Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Campaign to get Wes to sign...

Any takers?

Show Wes how much he means to us fans and campaign the club to get him signed up?

Is there any point in trying to get a fan movement?

Such a movement would conjure bad blood that can often perform as the catalyst for demise at a club.McNally and Lambert assured us no player would be leaving for a free. If we don''t take their word, the mutual trust and respect that resonates throughout the club will enter it''s demise, and so will the work ethic, and ultimately, so will the success.If this thing ever happens to gather pace amongst fans, i will not be able to put into words how p1$$ed off i''ll be.

If you do this i am afraid the one person that you could expect to be hacked off will be Paul Lambert. You will be in a catch 22, should he want Wes out and this campaign started he would probably see it as action against him, should he not want him out he will see it as fans indicating he does not know what he is doing and is not capable of getting him to sign. I am sure if Lambert needs our help he will ask for it.

[quote user="zak123"]Any takers?

Show Wes how much he means to us fans and campaign the club to get him signed up?

Is there any point in trying to get a fan movement?

[/quote]Stupid boy........

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Showing Wes more support would be somthing i''d agree with, He doesnt always get the reconition he deserves.[/quote]I entirely agree with that Lincoln, but NOT like this. Not to the detriment of the club, while it totally undermines the influence and respect the likes of McNally and Lambert deserve.

The reason why i dont agree with things like this is because we dont know what discussions have already taken place.  We may have already offered a new deal but perhaps not quite the money Wes is looking for or the length of contract.  Best just to let the club sort it out in their own time.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Cant believe the amount of negativity to the OP. Fan power still needs to exist and if we as fans want our feelings to be heard then as the life and soul of the club we have the right to do so.[/quote]Fan power does of course need to exist, but we need to exhibit the ability to not only carry it out effectively, but treat the circumstances with the respect they deserve before making our feeling known publicly. Until we show ourselves to be responsible with such power, it undermines our right to do so.As fans of the club, what we do will have repercussions on it, and what we do won''t just effect Hoolahan. It will inevitably effect more than just one individual, and being responsible means knowing as well as one can what the consequences of ones actions will be.In my opinion, showing support in this manner would be madness, and the OP provides a fair example of how to be irresponsible with fan power.

The only way Wes will go is if he doesn''t want to stay and prefers another club. PL and McNasty have both said  they''ll not sell any stars and we all know that''s what Wes is.

As has been said, which of our players would get any interest from clubs in a better position than ours ???

None i feel.

The fact is if you believe in Lambo then you must let him manage.

It''s like the moaning about Wes being left out of the starting line up. Lambo knows what he''s doing. he strongly believes it''s a squad game.

Our opinions are entertaining on message boards but we have no idea what goes on within the club and as someone once said......In Lambert we trust.... and so it will be!

Someone else getting sucked in by all the rumours mongers and fans who think they are in the know!

The truth is the only people in the know are Lambert, Culverhouse, Kabba and the chief scout. NOONE else!

The mathematics of being in the Premiership are you get £40 M for coming last so selling one of your best players now when we have a real chance of  going up if we maintain our current form could in the long term cost us money!

Its like all the rumours going about the last couple of days that Holt was going to be out, people texting others about it and lo and behold Holts playing and its Fox whos injured!

Messrs Chris Lakey and David Cuffley from the EDP and Evening News said on here the other day that Lambert gives nothing away to them so why would they tell someone on the street who we''re going to sign!

In summary - nearly all of the rumours you hear are bulls hit!