Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Player Ratings......

Mine:

Ruddy-9- Very solid today, no mistakes what so ever that i remember, good catching from crossing most of the time :D

R.Martin-9- Great goal, decent defensively as well.

Drury-7- A bit rusty, maybe not 100% yet.

Whitbread-10- (a bit exaggerated maybe) He has not played 90 mins in how long? Yet today was very solid, against a good QPR side.

Nelson-9- Same as Whitbread, defiantly need to keep his place.

K.Smith-7- Few mistakes first half that i noticed, but like normal ran his heart out.

Crofts-8- Best performance since his sending off :D

Hoolahan-8- Creative spark, showing why he needs to be in the team, also pretty solid when chasing back.

Martin-8- This is a funny one, he was very good linking up, tried to track back (was playing in the ''hoolahan'' position it seemed for a lot of the game), really should have scored two. Was quiet visibly tired by the end (like most of the others)...Defiantly not lazy in my opinion, and i think complements Hoolahan and Holt very well

Holt-9- Need i say more?

Willbraham-7- Not sure how much he has been playing for MK recently, looked a bit rusty, but i''m sure after a couple of games he will be really useful. One thing that did strike me about him, was that he didn''t seem to want to take control of the ball, he wanted to knock it on or back to a Norwich player...

Subs:

Gill- NA- Not on for long really, but didn''t do anything, has shown better performances in 10 min sub appearances before

Term performance-10-

Deserved a 3/4-0 win really....There where times when we let them come on to us a bit too much (even though they had 10 men, they played with 3 defenders, so still had same number of attackers), but quite funny really, that a poor performance gives us a 4-2 win, but two brilliant performances get us a 1-0 win and 0-2 loss...(at home)

Ruddy 7

R Martin 8

Drury 7

Whitbread 7

Nelson 7

Crofts 7

Smith 7

Hoolahan 8

C Martin 7

Wilbraham 6

Holt 7

Ruddy 8R Martin 8Drury 7Whitbread 9Nelson 7Crofts 8Smith 6Hoolahan 9C Martin 6Wilbraham 7Holt 8

[quote user="Gingerpele"]

Martin-8- This is a funny one, he was very good linking up, tried to track back (was playing in the ''hoolahan'' position it seemed for a lot of the game), really should have scored two. Was quiet visibly tired by the end (like most of the others)...Defiantly not lazy in my opinion, and i think complements Hoolahan and Holt very well

Holt)[/quote]Bang on mate.People just keep missing what Martin brings to the side and frankly I find it frustraiting !!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]

Holt)[/quote]Bang on mate.People just keep missing what Martin brings to the side and frankly I find it frustraiting !![/quote]Also some posters seem to forget he set up winner with a great run!I would say all the players deserve a 10 , bound not to score many against team with best defence andevery player from front to back worked hard to win game. Drury deserves praise because anyone who watches QPR will tell you lot of their play comes from right wing play.At last a clean sheet against the leaders. My only note of caution is we seem to play best when challenged Derby , Coventry away and QPR home then fall short against "weaker" teams Portsmouth and Sheffield United.Middlesborough away is the acid test for me , win there and even I will believe ( and I have like Lambert been counting down points needed for safety)

Giving Chris Martin any less than a 7 seems quite harsh to me as I thought he was one of our best preformers along with Holt and Wes. Speaking of Wes the way he played was just... incredible. Lots of runs, some great balls and he tracked back really, really well.

what is this lovefest with Lazyboy Martin? He was awful today and his finishing was Sunday League at best, all the crap people gave Jackson the other day should now be given to Martin!!!!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If he''s a constant threat, creates the winner with a great run and is involved in just about every decent move when he is awful, imagine what he can do when he''s just mediocre.[/quote]He wasn''t a constant threat. He drifted out of the game for spells as he usually does, didn''t make as much effort to track back as Holt and Hoolahan (as usual), and missed two or three gilt-edged opportunities. There was some nice interplay with Wes and Holty at times, but I honestly don''t think he had that good a game today.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If he''s a constant threat, creates the winner with a great run and is involved in just about every decent move when he is awful, imagine what he can do when he''s just mediocre.[/quote]He wasn''t a constant threat. He drifted out of the game for spells as he usually does, didn''t make as much effort to track back as Holt and Hoolahan (as usual), and missed two or three gilt-edged opportunities. There was some nice interplay with Wes and Holty at times, but I honestly don''t think he had that good a game today.[/quote]In contrast I thought he was close to being MOM today. He din''t miss three guilt edge chances but he did have three great efforts brilliantly saved by Kenny. Three good efforts all on target that brought the best out of the keeper is good enough for me. As to not tackling back, I thought he was all over the field today and recall him making a great tackle in our box in the first half that he deflected for a corner. In the last 10 mins the entire front line tired and you could see both he Holt and Wes were just about played out. However he still had the strength to carry that last effort all the way from the halfway line, shrug off a powerful defender and have another on target effort saved.Some people see what they want to see but I don''t think Martin could be faulted today.

