Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Players to sell/loan out in January

There hassnt really been much talk of players to get rid of in January on here so do other City fans feel that there are any players we need to get rid of or loan out for abit. I personally think Stephen Hughes and Owain Tudor Jones are two that need to go and maybe even Askou as its fair to say Lambert doesnt seem to keen on him. I also think Oli Johnson could do with a loan spell and in all honesty I wouldnt exactly lose too much sleep if we sold him as dont think hes good enough for the championship. I also think loaning a few of the youngsters such as Rudd and Daley would probably be good as ther not really playing much here

The FA Cup is comming up soon, i expect lambert will be using this to see how the fringe players play and could be a perfect opportunity for them to get noticed and puh their way into the first 11

Stephen Hughes would probably be in and around the starting 11 at the moment but for being injured himself.

He''s ahead of Tudor-Jones & Gill i''d imagine. They would be shown the door before him.

I wouldn''t let any of the squad go, unless they didn''t want to be here obviously, they''ve all got a part to play. I''d probably let Daley out on loan for the rest of the season, and Oli out for a month to get games, but with the injuries and suspensions stacking up I''d be reluctant to ship anyone else out. With the rate at which Russell Martin has improved under what I assume is Ian Culverhouse''s tutorial I''m also thinking that the best place for a promising young right back (Francomb) to develop might be back here.

Given the number of injuries / suspensions, I wouldn''t let anyone out apart from possibly Jed Steer to enable him to develop a bit. Does the OP realise that once they are out on loan (a minimum of 1 month) they cannot always be recalled?