Sign in to follow this  
Midland Canary

Wayne Thomas

According o tablid talk we are after him!!

Young, strong and highly-rated defender brought in from Torquay for £200,000 in the summer of 2000 after an impressive apprenticeship at Plainmoor.

Wayne was considered one of the Gulls¿ brightest stars and was eyed by many scouts, including our own Director of Football John Rudge.

He missed only five games during 2002/03 and has now passed the 250 milestone of league appearances soon even though still only in his early twenties.

Wayne is adaptable and played many of his earlier games for City at right-back rather than his preferred central defensive role, where his pace and strength stands him in good stead.

Taken from the stoke site!!

[quote]as long as we get somebody[/quote]

What a pathetic attitude to have.

We don''t need anybody. The team we''ve got - with determination, great support and a bit of lady luck - will be able to stay up.

Saying "just as long as we get someone" is a pathetic attitude to have - so you''d welcome anyone into the side? Sheesh!

Wake up people! Transfers aren''t everything! Our injury list is gradually reducing - once we get Charlton, Helveg and Safri back into the side, as well as Holt to full fitness, I''m adament we''ll do alot better.

OTBC!

I admire your optomism Andrew - because we played many games without injury and got soo many points didnt we?

Without a new signings I cant see us getting the points needed to survive

OTBC 

[quote]What a pathetic attitude to have. We don''t need anybody. The team we''ve got - with determination, great support and a bit of lady luck - will be able to stay up. Saying "just as long as we get some...[/quote]

sorry if it seems to have annoyed you but this team that we have is 18th at the moment and all the clubs around us have brought in players. i think we do need somebody. And when you think of all the injuries we have it makes sense to me

[quote]sorry if it seems to have annoyed you but this team that we have is 18th at the moment and all the clubs around us have brought in players. i think we do need somebody. And when you think of all the i...[/quote]

Palace haven''t brought in anyone. WBA have borught in Campbell and Richardson, and Southampton have brought in Quashie, Davenport and Rednapp. We''ve got Ashton.

Seriously, out of all those, who would have improved the side? Ashton is far better than Campbell, Davenport might''ve been useful, but I think Doherty is too similar a player to make him useful and Quashie is nothing compared to Francis. The only signing made by the teams around us that I''m even slightly envious of is Jamie Rednapp. He would''ve made a good signing.

Yes, the clubs around us have brought in players, but they needed to. We have a good squad, a squad capable of beating the other teams, except in one place - up front. We''ve squandered more attempts than I dare think about. But now we have Ashton, and it looks far better for us.

Get Safri, Charlie and Helveg back and into the team, and we stablise our back four and midfield once more. With more hard work, determination and fight, I think we can do it.

[quote]I admire your optomism Andrew - because we played many games without injury and got soo many points didnt we? Without a new signings I cant see us getting the points needed to survive OTBC[/quote]

ZLF - Any where would we get this quality? We can''t click our fingers and poof we get Thierry Henry.

And for your information, yes with the team we''ve got, we''ve actually drawn quite a few games! A few games we''ve been "certain" to loose. Let''s get the old Norwich City back, the Norwich City which was so difficult for teams to break down, pick up the odd point now and then, and totally thrash the lower clubs!

What annoys me is that everyone is pinning their entire hopes and aspirations for the club in 24 hours! It doesn''t work like that! Transfers don''t make a team! All this talk about Bellamy coming to the club for instance, according to a few naieve posters means the difference between staying up and being relegated! I mean come on! We''ve got the ability at the club to stay up - we''ve seen that, albeit irregularly, in the last 12 minutes against Boro, against Bolton, against Newcastle, againts Spurs, and all the other battling times we''ve fought hard and gained an unexpected point.

A bit of hard work, grit, determination and luck is all we need to stay up - and that goes for all four teams down with us.