Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Re: If Lambert leaves....

When ( looking at a strictly ambitious point of view) he has a realistic chance of getting back to back promotions to league One to the Prem and cement that achivement Lambert would be insane to leave.There is no way Lambert will leave Norwich until the end of the season.Its like saying.... If i work for 6 more months I could become CEO of the companyWhats that ? A job just came as head of department down in Cattering.... Im already Head of Department in Logistics... I know I will go for that job....Completely change my job description and all personel working with me and miss out on the chance to become CEO.You would have to be raving barking f*cking mad !!!So lets give it a rest on Lambert rumors please. ( at least until the end of the season ;) )

[quote user="Wxyz"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Largey"]Sorry but if he was going the board would not sanction these transfer deals. Lambert has stated in the past he will only leave when he is shown the door.[/quote]And on friday he said he would leave now if we sold anyone this window[/quote]

Did he, can you provide a link to that interview as I must have missed it [:)]

[/quote]

"The arrival of the transfer window is always greeted with rumours, but Lambert made it clear who’s the boss at Carrow Road - and that his decision is final.

“If the club want to sell then it is whether I accept it or not and if they want to sell and I don’t agree then it becomes a major issue,” he said.

Think thats the  statement he''s referring to

[/quote]Aye, and a little bit before when his reply to a question about any players leaving was, "There''d be no point in me being here" It''s not on the internet version of the report, only on Saturdays EDP.Anyways, hopefully this will clear it up a bit, from the Burnley official site"Contrary to local newspaper reports, no plans are in place for an

official approach for any candidate currently in employment elsewhere"

[quote user="H4H"]Now, im not a betting man myself so dont really understand how bookmakers make their predictions with regards to football managers. There must be some inside knowledge or truth into PL moving to Burnley, otherwise I dont see how Sky Bet and Victor Chandler can have him top of a high profile stack of names.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager

Can someone who knows more about this than me please put my mind to rest.[/quote]

Derek McInnes is favourite on Victor Chandler at 15/8

If Lambert were to leave......I personally think that our Chief Exec wouldn''t be too far behind him - in also departing to pastures new......

[quote user="The saint"]

Give nana a break.

All hes saying is if we did ever lose lambert then he trusts mcnally to get a good replacement.

Its a fair point and i happen to agree with him.

[/quote]

thanks [y]

[quote user="Coelho"]Someone supposedly ''in the know'' is saying that Lambert met with members of the Burnley board on Thursday. If that''s true, I would be absolutely devastated. Even if he doesn''t leave, that he would talk to other clubs at a similar/lower level is slightly worrying. Surely he wouldn''t go, would he?
[/quote]

Next someone will try and tell me that McNally and Bowkett rolled over and have given permission for PL to talk to Burnley.[:@]

I think you are absolutely right Mello.

The negative genes in me are very fragile with all things Delia and if she is ''coming the old soldier'' as appears to have happened in the past, Messrs Bowkett, McNasty and Lambert will either stand up for a fight (my thoughts because Bowkett new what he was getting into) or they will walk away on block and oh what fun we will have then!!!

[quote user="The saint"]

Give nana a break.

All hes saying is if we did ever lose lambert then he trusts mcnally to get a good replacement.

[/quote]

It''s something most of us know and think too but it doesn''t warrant starting a new thread, besides which it hasn''t happened yet has it?  Or maybe I missed the official announcement from the club that Lambert has left [:S]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The saint"]

Give nana a break.

[/quote]

It''s something most of us know and think too but it doesn''t warrant starting a new thread, besides which it hasn''t happened yet has it?  Or maybe I missed the official announcement from the club that Lambert has left [:S]

[/quote]But you could say that about 95% of the posts on this board - just take a look at the posts below.  I think ''Nana raises a fair point that McNally''s got a good record of managers (though Laurie Sanchez might have been one of his?).

NanaYou obviously haven''t seen the film Mike Bassett yet- yep the name was wrong but Paul Lambert will be the Norwich manager who moves on to manage England at the World Cup in Brazil in 2014.  It is written........Shame he leaves Norwich for England but at least we would have finally won the FA Cup.So hang on until 2013 before worrying about his replacement.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The saint"]

Give nana a break.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But you could say that about 95% of the posts on this board - just take a look at the posts below.  I think ''Nana raises a fair point that McNally''s got a good record of managers (though Laurie Sanchez might have been one of his?).

[/quote]

I totally agree, some of the threads are a waste of bandwidth including this one.  It''s about time these Lambert threads were merged into one thread.

There is no point speculating about what hasn''t happened.  The time to talk about it is when it is happening/happened surely?