Ruddy - 8: Did everything he had to do rather well, looked a lot more confident coming for the crosses too.

R Martin - 8: Really good finish, got forward with ease and defended pretty well too, really improving week after week!

Whitbread - 9: For a player who hasn''t had a 90 minute match in about a year now, he played as though he had been a regular for a while and didn''t really put a foot wrong.

Nelson - 8: Same as above, won plenty of headers and positioned himself well. Even burst forward with the ball Lucio-style at times. Hard to pick an ideal back line now...

Drury - 8: Solid as always, one or two times needed the support of the midfielder but having not played in months still did very well indeed.

Crofts - 7: Clattered Taarabt a few times in the first half and really unsettled QPR''s free flowing style, drifted out the game as it went on though.

Smith - 7: Didn''t quite look at his best today, same can be said for his performance against Sheff Utd as well, still did what he needed to do most of the time.

Hoolahan - 9 MoM: Showed Taarabt just how to play the free role today, tracked back and won the ball deep, defended his fair share too, skinned their midfield players on a number of occasions and probably should have scored in the dying minutes.

C Martin - 7: Fantastic run on 10 minutes to set up the Russell Martin goal, missed 2 really good chances to score in the last 20 minutes, however his link up play throughout with Hoolahan and Holt was excellent.

Holt - 9: Say no more... the man leads by example. Played up front, in midfield, in defence at times when a man was out of position. Maybe wasn''t as effective in the final third as he usually is but sure as hell made up for it with his work all over the pitch.

Team Spirit - 10: Stunning work ethic today, really really quality, determined team performance.

Missed Wilbraham! My mistake! Would give the lad a 6. A couple of nice touches, got himself into a good position to score in the second half but dwelled on the ball a little. Gonna take some time for him to settle into our style of play but looks alright :)

KingsLynnCanary – your ratings are very close to mine but for me Michael Nelson was immense today losing very few headers and, in fact, proving to be a threat in the opposition area through his strength. Defensively not pretty, but very effective against one of the division’s best forward lines.

A centre back bought by Norwich City at the age of 27 from a lower league club, where he had spent his entire career, for a modest fee. Thought by many not to be good enough for Norwich City and often berated by supporters. Never one of the prettiest players to play for City but slowly won them over by performances of strength, grit and determination and proved to his many knockers that he had something special to offer.

Incidentally, the description above is of ex City captain Duncan Forbes not Michael Nelson. Can any of the older supporters notice any similarities?

The ability to find fault with at least one player on this forum never ceases to amaze me but after today, this is just absurd.

Every single one of our team ran their ar5es off today to the point of being almost out on their feet at the end of the game.

Everybody will view a game differently and is entitled to their opinion but to criticise any player today is harsh.

Yes Chris Martin missed at least two gilt-edged chances today but his interplay, commitment and holding up right through to the final whistle cannot be questionned .

Whitbread was my MOM today, I thought he was immense. Everything you want in a CB, his aerial threat is brilliant, he can play it out from the back, quick and reads the game, I hope he can stay fit.

