Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

players out

Hopefully Drury will return at left back for the suspended Lappin. Back to the diamond formation with Crofts as the base so he can do a job on Taarabt just like at QPR. Korey and Fox either side with Wes coming back to start. Up front, Super Chris and WFLGH.

And Nelson + 1 at centre back. Will Askou or Zak Whitbread (calf) get the nod?

And yes it will be a tough game for City, unlike Selwyn I''m staying postive.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Hopefully Drury will return at left back for the suspended Lappin. Back to the diamond formation with Crofts as the base so he can do a job on Taarabt just like at QPR. Korey and Fox either side with Wes coming back to start. Up front, Super Chris and WFLGH.

And Nelson + 1 at centre back. Will Askou or Zak Whitbread (calf) get the nod?

And yes it will be a tough game for City, unlike Selwyn I''m staying postive.

[/quote]

Agree with all that Tim apart from I''d have Fox at the base. I''ve been so impressed with him since he got into the starting eleven and I think he plays the passing game incredibly well.

Ruddy

R. Martin    Nelson       Whitbread       Drury

Fox

Smith                                      Crofts

Hoolahan

Holt                 Martin

Well the problem is AJ, he doesn''t have any faith in his own team''s manager (farmer Keane) so has to come and try to worry us, but doesn''t realise everyone thinks he''s a tw*t (while only half the forum think i am :P)

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

Agree with all that Tim apart from I''d have Fox at the base. I''ve been so impressed with him since he got into the starting eleven and I think he plays the passing game incredibly well.

Ruddy

R. Martin    Nelson       Whitbread       Drury

Fox

Smith                                      Crofts

Hoolahan

Holt                 Martin

[/quote]

I think thats possibly our best starting XI given the injuries.Askou, Fox, Lappin really had screamers yesterday. Askou clearly did not have confidenece and as Hucks said, didnt know what to do when he had the ball in an offensive position / needed to move it forwards.Only change I would consider would be Lappin for Fox.  Think hes got more experience playing for us and is more versitile, he can play at the base or switch with Crofts.Risk having both Drury and Whitbread on in that you might well have to sub 2 defenders so I do not see them both getting the nod.Drury > Whitbread imho.So possibly Askou will get the nod based on fitness, game under the belt and a weeks worth of training !

Now.... If  Cardboard Council House had not wanted Boxing day off we would not give a monkeys arse as we would have a Barnett / Nelly partnership.Also I tip Nelly to take Ward''s first team place, although I rate Ward highly I must appologise for all the crap I said about Nelly, hes been a rock in the last 2. Really gave me confidence yesterday as well :)

@callsignviper - I''d go with Crofts as the defensive part of the diamond as I think we''ve lost a bit defensively since he moved upfield and we might need the cover against QPR. He did a good job in the away fixture when Taarabt was ineffective and subbed off.

Fox is a decent player there though and so I wouldn''t complain at either of the formations

Ruddy

R. Martin Nelson Whitbread Drury

Fox

Smith Crofts

Hoolahan

Holt Martin

i agree, if we play this line-up we have a chance. The playersat the tip of the diamond are key; but hoolahan has started to also work defensively which could give us the edge.

The diamond doesn''t work unless there is balance on the left side of it, without Lappin/Surman we don''t have it.

I know Wes is at his best in the hole and not on the left but a flat 4-4-2 is the way to go for me but with him allowed to roam a bit.

Smith, Crofts, Fox, Hoolahan.

I''m fairly sure Lambo will already be working on some formation ready for Saturday.  Whatever team he puts out and whatever formation, i''m sure we will give them a good game, though it is one of those games, where you''d take a point now.

I get a sneaky feeling there are some Lambert injury mind games on operation here. Never known him to be so open on that actual state of our injuries. Have a feeling the ''long time out'' may just be to year end. I would expect one of the missing 2 to be back v QPR

Please lets not start thinking that we''re playing Barcelona here. QPR are possibly the poorest side thats been top of this division at this stage of the season for many a year. Yes ,Taarabt is a good player at this level but he rest of them are journeymen,championship cloggers who have never been world beaters and certainly aren''t now.

With our full side out ,I would have fancied us to beat them, but without one or two first teamers, I still think we have the core of th side capable of winning ( pre-match selection/formation surprises aside !)

I totally agree, the likes of Smith, Taarabt are quality players in this league, but the likes of Derry, Hill, Gorkss aren''t anything to fear. Just hope the likes of Drury are back and hope Zak can get fit and show us why Millwall fans seem to speak so highly of him.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]with barnett,lansbury,ward all out we cannot possibly beat qpr..........4 nil them
[/quote]

Oh dear

Strangely enough our little binboy has disappeared, rather like King Binno whose predictions of our demise seem to have also been a bit wide of the mark.

As were his claims that the hapless Clegg would be giving the ''mad dog walker'' a large sum of money in January (a compensation payoff maybe ?)

The impoverished binners are now 14 points behind us and we have closed to 5 points behind QPR.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]with barnett,lansbury,ward all out we cannot possibly beat qpr..........4 nil them
[/quote]

Wonder what his next thread will be ? [:D]

Sometime in March he''ll be squeaking about us getting relegated by Xmas if we go up

then, the ''mighty'' tahn will bounce straight back up from Div 1