Sign in to follow this  
65Vintage

Team for Tomorrow

Tough call tomorrow - still a lot of injuries, but also some good selection problems!Does Barnett return, and if so who for?  Risk Drury again after while out and a hard game (same Whitbread).  Should Lappin return, and if so where?Play the Diamond?  Strikers - options there too now - same as QPR?Just wondered what people think, and what team they would pick.

Personally I would have the same starting 11 as we had against QPR as long as Whitbread and Drury have come through OK after their layoffs, if not I would bring Barnett in for  Whitbread and Lappin in for Drury.

[quote user="Harry"]Personally I would have the same starting 11 as we had against QPR as long as Whitbread and Drury have come through OK after their layoffs, if not I would bring Barnett in for  Whitbread and Lappin in for Drury.[/quote]Agreed !I dont think Whitbread can do another 90 so soon so Barnett / Whitbread looks the only logical change

IMO he will go with a lot of fresh players as I think he will see fresh players a good option against a team who have played 4 games in a little over a week. I reckon Lappin Barnett Gill and Jackson will all play but dont know for who. Also expect Hools to start even though away as he has only played 1 1/2 games over christmas. Cant see Whitbread playing again until Saturday when you suspect Holt, Smith, Crofts, Ruddy, Drury and C Martin will be given the day off, but with PL you never know.

As long as Hools appears either in team or on bench as that should squash the Hools to Boro rumours.  

I would go 4-4-2 (diamond

Ruddy

R Martin, Nelson, Barnett, Drury

Crofts

K Smith               Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt            C  Martin

Subs - Rudd, Whitbread, Jackson, Wilbraham, Gill, Johnson, McNamee.

--------------------Ruddy--------------------

Martin----Barnett-----Whitbred----Drury

----------------------Crofts-------------------

------Smith---------------------Lappin------

----------------------Wes----------------------

--------------Holt-------------Martin----------

Barnett for Nelson is purely my own personal preference, nothing against Nelson who was great Saturday I simply prefere Whitbred and Barnett as players & acknowledge Barnett for Whitbred is the more likely change.

GK - Ruddy

DR - R.Martin

DC - Barnett

DC - Nelson

DL - Drury

DM - Crofts

ML - Lappin

MR - Smith

AM - Hoolahan

S - Martin

S - Holt

Subs: Rudd, Whitbread, Gill, McNamee, Jackson, Wilbraham, Johnson

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Ruddy

R.Martin, Barnett, Nelson, Drury

Smith, Crofts, Lappin

Hoolahan

Holt, C.Martin[/quote]Agree with this, however dont think martin will start, not because he had a bad game, he had a good game against QPR just he looked so tired by the end of it, think he may get a rest, jackson upfront- unfortuantly i havnt seen jackson play for us properly yet but i just think martin may get rested- how long is fox out for?

I wouldn''t be too surprised to see ''tenpole'' Tudor featuring at some point

Much will depend on any reactions to the game just two days before. On Saturday some, if not most, of the players looked tired.

The question is whether Whitbread or Drury had any sort of reaction, as neither had played for months.

Our back four were brilliant, and kept a clean sheet against one of the more prolific teams. I would pick the same four again, other things being equal.

I think however that with Barnett available Zac will be given recovery time. It wouldn''t surprise me if Drury played again, if permitted by his dentist, which would allow Lappin to play wide left and Hooly to tip the diamond. The unlucky player would be Wilbraham, who would come on later in the game if necessary.

Will be very interesting to see whether Barnett comes in and who plays in midfield and if we play 433. Currently on the coach and I am buzzing! :) coyy, another away 3 points please!

Just checked and Boro also had their Boxing Day match postponed, so they won''t be any more tired than City players. I would rest Whitbread after such a long injury absence and Drury as well to bring in Lappin with fresh legs. Otherwise I would go for the same as QPR with Jackson coming in with fresh legs when Wilbraham tires. Both Whitbread and Drury on the bench in case we need to defend a lead. OTBC!

only 2 defensive/defensive midfield players and 1 winger and 3 strikers on the bench? I cant see that. I can see OTJ getting the nod for Johnson.

Lord Lambert knows how fit Zac is so will make decision late I''d guess.

I agree with you CJ on Lappin coming back in as even though we were fantastic against QPR it would be a bit brave to be that attack minded away from home.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]only 2 defensive/defensive midfield players and 1 winger and 3 strikers on the bench? I cant see that. I can see OTJ getting the nod for Johnson.

Lord Lambert knows how fit Zac is so will make decision late I''d guess.

I agree with you CJ on Lappin coming back in as even though we were fantastic against QPR it would be a bit brave to be that attack minded away from home.[/quote]

oooppps...thats was in reply to this thread...

GK - Ruddy

DR - R.Martin

DC - Barnett

DC - Nelson

DL - Drury

DM - Crofts

ML - Lappin

MR - Smith

AM - Hoolahan

S - Martin

S - Holt

Subs: Rudd, Whitbread, Gill, McNamee, Jackson, Wilbraham, Johnson

This is the first time for ages (even with our numerous player injuries) I genuinely don''t mind who is selected because we are playing as a total team.

It''s fantastic to have such belief and confidence in what we are likely to achieve. The attitude of our players is noticeably different to those at most other clubs; individually and collectively I think our players know full well they are part of something potentially really special here at the moment...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

This is the first time for ages (even with our numerous player injuries) I genuinely don''t mind who is selected because we are playing as a total team.

It''s fantastic to have such belief and confidence in what we are likely to achieve. The attitude of our players is noticeably different to those at most other clubs; individually and collectively I think our players know full well they are part of something potentially really special here at the moment...

[/quote]

Whitbread / Wilbraham to come out due to being knackered and Lappin / Barnett back in.

He''ll play Lappin LM and Crofts at the base of the diamond, Wesley through the middle and Korey Smith on the right.

So basically Ruddy, R.Martin, Drury, Barnett, Nelson, Smith, Lappin, Crofts, Hoolahan, C.Martin, Holt.

Aparently no Hoolahan, C.Martin on the Bench, Lappin in midfield as well as Tudor Jones, Barnett back in line up, Wilbraham up front with Holt again :/