Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Player Ratings......

ricardo, 3 great saves from martin by Kenny, they were more like freakin pass backs than shots all this guff about him being the best finisher is rubbish!! if hes that good why has he only got FOUR goals all season?

baldyboy, Why are you the only person who says it was a passback?

Everyone else that has commented on his shots all got it wrong?

You quite simply dislike Martin, and will never accept anything he does being any good...

[quote user="baldyboy"]what is this lovefest with Lazyboy Martin? He was awful today and his finishing was Sunday League at best, all the crap people gave Jackson the other day should now be given to Martin!!!![/quote]you obv have little idea about football Martin was a top performer today and wilbrams was sunday league

I thought the whole team was excellent today - and those who are questioning C Martin weren''t at the game I was watching, for me he had one of his best games (other than his finishing)!

As to ratings most would get 9''s for me, throughout the side we seemed to have players at or near the top of their game, deservedly beating the supposed best side in the league - that with 4 definite first team starters missing (Barnett, Ward, Lansbury, Surman) and several others out.

this was the first game i have actually been able to go to this season (although seen the games which u can get online), since at uni up in leeds and dont have a season ticket anymore.have to say it was the one the best i have seen from carrow rd since i have been going, about 10 years. i was highly impressed with out attacking players, they all linked up extremely well and played some very nice football, when they went down to 10 men, we spent 15/20 mins just lining up shots.on the cb i been saying nelson should get another shout at first choice, alongside barnett. nelson and whitebread were awesome today, very solid both of them. espicially impressed with whitbreads performance since its his first game in along time, but Nelson was my MoM (followed closely by R. Martin and Wes), does what u want from a cb without any noisence. i read on here alot about his long balls/hoofs but they were all aimed at someone today, u can see the strikers calling for it when hes got the ball, to me that shows in triaing they practice his long passes out of defence and with holt and wilbraham up front a nice long pass from a cb can cause havoc.i also given Wes a bit stick in pass, the seaosn we went down i didnt think he tracked back enough and showed enough determination (i know others will disagree) but today he was first to charge down players, all over the pitch and great going forward as ever, he just plays in a way defenders dont expect and it causes serious problems- great game for him.Chrissy Martin as-well worked his socks off, great link up play and did well top the diamond, however defiently should have scored, espicially the one from 3 yards out in the 2nd half- i was having to sit in N&P and saw Keeny dived before martin shot and he still hit it that way, the shot at end wasn''t bad, nice save from kenny and he martin must have been knackered, was a solid run from him.Only disapointment today if being picky was Korey, poor passing and weak going forward, but very solid doing defensive job and that was his main  task with such an attacking midfield.On lambert, only just heard these rumours about Burnley, is it serious, cant imagine why it would be/why he would want to go, but seen how the burnley fans confident about it. thought his tactics were great today, good game to play 2 big strikers, useful for a counter and QPR always vunerable to that when they play so attacking too. However would like see another sub in last 10 mins, martin was dead and some fresh legs could been useful to break away with the ball in last 10 min- can understand why he didnt want make sub and upset team, just thought all our forwards looked exhausted and would have liked to grab a 2nd in the last mins on a counter.Last point QPR were poor and thats because we made them look average, if we can continue playing like that and how we have been most of the season i honestly think we can gain automatic promotion- havent wanted to talk about it before and was just hoping for mid table this season, but on this form and with such a great team harmony i think we have a great chance and really need to push on for the title- lets stop this relegation talk nonsense and admit how good we are, because this ist he ebst city side i have ever seen!

Baldyboy,There''s something wrong with you. I''m completly serious.My brother, an admant Jackson fan, who thinks C. Martin is a useless pile of Sh**t was willing to admit he played really freakin'' well he claimed his link up play was ''top notch'' and his run in the first half ''magnificent'' and Martin played, in summary, ''Really fu**ing well'' he claimed out of the clear chances that he saw he could only find Martin at fault for one.Lets face it, many posters are saying Martin played well but it''s far from a love fest they have already commented on where he went wrong, that''s why he got 7''s and 8''s not 9''s or 10''s.You dislike Martin on a level that goes beyond comprehensible logic and rationality and has nothing whatsoever to do with his achievements on the pitch, and that in my mind makes most of your comments irelevant.   

Martin failed to score, but Tevez did likewise and Holt also failed to score with his numerous chances particularly in the first half.

Does not mean they are not good players or had a a poor game.

If you are going to criticise players for a failing be consistent - on that basis did holt have a poor game too?