Also Crofts seems to be getting 7''s which I feel is a bit harsh, every time Taarabt got the ball, Crofts was a heels width away, I thought he controlled Taarabt fantastically and him and Whitbread would be on 9''s for me.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If he''s a constant threat, creates the winner with a great run and is involved in just about every decent move when he is awful, imagine what he can do when he''s just mediocre.[/quote]He wasn''t a constant threat. He drifted out of the game for spells as he usually does, didn''t make as much effort to track back as Holt and Hoolahan (as usual), and missed two or three gilt-edged opportunities. There was some nice interplay with Wes and Holty at times, but I honestly don''t think he had that good a game today.[/quote]In contrast I thought he was close to being MOM today. He din''t miss three guilt edge chances but he did have three great efforts brilliantly saved by Kenny. Three good efforts all on target that brought the best out of the keeper is good enough for me.[/quote]So the one where he dribbled the ball straight at the keeper from 12 yards out was a ''brilliant save'' from a ''great effort''? Looked more like a passback to me. The one-handed save near the end was an excellent save, admittedly. Sorry, but I just don''t see Chris Martin as any more than a squad player, and I think his overall contribution this season indicates that he''s a good lower-league striker who will struggle to make much impact above League One. Four goals in 24 league games isn''t a good enough return to justify him starting week in, week out.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If he''s a constant threat, creates the winner with a great run and is involved in just about every decent move when he is awful, imagine what he can do when he''s just mediocre.[/quote]He wasn''t a constant threat. He drifted out of the game for spells as he usually does, didn''t make as much effort to track back as Holt and Hoolahan (as usual), and missed two or three gilt-edged opportunities. There was some nice interplay with Wes and Holty at times, but I honestly don''t think he had that good a game today.[/quote]In contrast I thought he was close to being MOM today. He din''t miss three guilt edge chances but he did have three great efforts brilliantly saved by Kenny. Three good efforts all on target that brought the best out of the keeper is good enough for me.[/quote]So the one where he dribbled the ball straight at the keeper from 12 yards out was a ''brilliant save'' from a ''great effort''? Looked more like a passback to me. The one-handed save near the end was an excellent save, admittedly. Sorry, but I just don''t see Chris Martin as any more than a squad player, and I think his overall contribution this season indicates that he''s a good lower-league striker who will struggle to make much impact above League One. Four goals in 24 league games isn''t a good enough return to justify him starting week in, week out.[/quote]Yet Lambert has still started him more often than not. Perhaps you should go and have a word?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If he''s a constant threat, creates the winner with a great run and is involved in just about every decent move when he is awful, imagine what he can do when he''s just mediocre.[/quote]He wasn''t a constant threat. He drifted out of the game for spells as he usually does, didn''t make as much effort to track back as Holt and Hoolahan (as usual), and missed two or three gilt-edged opportunities. There was some nice interplay with Wes and Holty at times, but I honestly don''t think he had that good a game today.[/quote]In contrast I thought he was close to being MOM today. He din''t miss three guilt edge chances but he did have three great efforts brilliantly saved by Kenny. Three good efforts all on target that brought the best out of the keeper is good enough for me.[/quote]So the one where he dribbled the ball straight at the keeper from 12 yards out was a ''brilliant save'' from a ''great effort''? Looked more like a passback to me. The one-handed save near the end was an excellent save, admittedly. Sorry, but I just don''t see Chris Martin as any more than a squad player, and I think his overall contribution this season indicates that he''s a good lower-league striker who will struggle to make much impact above League One. Four goals in 24 league games isn''t a good enough return to justify him starting week in, week out.[/quote]Yet Lambert has still started him more often than not. Perhaps you should go and have a word?[/quote]Oh FFS, pardon me for having an opinion. We all trust in Lambert, we''re performing way above expectations - all I''m saying is I don''t think Martin is going to get any better. Part of the reason for bringing Wilbraham in is to give more competition for places up front, so hopefully Martin''ll get a rest soon and a chance to recharge his batteries.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If he''s a constant threat, creates the winner with a great run and is involved in just about every decent move when he is awful, imagine what he can do when he''s just mediocre.[/quote]He wasn''t a constant threat. He drifted out of the game for spells as he usually does, didn''t make as much effort to track back as Holt and Hoolahan (as usual), and missed two or three gilt-edged opportunities. There was some nice interplay with Wes and Holty at times, but I honestly don''t think he had that good a game today.