Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

R. Martin

What a Player. When he first joined he was an average RB who tackled and headed the ball clear. Now he gets forward, whips in crosses, and still tackles and heads the ball away! Whoever has been working with him deserves so much credit, Shame they didn''t do it to Semi when he was here!!

Culverhouse I''d expect. Massive credit to Russell and the coaching staff. He''s gone from being considered by most (including myself) to be the poorest player in the team at the start of the season, to being probably the best RB in the league.

[:)] My hero is playing well, just after my thread a week or two back.Gotta say we were brilliant today, and slightly off topic, but Korey Smith needs a smaller shirt! Way too baggy, but he also seems to be playing with alot more confidence and taking more players on. [Y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]What a Player. When he first joined he was an average RB who tackled and headed the ball clear. Now he gets forward, whips in crosses, and still tackles and heads the ball away! Whoever has been working with him deserves so much credit, Shame they didn''t do it to Semi when he was here!![/quote]

Culverhouse used to play in his position - Russell Martin could hardly have a better coach!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]POTS so far? He would get my vote, ahead of hooly, holt, barnett.[/quote]

I would definitely say he is right up there no doubt. Holt has been fantastic for us though, as has Ruddy!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="I am a Banana"]POTS so far? He would get my vote, ahead of hooly, holt, barnett.[/quote]

I would definitely say he is right up there no doubt. Holt has been fantastic for us though, as has Ruddy![/quote]I obviously want him to do well every game, but does he not worry you every time someone shoots, crosses, or anything... He doesn''t look confident at all in my opinion! He''s a good shot stopper, but doesn''t really take control of balls in the box. However, that 1 handed catch in the dying moments v QPR was enjoyable! Hope he keeps improving.It seems we have 2/3 threads after every game about R.Martin! He''s our best defender in my opinion, and I''d like to see a better RB then him in the league........

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Culverhouse I''d expect. Massive credit to Russell and the coaching staff. He''s gone from being considered by most (including myself) to be the poorest player in the team at the start of the season, to being probably the best RB in the league.[/quote]I''d agree with you 100 percent.Apparently his girlfriend is very attractive too, I''ve heard from someone who lives near him that she''s the fittest woman he''s ever seen.Well done Russell!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Culverhouse I''d expect. Massive credit to Russell and the coaching staff. He''s gone from being considered by most (including myself) to be the poorest player in the team at the start of the season, to being probably the best RB in the league.[/quote]I''d agree with you 100 percent.Apparently his girlfriend is very attractive too, I''ve heard from someone who lives near him that she''s the fittest woman he''s ever seen.Well done Russell!

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="I am a Banana"]POTS so far? He would get my vote, ahead of hooly, holt, barnett.[/quote]

I would definitely say he is right up there no doubt. Holt has been fantastic for us though, as has Ruddy![/quote]I obviously want him to do well every game, but does he not worry you every time someone shoots, crosses, or anything... He doesn''t look confident at all in my opinion! He''s a good shot stopper, but doesn''t really take control of balls in the box. However, that 1 handed catch in the dying moments v QPR was enjoyable! Hope he keeps improving.It seems we have 2/3 threads after every game about R.Martin! He''s our best defender in my opinion, and I''d like to see a better RB then him in the league........[/quote]Ruddy is certainly getting more secure as the season develops, but some way off being a POTS contender IMO. In the first three months of the season I''d say Crofts was right up there, but although he''s been consistently good he hasn''t quite hit the same heights in the last couple of months. Holt, on the other hand, has come into his own, as has Hoolahan, but Russ has been consistently good throughout and is probably shading it at the moment.