 25000+ and considering we gave them a hard game at their place!

Big club my arse!

We took 3000 to QPR in October!

I''m surprised that Sheffield U haven''t returned tickets cause they aren''t renowned for bringing loads to Carrow Road and are struggling this season!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Away fans in the Jarrold Stand have to pay £31 for tickets, I certainly wouldn''t pay that for a fairly distant away game, in fact there is no way I could even afford that on top of other things.[/quote]QPR prices were similar for adults if I remember correctly. I and over 3000 other Norwich managed to sell out there away end easily.They are the definition of a modern "tinpot" club.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]On sale tomorrow. Pretty poor for a big new years day fixture with them top of the league![/quote]

Could it be anything to do with no trains running that day Jim, plus maybe people are short of money after Xmas and £33 isn''t cheap.

They took 2400( according to their website) so there will still be 1400 of them

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]On sale tomorrow. Pretty poor for a big new years day fixture with them top of the league![/quote]

Could it be anything to do with no trains running that day Jim, plus maybe people are short of money after Xmas and £33 isn''t cheap.

[/quote]The trains do run in England and Wales, Angel, but not Scotland.For some reason the Jocks have always made a bigger thing of New Years Eve than the rest of the British Isles ?? In England we''ve only had 1st January as a Bank Holiday since the early 1970''s.( As I well remember when ''phoning in sick with a '' migraine '' back in the day it didn''t cut much ice with the boss for some strange reason..........)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

The trains do run in England and Wales, Angel, but not Scotland.

For some reason the Jocks have always made a bigger thing of New Years Eve than the rest of the British Isles ?? In England we''ve only had 1st January as a Bank Holiday since the early 1970''s.

( As I well remember when ''phoning in sick with a '' migraine '' back in the day it didn''t cut much ice with the boss for some strange reason..........)

[/quote]

Fair enough re trains, maybe they are just spent out after Xmas and tickets for them are £33 ( see their website) which isn''t cheap with your travel on top of that.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]The trains do run in England and Wales, Angel, but not Scotland.For some reason the Jocks have always made a bigger thing of New Years Eve than the rest of the British Isles ?? In England we''ve only had 1st January as a Bank Holiday since the early 1970''s.( As I well remember when ''phoning in sick with a '' migraine '' back in the day it didn''t cut much ice with the boss for some strange reason..........)

[/quote]

Fair enough re trains, maybe they are just spent out after Xmas and tickets for them are £33 ( see their website) which isn''t cheap with your travel on top of that.

[/quote]You''d still have have thought that a fairly close away game against a top six rival would''ve persuaded the '' loadsamoney '' Londoners to crack open their wallets, wouldn''t you ? We''d have sold out our allocation easily.Just goes to show what a great bunch of supporters us Norwich lot really are.......

QPR''s owners have big plans which include a serious go at the top 4 in the Premiership and building a 36,000 capacity stadium!

Shame in reality QPR are not really a big club and without rich investors would only be a moderate Champonship club happy just to be in the 2nd tier!

In the current circumstances regarding QPR theirs no excuse for them sending back 1000 tickets for the game on New Years day against a one of the Divisions biggest and best supported clubs who are also in the top 6 that is one of their closest games.

Their is a Sunday service on the trains on New Years day so no excuse there!

And while I think the casual/away prices are too much at Norwich thats still not an excuse for QPR cause their ticket prices in home ends at Loftus Road are far more expensive than ours. In fact 2 seasons ago I was told by a QPR fan that their cheapest adult season ticket price was £500. God knows what it is now!

Like I said before QPR are without being bankrolled at best a sustainable 2nd Division club who are nowhere near as big as little ole Country bumpkins Norwich! 

I think it may have something to do with the massive hangover most people will have. I will struggle to make it in for a 3 kick off and live here, no way i would make an away day after NYE!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I''m surprised that Sheffield U haven''t returned tickets cause they aren''t renowned for bringing loads to Carrow Road and are struggling this season![/quote]Sheffield United didn''t take a full allocation in the first place.They will have fewer supporters at CR than QPR.

The train to Norwich on NYD is not straightforward as there are engineering works on the Liverpool Street - Norwich line. The alternative routes are not always favourable. This may well be a factor for QPR fans and I know a number of City fans from London are not coming for this very reason.

I don''t really swallow the point re: trains - Boxing Day matches always traditionally had the biggest crowds but with next to no public transport (especially no mainline trains). There''s always alternatives if you want to get to a game.

I think it is more the proximity to Christmas and the fact that QPR just aren''t really that well supported, though I guess they''d sell out their allocation if the situation was the same later in the season - much the same as most clubs.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"] I think it is more the proximity to Christmas .[/quote]

Dont think the £33 ticket price may have helped just after Xmas, add that onto travel and food and its an expensive day.

Also if they''re like me then they might not go to games on New Years Day. I used to but ever since I was so hungover I missed my taxi home to catch a lift to the Pompey game in the Prem I''ve never been to one since.

Davo

I guess the question is how many do they normally bring? ... Seem to recall a decent turnout from them in recent years.

However, all the money in world is never going to stop them being ''tin pot'' and all the floating supporters in west London have long since been lured by Abramovic''s billions!

[quote user="ucl-canary"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Away fans in the Jarrold Stand have to pay £31 for tickets, I certainly wouldn''t pay that for a fairly distant away game, in fact there is no way I could even afford that on top of other things.[/quote]

QPR prices were similar for adults if I remember correctly. I and over 3000 other Norwich managed to sell out there away end easily.
They are the definition of a modern "tinpot" club.
[/quote]

The price at QPR was a lot lower, as I paid Â£25 for the lower stand. I certainly don''t blame their fans for refusing to pay £31.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ucl-canary"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Away fans in the Jarrold Stand have to pay £31 for tickets, I certainly wouldn''t pay that for a fairly distant away game, in fact there is no way I could even afford that on top of other things.[/quote]

QPR prices were similar for adults if I remember correctly. I and over 3000 other Norwich managed to sell out there away end easily.
They are the definition of a modern "tinpot" club.
[/quote]

The price at QPR was a lot lower, as I paid Â£25 for the lower stand. I certainly don''t blame their fans for refusing to pay £31.

[/quote]

Its £33 (on their website)

I wouldn''t worry too much, the online ticket thingy only shows 2 tickets available in home areas. Just hope QPR can be bothered to bring the 1400 eh.

[quote user="Adam_2010"]No trains or buses, as it stands i can''t even make it from Yarmouth...[/quote]Trains leave Yarmouth hourly tomorrow at 17 minutes past the hour.

There are trains tomorrow, it is mainly the trip from London to Norwich that looks like being a bit crap....but certainly not as bad as all that: the normal c2 hour trip from Liverpool St will take c3 hours with a couple of changes.

[quote user="NCFC88"]I think it may have something to do with the massive hangover most people will have. I will struggle to make it in for a 3 kick off and live here, no way i would make an away day after NYE![/quote]

What he said - I went to QPR but there''s not a chance I''d have gone there tomorrow