Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

2010 ; the best ever ?

I was just wondering  if ,as a calendar year (as opposed to a season), was 2010 the best ever in Norwich''s history?

If there was a better one,then I''d guess some of you statisticians will have the details.

I take it you mean the points total and wins throughout the year rather than the relative success of winning the third tier.

I very much doubt the club have ever won 27 league games in a calendar year.

1993 would be my answer, finish 3rd in the top flight beat Bayern Munich.Though statistically you maybe right,

Leaving statistics aside, hard to ignore 1959. The greatest ever giant-killing FA Cup run (although we played rounds one and two in 1958 the big scalps all  came in 1959) and then a strong start to the following season that laid the foundations for promotion to the Second Division.

If were talking calendar year, then 1986 must have been a pretty good one in terms of points total. In the 2nd half of the 85/86 season we won the 2nd division at a canter whilst in the first half of the 86/87 season started fairly well after prmotion and actually were at the top of the then Division 1 for a week in October. Cant remember where we were in the league at the turn of the year but finished 5th at the end of that season.