[/quote]In contrast I thought he was close to being MOM today. He din''t miss three guilt edge chances but he did have three great efforts brilliantly saved by Kenny. Three good efforts all on target that brought the best out of the keeper is good enough for me.[/quote]So the one where he dribbled the ball straight at the keeper from 12 yards out was a ''brilliant save'' from a ''great effort''? Looked more like a passback to me. The one-handed save near the end was an excellent save, admittedly. Sorry, but I just don''t see Chris Martin as any more than a squad player, and I think his overall contribution this season indicates that he''s a good lower-league striker who will struggle to make much impact above League One. Four goals in 24 league games isn''t a good enough return to justify him starting week in, week out.[/quote]Yet Lambert has still started him more often than not. Perhaps you should go and have a word?[/quote]Oh FFS, pardon me for having an opinion. We all trust in Lambert, we''re performing way above expectations - all I''m saying is I don''t think Martin is going to get any better. Part of the reason for bringing Wilbraham in is to give more competition for places up front, so hopefully Martin''ll get a rest soon and a chance to recharge his batteries.[/quote]Of course you''re allowed an opinion, I don''t think anyone is denying that. All I am saying is that Chrissy''s link up play was superb today, and we look a much poorer team when he, Wesley, and Holt are not all in the starting 11. Yes, he probably should have scored at least one today, but there is obviously a reason Lambert is starting him most weeks given his poor return this season.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If he''s a constant threat, creates the winner with a great run and is involved in just about every decent move when he is awful, imagine what he can do when he''s just mediocre.[/quote]He wasn''t a constant threat. He drifted out of the game for spells as he usually does, didn''t make as much effort to track back as Holt and Hoolahan (as usual), and missed two or three gilt-edged opportunities. There was some nice interplay with Wes and Holty at times, but I honestly don''t think he had that good a game today.[/quote]In contrast I thought he was close to being MOM today. He din''t miss three guilt edge chances but he did have three great efforts brilliantly saved by Kenny. Three good efforts all on target that brought the best out of the keeper is good enough for me.[/quote]So the one where he dribbled the ball straight at the keeper from 12 yards out was a ''brilliant save'' from a ''great effort''? Looked more like a passback to me. The one-handed save near the end was an excellent save, admittedly. Sorry, but I just don''t see Chris Martin as any more than a squad player, and I think his overall contribution this season indicates that he''s a good lower-league striker who will struggle to make much impact above League One. Four goals in 24 league games isn''t a good enough return to justify him starting week in, week out.[/quote]Yet Lambert has still started him more often than not. Perhaps you should go and have a word?[/quote]Oh FFS, pardon me for having an opinion. We all trust in Lambert, we''re performing way above expectations - all I''m saying is I don''t think Martin is going to get any better. Part of the reason for bringing Wilbraham in is to give more competition for places up front, so hopefully Martin''ll get a rest soon and a chance to recharge his batteries.[/quote]Of course you''re allowed an opinion, I don''t think anyone is denying that. All I am saying is that Chrissy''s link up play was superb today, and we look a much poorer team when he, Wesley, and Holt are not all in the starting 11. Yes, he probably should have scored at least one today, but there is obviously a reason Lambert is starting him most weeks given his poor return this season.[/quote]Yeah, I can see what you''re saying. Last season he scored loads of goals while his overall contribution was arguably not as good, whereas this season he certainly seems to have improved his work-rate a bit but he seems to have lost his scoring touch. To be honest I was surprised at the formation today - with Holt, Wilbraham, Martin and Hoolahan all playing, I thought there was a chance that Smith and Crofts might get swamped in the midfield, but we stayed on the front foot pretty much throughout, and the linkup play in the final third was very good. Wes in particular ran his socks off and got stuck in, which was great to see.

[quote user="bundo"]Whole team where very very good. Best game i have seen at Carrow Road this year![/quote]I thought it was our worst performance of 2011 by some distance. [;)]

[quote user="baldyboy"]what is this lovefest with Lazyboy Martin? He was awful today and his finishing was Sunday League at best, all the crap people gave Jackson the other day should now be given to Martin!!!!
[/quote]

I wasn''t particularly impressed by Martin''s performance against Sheff Utd but I thought he was much better today. He was a lot more involved in the play (obviously that was always likely to happen given the role he was playing) but he also got stuck in a bit more and used his strength better.

For example, against the Blades, he let Nosworthy win far too much without even really making it difficult for him but today he showed a lot more intelligence with the way he got his body between defender and ball to get hold of it.

Unlucky not to score with his terrific run leading up to our goal but really should have killed the game later on when he missed a couple of sitters. He''ll score them next time though, no doubt.