Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Team for tomorrow?

What''s your Team VS QPR?                    RuddyR.Martin, Askou, Nelson, Drury     K.Smith   Crofts   Fox Jackson Wilbriham  C.MartinThis is presuming said rumours are true and that Holt is out (which is why Wil was brought in on loan perhaps?)Just 2 straight swaps:Drury for LapsWilbriham for Holt

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]What''s your Team VS QPR?                    RuddyR.Martin, Askou, Nelson, Drury     K.Smith   Crofts   Fox Jackson Wilbriham  C.MartinThis is presuming said rumours are true and that Holt is out (which is why Wil was brought in on loan perhaps?)Just 2 straight swaps:Drury for LapsWilbriham for Holt

[/quote]A rather weakened team so all I can see is a 1-3 loss unfortunately :/

Lets forget rumours for the moment as someone else has said he was training today.

Ruddy,

R.Martin, Nelson, Askou, Drury

K.Smith, Crofts, Fox, MacNamee

Holt, Wilbraham

Back to the diamond for me:

Ruddy

Martin whitbread nelson drury

Crofts

Smith fox

Hoolahan

Holt Martin

I think this is our best formation without surman and Lansbury. We need Wes''s creativity and he doesn''t naturally suit a 442, plus crofts at the base of the diamond will give our slightly untested defence the extra protection it will need with tarabaat (sp?).

This game might be a bridge to far for us, but as always with a lambert team they will give it everything and you never know.....

Absolutely no way we can go back to the diamond without a left sided midfielder to balance it.

It''s been proven not when Lappin was missing last season and now when both he and Surman aren''t available.

Hoolahan was even used on the left hand side of the diamond at Derby rather than having a right sided player.

If we don''t play a diamond formation, we need a midfielder to sit deep, just in front of the back four to counter the force that is Taarabt.

The only reason that Wilbrahim has been brought in on loan is because there is a doubt about one forward being match-fit today.

That is almost certainly Holt, IMHO.

I still think you are all barking up the wrong tree with with this idea of Wilbraham being brought in to cover an injury to Holt. Wilbraham said in his interview that his agent spoke to him about the move on Monday, Holt certainly didn''t look injured to me when he rolled in Wes for his hat-trick the following day.

I could be badly wrong here but the teams that have beaten QPR recently have done so with width to counter the way that they play with TaaAAAAaarabt.

I like the way MacNamee helped cover Martin going forward against Shef Utd. I personaly would start him on the left and Korey on the right.

If it doesn''t work second half you can bring on Hoolahan again and change to a diamond. I just think that with the defence they have and with Taarabt floating around, playing with a diamond will give them too much space.

[quote user="chicken"]I could be badly wrong here but the teams that have beaten QPR recently have done so with width to counter the way that they play with TaaAAAAaarabt.

I like the way MacNamee helped cover Martin going forward against Shef Utd. I personaly would start him on the left and Korey on the right.

If it doesn''t work second half you can bring on Hoolahan again and change to a diamond. I just think that with the defence they have and with Taarabt floating around, playing with a diamond will give them too much space.[/quote]

How the hell can u suggest not picking a player who has just scored a hatrick? Hoolahan must and will start.

If only we knew the identity of the injured player tayed as doubtful. It could be anyone, but given the brief appearance of Macnamee he seems the most likely candidate.

If PL feels he can throw Whitbread in, then Askou will be on the bench. The strange sweeper shape of last match was considered a failure, so I expect 4-4-2.

Hooly can''t be left out, and Drury will have to play. If Holt is injured, the it will be Martin/Wilbraham, presumably.

The interesting question is who will play wide left in the midfield, and there are two candidates, - Hooly or Martin C. Both have played there.