Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Re: If Lambert leaves....

Lambert isn''t leaving........

And on a side note, i think Lambert is a better appointment than Hodgson, Hodgson did alright, runners up in the Europa league was a very good achievement, but came at the cost of being nearly 10 places lower in the league.......While Lambert got the best out of the squad, which you could say had championship quality rather than League One quality players, which you wouldn''t have known based on Gunn''s game. And now we are doing almost as well in the Championship.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lambert isn''t leaving.......[/quote]What he said.Lambert''s not going to be here forever, but while the board are willing/able to match his ambitions there''s still a job to do here and serious potential to achieve more. As far as Championship clubs go, where would be a better bet? Someone with loads of money to throw at it perhaps, but they also have the money to sack you after 6 months if you''re not 10 points clear at the top.Then there''s the possibility that a lower prem club comes calling. Would taking charge of a team consisting of underachieving mercinaries and egos to step straight into a relegation fight really be the right move for Lambert at this stage of his managerial career?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lambert isn''t leaving........ And on a side note, i think Lambert is a better appointment than Hodgson, Hodgson did alright, runners up in the Europa league was a very good achievement, but came at the cost of being nearly 10 places lower in the league.......While Lambert got the best out of the squad, which you could say had championship quality rather than League One quality players, which you wouldn''t have known based on Gunn''s game. And now we are doing almost as well in the Championship.[/quote]

I think europe is more exciting then championship.

but all im really saying is mcnally can spot a manager!

This is a question rather than me pointing something out and suggesting something which is probably untrue.

Usually I will leave on about 92 mins (well to go stand by the exit until the final whistle), however today i stayed because i was kind of caught up in the moment. Anyhow i saw Lambert did i sort of mini lap clapping and thumbs up to the crowd after the game. Does this usually happen? Or should we be thinking thats his last goodbye?

I think he was just thanking the fans for getting behind the side throughout the game, after beating the league leaders it was a huge club effort!

"I think europe is more exciting then championship."

Champions league maybe, but not the Eurpoopa

Malky is our next manager, I''d hope.No point discussing when Lambert is clearly getting backed and doing an amazing job. He''s building his reputation here and doing an amazing job of it. Promotion would just be a total dream, and I honestly believe Lambert would be the man to keep us up if we did manage it. Not getting carried away, but we''re all excited.OTBC.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

....I believe that we have one of the best manager spotters as out CE in David McNally. He has picked lambert for us who lead us to glory last season and he also picked Roy Hodgson to be the manager of Fulham who lead them onto europa league runners up!

So if lambert does leave i have faith in McNally!!

[/quote]

Are you bored Banana, if so play on your x box, nintendo or read a book. [:$]

That and in the post match interview he said that the home support had been a massive part of the last two home games helping to get behind a very depleated team.

Having been there I would agree, especially against Shef Utd when the crowd could easily have turned. It really was all of us getting behind them in the second half that propelled them on to not only equalising but scoring another two for a laugh as well.

Today was just the same, rather than going quiet or moaning all I could here, predominantly anyway, was our support encouraging our lads to do better. Best atmosphere I can remember for a while now.

Give nana a break.

All hes saying is if we did ever lose lambert then he trusts mcnally to get a good replacement.

Its a fair point and i happen to agree with him.

Why why why why why why why why would he leave for BURNLEY? For any club in the Championship? It makes no sense, its not a step forward, he is more likely to gain promotion with us, than he is moving to Burnley. If he was, wouldn''t he have wanted a loss or draw today? to better Burnley''s chances of catching up the play-offs....

Although it is quite nice, to know we have a manager who is well thought off!!

Someone supposedly ''in the know'' is saying that Lambert met with members of the Burnley board on Thursday. If that''s true, I would be absolutely devastated. Even if he doesn''t leave, that he would talk to other clubs at a similar/lower level is slightly worrying. Surely he wouldn''t go, would he?

If I was Paul Lambert I would certainly make the meeting if only to find out what his current value is, and also what Burnley''s plans were.One hopes though he and the whole team are really happy here, and i don''t even think we need to bring anyone in to the side or get rid of anyone.Anyway OTBC.

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]Burnley fans seem certain he''s leaving us for them. http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118981150 [/quote]Only a prize tw*t would walk away from Norwich.  Do I think Lambert will? NO CHANCE.  He doesn''t need more money,  he can easily build his rep here.

It would be a rather weird move if Lambert were to leave, certainly to a Championship rival (we couldn''t stand in his way for a crack at the Prem). I''m not sure many would say that Burnley are a better bet than us but strange things do happen in football so you can never say never.

To me there isn''t much sign that he''s about to go - he just signed a new striker having given the board his list of players wanted, interviews talking about how great things are; and not long ago he was saying that he was going nowhere. But I guess you never know, time will tell.

Could this someone be your imaginary friend, or the voices in your head.

Anybody with the merest nodding aquantance with football will know that any approach to a manager requires the agreement of that manager''s club.

The idea that "members of the Burnley board " would be involved in discussions rather than the chief executive shows a very, very limited knowledge of football - as does the idea that those board members could be got together the day after their manager was sacked and that Lambert could not only have the time available to meet them but that both parties could travel to some convenient place.

Perhaps Coelho is from suffolk - he doesn''t sound too bright.

1) Burnley''s Chief Executive is in America (I believe) at the moment. He sacked Laws over the phone, so I somewhat doubt he (as it would be him, not members of the board) ''met'' Lambert the next day.

2) Was Lambert not at Colney/Carrow Road on Thursday? I would suggest he was there - as opposed to Burnley - considering he was ''unveiling'' our new striker and preparing the team for today.

3) He''d be mad to leave us for them. Apart from anything, if he got us promoted this season, he''s secured himself a job in football for the next 5-10 years - wherever that may be.

In short, all complete rubbish!

[quote user="City1st"]Could this someone be your imaginary friend, or the voices in your head.

Anybody with the merest nodding aquantance with football will know that any approach to a manager requires the agreement of that manager''s club.

The idea that "members of the Burnley board " would be involved in discussions rather than the chief executive shows a very, very limited knowledge of football - as does the idea that those board members could be got together the day after their manager was sacked and that Lambert could not only have the time available to meet them but that both parties could travel to some convenient place.

Perhaps Coelho is from suffolk - he doesn''t sound too bright.[/quote]Excuse me? Read my post again. I was merely stating that IF there was any truth in the rumours, I would be gutted. I was hardly reporting it as fact. And for that, you question my intelligence and accuse me of being from Suffolk! Marvellous to see that Canary conviviality is alive and well in 2011... a happy new year to you too.

Lambert is at a club with a nice stadium which will be made bigger if we go up, a state of the art training ground with facilities as good as many in the prem and has built a squad that looks more than capable of getting promoted. He is loved by fans and players alike and is on the verge of something very special here.Why would he want to leave us for a team in the middle of the hills with a wooden hut to get changed in before training and an awful stadium that belongs in the 1930''s that is very rarely full? In short it ain''t gonna happen whatever some delusional Burnley fans may think.

Does anyone here know when was it the last time when a manager moved up two divisions with a club in two seasons -- at this level?

Why would Lambert miss such an opportunity?