Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Centre Backs for today.

Can''t see how we can drop Nelson or Whitbread after they kept a clean sheet against the league leaders, and the first clean sheet in ages.

As good as Barnett and Ward have been rarely did they keep a clean sheet. Really can''t see how Barnett can come straight back in, as good as he is and has been, surely a clean sheet vs qpr gets you the start by default?

Nelson and Whitbread for me.

Nelson and Barnett for me today, 2 games in 48hrs is alot to ask from Whitbread not having played for nearly 2 years. Bring him back in alongside Barnett for the Cup match against Leyton Orient on Saturday to give him a game with Barnett to allow him a chance to get to know Barnetts game aswell as Nelsons.

I don''t want to be rude, however we have already had 3 threads discussing this.

It has to be Barnett (given we have paid for him recently) with Whitbread first, then Nelson. Depending on fitness etc.

It has to be Nelson and Barnett. Whitbread was class against QPR but be realistic, he''s only played one game after months out and to expect him to suddenly play two games in three days would risk another injury. For the same reason I expect to see Lapin in for Drury today as well.

If we nurse Drury and Whitbread for a couple of weeks we should have seen the back of our defensive injury crisis

I think your probably right Hairy Canary, on both accounts.

I thought Drury looked more worn out than Whitbread.... (although that could have been the ball smashed into his head :P)