It is already written in a film......The England Manager in Brazil 2014 has been taken from Norwich after Norwich win the FA Cup in 2013.  Okay Mike Bassett may not be the same as Paul Lambert but the omens are there - truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.So no immediate panic, EPL here we come and an FA Cup win in 2013.  Good times.......

[quote user="City1st"]"I was merely stating that IF there was any truth in the rumours,"

You were not. You claimed that someone was saying ie you heard him/her saying it

"I was hardly reporting it as fact"

''Is saying'' sounds like a fact to me

"And for that, you question my intelligence"

Given what we all know about managers being allowed to speak to other clubs then yes, your intelligence is open to question - as is your motive.[/quote]So if someone says something, it''s a fact? Wow.I think if you read my original post again, properly this time, you might have the good grace to admit that you misinterpreted what I was saying. Why on earth do some posters feel the need to be so hostile towards fellow City fans?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Coelho"]Someone supposedly ''in the know'' is saying that Lambert met with members of the Burnley board on Thursday. If that''s true, I would be absolutely devastated. Even if he doesn''t leave, that he would talk to other clubs at a similar/lower level is slightly worrying. Surely he wouldn''t go, would he?[/quote]

Next someone will try and tell me that McNally and Bowkett rolled over and have given permission for PL to talk to Burnley.[:@]

[/quote]This is the gist of the thread originally posted on the Burnley board, to which the link was posted on here by Hucka Hucka Huckerby on the first page. I was merely reporting back on the contents of the thread to save people trawling through it. At no point did I say this was happening, or that I knew anyone who told me it was happening. Everybody just calm down!

Phil Brown has moved massively in to evens this afternoon in the latest betting, with Paul Lambert moving out quite rapidly.

Very strange tha Paul Lambert was so short in the first place, perhaps he was using Burnley vacancy to put pressure on our Board re transfer targets.

I don''t for one minute believe that Lambert would see this as a decent move and don''t think there is any chance of him ending up at Burnley. However something that should be taken into account is that I am reliably informed that he changed his agent in the close season. His new agent (whose name escapes me) is a guy who is apprently notorious for being very cutthroat and engineering big moves for his clients. Whilst I seriously doubt that Lambert has met with anyone from Burnley it is not beyond the realms of possibility that his agent has been putting out some feelers in order to enhance the impression that his client is a man in demand. Unfortunately, whilst we continue to do well I think we will see Lambert linked with just about every vacancy going and i suspect his agent will be happy for that to be the case.

I''m not worried about his taking another championship job but Villa is a bit of a worry as would Bolton be is Liverpool decided to poach Coyle.

[quote user="shefcanary"]The England Manager in Brazil 2014 has been taken from Norwich after Norwich win the FA Cup in 2013.[/quote]It wasn''t the F.A.Cup, it was the Mr Clutch Cup!

[quote user="jamesg"]Phil Brown has moved massively in to evens this afternoon in the latest betting, with Paul Lambert moving out quite rapidly.

Very strange tha Paul Lambert was so short in the first place, perhaps he was using Burnley vacancy to put pressure on our Board re transfer targets.[/quote]I wouldn''t put that past him - he''s clearly hugely ambitious - although it must take some serious balls to play double-bluff with David McNally. What a change in the corridors of power from Roedent cosying up to Delia and Michael. It''s so refreshing to feel like a serious, hard-nosed football club after the powder-puff post-Premiership years. Lambert doesn''t want to leave here until his work is done, and McNally will push as hard as he can to release funds without jeopardising our financial stability... interesting times off the pitch while everyone is rightly focusing on the minor miracle happening on it!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t for one minute believe that Lambert would see this as a decent move and don''t think there is any chance of him ending up at Burnley. However something that should be taken into account is that I am reliably informed that he changed his agent in the close season. His new agent (whose name escapes me) is a guy who is apprently notorious for being very cutthroat and engineering big moves for his clients.[/quote]Did I read somewhere that his agent is now Athole Still, who I believe was Eriksson''s agent when the FA were paying him about £15k per day for two years after he left the England job? Or did I dream it?

"Very strange tha Paul Lambert was so short in the first place, perhaps he was using Burnley vacancy to put pressure on our Board re transfer targets."

More ridiculous tosh !

The odds were short because there are quite a few idiots out there - that''s why there are so many bookies. Remember the paupers were pretty much odds on favourites to be promoted in 2009/10, based, I would suggest, on numerous halfwitted suffolk farmhands handing over their wonga to the bookies.

now ....

Because any number of dimwits have bet on Lambert joining Burnley, that has given him leverage with the board ! ! !

Because of those bets the board have now conjured up money they did not have before ! ! !

Because of that money suddenly becoming available any number of halfwits are now betting on another manager getting the job at Burnley instead ! ! !

It makes you wonder how some of these folk actually manage to dress themselves in the morning.