Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Ultimately, what is our test team?

If we had all of our squad players fit, what team would you choose?

I would go with:

Ruddy

Martin Ward Barnett Smith

Crofts

Lansbury/Smith Surman

Wes

Holt Martin

Ruddy

R. Martin Barnett Nelson Drury

Crofts

Lansbury Surman

Hoolahan

Holt Martin

Now hopefully it''ll keep the same format when I post it......

O just think Ward is suspect. I''ve seen all of our last 5 goals that we''ve conceded whilst he''s been on the pitch and I''d say he should take a fair portion of the blame for at least 4 of them. Nelson got turned inside out against Sheff Utd. on tuesday, so ideally I''d like another Centre Half of Barnett''s standards.

Out of interest, zak123, how come you rate Smith above Drury?  We''ve barely seen anything of the Scot, whilst Drury was an ever-present up until his injury and looked like being in the form of his life.Other than that, I''d say your line-up is about right, although with Lansbury in front of Korey.

If by "ultimately" you mean "ideally", that is with no injuries, then Whitbread would probably be one of the CBs, and Nelson at his best and Ward and Barnett would fight for the other place.

Similarly in the midfield would be arguably our best player, Surman. Hooly would be there as well and probably Korey and Crofts, but Fox is acquiring a reputation.

The easiest decision must surely be the strikers, - Holt and Martin, plus the other Martin at RB. The hardest between Dury and Smith at LB.

The actual XI would also depend on the oponenents, and tactical matters such as pitch condition, Home/awy, etc.

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]I just think Ward is suspect. I''ve seen all of our last 5 goals that we''ve conceded whilst he''s been on the pitch and I''d say he should take a fair portion of the blame for at least 4 of them. Nelson got turned inside out against Sheff Utd. on tuesday, so ideally I''d like another Centre Half of Barnett''s standards.[/quote]Thank you, someone agrees with me!