Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

What do you reckon then: Classic Norwich bluff or no-one?

Ok.  Not that I''m starting to panic or anything but the window will slam shut in about 29.5 hours (at the time of writing this) at 5pm tomorrow.  So what so we think?  Are the Norwich board and management doing their classic strategy;

Doomcaster "I know if we pretend we haven''t got anyone, the Norwich fans will be really really happy with who we have got.  He he he.  I''ll have my statue outside FCR in no time!"

Or....

Doomcaster "Errr sorry Nige.  You can''t have anyone.  Bellers was too expensive and Richardson only wanted to go where Sir Al told him to!"

I''m heart is saying option 1 (without the statue hopefully! :whistling  However, my head is ever steadily become realistic and going with option 2. 

So, do you think we''ll get anyone?

I personally don''t think we will get anyone in, so option 2 it is for me. Why would we leave it so late? Any buy now, unless we get someone highly rated and talented, would be considered a panic buy. Sadly, as is an old Worthington saying, it looks like we will "have to go on with what we''ve got". Even more unfortunately, that option will result in us going down.

I am absolutely sure we will get someone. . .I think . . . er well maybe not. . . . but on the other hand . . . and then again we should . . .and if the price is right...!

Crikey I think I''ve got Citytransferdoubtitis !

I bloomin well hope we get someone in! I reckon if we get no one at all in our chances of survival go down, you can guarantee everyone else is/will be strengthening.

OK we''ve been unlucky with injuries, but this is the chance to do something to rectify the position.  We''ve let in 20 in 8 league games, not kept a clean sheet for 17 in the league and cup so the defence needs a shake-up at the very least. 

[quote]Ok. Not that I''m starting to panic or anything but the window will slam shut in about 29.5 hours (at the time of writing this) at 5pm tomorrow. So what so we think? Are the Norwich board and manage...[/quote]

DDIM,

I''m 100% sure that it will be Option 1

Keep your faith

cityangel x

Why does everyone think we will be going down if we don''t get anyone in? We''ve already got a signing in the form of Dean Ashton - an amazing player, who''ll help a lot. It''s amazing how quickly people forget - we blew a large amount of money on Ashton. Far more than we expected spent.

The side we''ve got is good enough to do the job, now that we''ve got Ashton. It''s just a case of working hard, supporting hard and hoping for that little bit of lady luck.

Reinforcements or not, we have as good a chance as WBA, Palace and Southampton.

OTBC - We can do it!

[quote]Ok. Not that I''m starting to panic or anything but the window will slam shut in about 29.5 hours (at the time of writing this) at 5pm tomorrow. So what so we think? Are the Norwich board and manage...[/quote]

I''ll take option 1 DD. Remember Smokescreen?.

Although the board has done superb, don''t faint! (see, I aways said that they could raise £3 million if they really wanted to!) I would be a little gutted if someone didn''t turn up on loan.

That''s not to say I ain''t grateful for Ashton, because I am.

And a small point, I always thought the window slammed shut at midnight tomorrow, who''s correct on this, please moderators.        

From the FA site

How long does the transfer window open for?
The transfer window normally closes on the 31st January. However if the the last day of the window falls on a Saturday, transfers in the Premier League are permitted until 5pm on the following Monday.

However, for clubs buying players from abroad, international clearance must be requested - but not necessarily granted - with the Football Association by 5pm on the 31st January.

Teams hoping to use their new signings in European competition have until 11am 2nd February to register players with UEFA.

The Transfer window will re-commence at midnight on the last day of the season (which this year is Saturday 15th May) and shall close at 5.00pm on 31st August.

[quote]I''ll take option 1 DD. Remember Smokescreen?. Although the board has done superb, don''t faint! (see, I aways said that they could raise £3 million if they really wanted to!) I would be a little gutte...[/quote]

Quote from Doomcaster:

"The paperwork has to be lodged with the Premier League by 5pm on Monday night,"