Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

QPR players

I wonder if Warnock knew 6 of his players were in the bar at Dunston hall till way past 2am yesterday morning, How do I know, my son in law was there too with his Band, Scratchthecat, what a squeeky clean team they are  

Dammit Pete, you''ve beaten me too it! My particular source works there and says that the players were completely hammered and gatecrashed a wedding. (I''ve just tweeted this too, so now its going to look like I''m trying to nick your scoop lol)Probably why Warnock was deflecting the attention away from his own players'' poor performance...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Was Matty Pattison serving the drinks?[/quote]Yes, him and john hartson were at the buffet...surprisingly..

yes evil monkey they were drinking as seen by my daughter and son in law who were there having a meal and got to speak to one or two of the players in the bar area . . .and they see colin wan* * * too . .

Considering Colin''s comments about our players after the game, this is quite a story really... not a shocking story, obviously (footballers drinking alcohol, gosh!) but surely worth a few paragraphs somewhere?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Considering Colin''s comments about our players after the game, this is quite a story really... not a shocking story, obviously (footballers drinking alcohol, gosh!) but surely worth a few paragraphs somewhere?
[/quote]

It is surprising when they have a 4th game in just over a week 48 hours later. I am amazed they even stayed. If they lose tomorrow we need to get this on QPR message boards that will turn them against each other.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Considering Colin''s comments about our players after the game, this is quite a story really... not a shocking story, obviously (footballers drinking alcohol, gosh!) but surely worth a few paragraphs somewhere?
[/quote]

It is surprising when they have a 4th game in just over a week 48 hours later. I am amazed they even stayed. If they lose tomorrow we need to get this on QPR message boards that will turn them against each other.

[/quote]

So was this bar session before or after playing us?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Dammit Pete, you''ve beaten me too it! My particular source works there and says that the players were completely hammered and gatecrashed a wedding. (I''ve just tweeted this too, so now its going to look like I''m trying to nick your scoop lol)

Probably why Warnock was deflecting the attention away from his own players'' poor performance...
[/quote]

If they were given the night off what do you expect them to do, sit in their rooms and watch Stricly Come Dancing ??

"So was this bar session before or after playing us?"

I think the clue is in that the post was made Sunday afternoon and stated -

"I wonder if Warnock knew 6 of his players were in the bar at Dunston hall till way past 2am yesterday morning"

It is also rather unusual for the team to stay AFTER the game.

Bit disturbing if their lack of effort was down to the ill effects of that session rather than our good play.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Dammit Pete, you''ve beaten me too it! My particular source works there and says that the players were completely hammered and gatecrashed a wedding. (I''ve just tweeted this too, so now its going to look like I''m trying to nick your scoop lol)Probably why Warnock was deflecting the attention away from his own players'' poor performance...[/quote]

If they were given the night off what do you expect them to do, sit in their rooms and watch Stricly Come Dancing ??

[/quote]I think you misunderstand, CA... this drinking session was the night before they played us, and probably explains why they weren''t at the races. If you''re a professional footballer and have a game the next day, surely you don''t go and get hammered? Maybe one or two players, but pretty much the whole team?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think you misunderstand, CA... this drinking session was the night before they played us, and probably explains why they weren''t at the races. If you''re a professional footballer and have a game the next day, surely you don''t go and get hammered? Maybe one or two players, but pretty much the whole team?
[/quote]

I thought someone said that some of the players gate crashed a wedding Sat night?

The op didn''t say they were drinking excessively or even if they were drinking alcohol, with kick off at 3pm I don''t suppose they were up at 6.30 like "normal" working people so a lie in until 10 would still give them 8 hours - a light training session followed by the pre match meal and then down to Carrow Road. Would this not be acceptable behaviour?

After all it was New Years Eve.

I''m not sure why this is so difficult for some people to understand.  I''ll say again:The QPR players were drinking alcohol at Dunston Hall, Norwich, on Friday night, New Year''s Eve, the day before they played us at Carrow Road, Norwich.  They drank excessively, were considered to be ''hammered'' by people who were there at the time, and they gate-crashed a wedding the same evening.  Many of them were still at it at 2am when my own particular ''witness'' left work.Is that simple enough?

Not a clue whether this story is true or not (although it seems just a touch dubious), but IF it is then Neil Warnock''s column in The Independent on New Year''s Day starts to look a teensy bit ironic;

Last night, while everyone else was celebrating, we enjoyed a traditional footballers'' New Year''s Eve; tucked up in bed in a hotel just outside Norwich.

As on Christmas Day I trusted the players, so there was no going round checking everyone was in bed before midnight. They are aware they will have plenty of New Year''s Eve celebrations when they give up football. Really, it''s not that much of a sacrifice. They all get paid well and they are aware that preparation and sleep are important. I just had to hope we got the quiet end of the hotel – you can''t find a decent hotel at New Year''s Eve that hasn''t got a few parties on.

It is important the players do look after themselves as after today we have to get back and prepare to face Bristol City at home on Monday. There''s no let-up in the Championship. It''s not like those soft Premier League teams who get an extra day to recover; I suppose it is so they can get their snoods and gloves washed and dried. At least our schedule isn''t too bad. Preston, after playing today, are at Crystal Palace on Monday, and Hull travel to Portsmouth. You have to have sympathy for the supporters as well as the players.

I thought that Neil Warnock was using the media after the game to make life difficult for Grant Holt.

With this in mind, I have forwarded this story to a national newspaper.  Hopefully they will print it, whether it''s true or not!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think you misunderstand, CA... this drinking session was the night before they played us, and probably explains why they weren''t at the races. If you''re a professional footballer and have a game the next day, surely you don''t go and get hammered? Maybe one or two players, but pretty much the whole team?
[/quote]

I thought someone said that some of the players gate crashed a wedding Sat night?

[/quote]

My son in laws band were there playing for a wedding, my son in law lead guitar and vocal, told me they gate crashed at around 11pm, they thought we would be a push over and no need to concern themselfs as we are little ole narwich. to talk about putting this on thier web site would go down better with photographs, I cant do that but If you look at www.scratchthecat.co.uk  go to venue date, know what I mean  

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Dammit Pete, you''ve beaten me too it! My particular source works there and says that the players were completely hammered and gatecrashed a wedding. (I''ve just tweeted this too, so now its going to look like I''m trying to nick your scoop lol)

Probably why Warnock was deflecting the attention away from his own players'' poor performance...
[/quote]

Good on you mate I''m a bit old  to understand this tweet lark, the quicker thier fans see it the better

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Good on you mate I''m a bit old  to understand this tweet lark, the quicker thier fans see it the better

[/quote]

Now on Vital Football - QPR.  14 views so far

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now on Vital Football - QPR.  14 views so far

[/quote]

Love it let Warnock talk his way out of this little one now

[quote user="cityangel"]If they were given the night off what do you expect them to do, sit in their rooms and watch Stricly Come Dancing ??[/quote]

They get paid £4000+ to perform on a saturday, they are professional players and should know when to stop and 2am is not the time to stop. 11pm is the limit!

Thank you to whoever confirmed that it was Friday night. I wasn''t the only one who was confused by some of the posts that inferred it was Saturday night.

Now playing devil''s advocate [6], I hope whoever is the father of the person in the band doesn''t affect his "contract" with Dunstan Hall. DH may not take kindly to people who are "employed" tittle-tattling (albeit via a third party) about hotel guests on an internet forum. Personally, I think it''s hilarious and hope the sh!t hits the fan for Warnock and QPR. Good on you mate![:D]

They are not contracted to D/H they are booked for weddings and so on, the people book Dunston then book the band to play for them, they are not payed by D/H