Sign in to follow this  
CRAZY LEGS

aaron wilbraham

Paul Lambert said the 3 players he''s hoping to bring in will be huge, huge players if he can get them 6 foot 10 inches & 18 stone plus? (only joking)

It''s best to let Paul Lambert & his staff sign the players, not us or the newspapers.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]Paul Lambert said the 3 players he''s hoping to bring in will be huge, huge players if he can get them 6 foot 10 inches & 18 stone plus?[/quote]Yes! John Hartson on stilts.

I don''t think I would be that happy if this was to happen.  He is 31 and has spent his career in the lower leagues and for a similar price in which we could buy him for I''m sure we could buy someone a lot better.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Is he the chap who used to sing with the Smurfs? [/quote]

PS Norfolk, I thought this was very funny. I wonder if he he ties his beard up during matches to stop it flapping in his eyes? Maybe he wears it as a snood?  [*-)]

Passed a medical yesterday afternoon according to Sky Sports this morning.

We certainly need back-up for Holt as the team isn''t at all as effective without him. I was thinking of someone younger like Austin, Rhodes or Leigh Griffiths, but I trust Lambert and his team to judge what is best.

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]Does anyone know if he''s injured or not because he wasn''t in the squad for their game on Tuesday? There just might be something in this.[/quote]Serving a suspension after being sent off against Notts County.

I think he will offer a cut price cover for Holt, as he is a similar type of player.  Not too disappointed with it.

Where does this leave Ollie Johnson I wonder?  I think it''s a given that Cody will move to another club in the summer.

If true then its hardly an inspired signing.If this is the time to "go for it" we need something a lot lot better than a 3rd division 31 year old.might as well chuck 100k in the bin.

[quote user="ricardo"]If true then its hardly an inspired signing.

If this is the time to "go for it" we need something a lot lot better than a 3rd division 31 year old.

might as well chuck 100k in the bin.
[/quote]

Holt was a 3rd division centre forward last season and he''s doing Ok. We need cover for Holt as Martin and Jackson together don''t click so he fills a gap in the sqaud for me.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Darren Lamb"]Does anyone know if he''s injured or not because he wasn''t in the squad for their game on Tuesday? There just might be something in this.[/quote]

Serving a suspension after being sent off against Notts County.
[/quote]Bit worrying. He got sent off there, and got sent off against us for being a prat!

Still, I shall welcome any new signing and wish him all the best!

[quote user="ricardo"]If true then its hardly an inspired signing.If this is the time to "go for it" we need something a lot lot better than a 3rd division 31 year old.might as well chuck 100k in the bin.[/quote]I have to say that I completely agree with you.

Guys give him a chance for pete''s sake! He''s 6"3, and at 100k it''s hardly a big risk. If you''re annoyed about this, are you happy about 600k on Jackson, who so far hasn''t been that influential in my opinion. Wait and see how he does. I don''t really get it. People complain about having no cover for Holt, and then when we get it, you moan. [:(]

[quote user="SI"][quote user="ricardo"]If true then its hardly an inspired signing.

If this is the time to "go for it" we need something a lot lot better than a 3rd division 31 year old.

might as well chuck 100k in the bin.
[/quote]

I have to say that I completely agree with you.
[/quote]

---

It all depends how much money Lambert has been given to spend and what his three targets (that is in addition to Barnett) are. Say, to take a figure at random, he has been given £1.5m.

A cheap (£100,000) benchwarming back-up for Holt makes perfect sense if he wants to spend the majority of the money (£1.4m) on - say - a better winger than Macnamee and a potential starter in another position.

Some of you really need to get real, who the hell do you expect the club to bring in as cover for Holt for a very reasonable price? the club was never going to be able to afford to bring in the likes of Morrison, Austin or Rhodes.

This lad isn''t a 20 goal a season striker but has a lot about him, he''s a real handful just like Holty and can link up play, when Holty is missing the ball just comes back and we have no cutting edge up top but this lad will bring a lot of the attributes we miss when Holty is unavailable.

I recall him giving our back line a tough time at Carrow Road in March

Calm down, there is no need spending big money on a back-up is there? As hopefully 80% of the time Holt will be starting, so whats the point on wasting say 750k on a bench warmer. He is 6 ft 3, strong and decent pace which is the perfect mould for what we need, he has scored 50 goals in 175 games for MK Dons which isn''t exactly awful for a target man, about 10/15 goals a season but I am sure he has got a lot of assists in there too. I think this is a decent signing actually, 100k isn''t exactly bursting the bank and it means we''re left with more money for the more important positions (i.e an out and out winger and cover for right back).

Lambert has got a very good ratio of good signings compared to bad and for that reason, I have faith. Welcome to Norwich City, Aaron Wilbraham [Y]

...there''s the short term back up for Holt then.

I cant say I''m blown away with the signing but then I wasn''t overly excited about us signing Holt last summer and that ended up working extremely well.

Its obvious we haven''t got the dosh to splosh so lets have faith in lord Lambert as he doesnt get much wrong; plus, at least this will shhhhhsssiiie the "what happens when Holt is out"? brigade.

This can''t be good news for Messrs Johnson and MacDonald though?