Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Match chat Middlesbrough v NCFC

I dont like this.  Why rest him today?  3 points and we could go 2nd.  Rest him next weekend in the FA Cup match.

This will fuel the rumours that he is off, perhaps?

And Wilbraham and OTJ?  Lambert expecting a battle out there?

Unofficial team news has Hoolahan out of the squad and Chris Martin on the bench... if true we can only assume Hoolahan picked up a knock (Was in row B of the Jarrold and saw Hoolahan stretching his hamstring before a corner 2nd half) Great to see Barnett back in the side if this rumoured team sheet is true

hope Wes isn''t badly injured or off and would rather C.Martin in midfield again as opposed to Tudor-Jones!

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

I dont like this.  Why rest him today?  3 points and we could go 2nd.  Rest him next weekend in the FA Cup match.

This will fuel the rumours that he is off, perhaps?

And Wilbraham and OTJ?  Lambert expecting a battle out there?

[/quote]

Well Lambert did say his top players are going nowhere, so we have to trust him.

Paddy Davitt: 

Breaking City team news: Three changes to starting line up from Saturday. Out: Whitbread, C Martin and Wes. The Irishman not even on the bench.

In: Lappin, Barnett and Tudur Jones. Team to follow

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Interesting to hear those possible changes. Not going to be an easy game today.
[/quote]

Afternoon hun, you can never tell with Norwich, did better than I could have dreamt on Saturday, we can but hope for a win. [:)]

Disappointed about Wes as he really does bring something different to the game. However we have to recognise his style of play is not suited to every opposition team''s downfall. Lambert, like any manager, will know the best ways to break down the opposition''s defence, as we saw when Pompey came to Carrow Road.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]City: Ruddy, R Martin, Barney, Nelson, Drury, Crofts, Tudur Jones, K Smith, Lappin, Holt, Wilbraham. Subs: Rudd, Gill, Whitbread, Jackson, Johnson, McNamee [/quote]

missing a Sub, were allowed 7 [;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Interesting to hear those possible changes. Not going to be an easy game today.[/quote]

Afternoon hun, you can never tell with Norwich, did better than I could have dreamt on Saturday, we can but hope for a win. [:)]

[/quote]Hi WAY!Too true about Saturday, especially considering we had players out there who''ve not had regular football recently.Knowing City, it''ll be another nail-biter! Who''s in charge of the kettle today?

team news has now been made official...does anyone know what sort of player Tudor-Jones is, attacking or defensive midfielder? he has played so little under Lambert I don''t really know anything about him

All of Surman, Lansbury, Hughes and Hoolahan injured? Someone up there can''t like us, that''s us shot of all our creativity in the middle of the park.Opportunity for Owain to prove that the kind of praise Toshack afforded him was not unwarranted.From the back to the front, that is comprehensively the most nitty gritty team we''ve ever fielded under Lambert.Let''s hope they''ll be running the pitch for a worthwhile cause.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Interesting to hear those possible changes. Not going to be an easy game today.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi WAY!

Too true about Saturday, especially considering we had players out there who''ve not had regular football recently.

Knowing City, it''ll be another nail-biter!

Who''s in charge of the kettle today?
[/quote]

Well Dave has just made a cuppa lol.

Morty hasn''t got a kettle and he said it was too hot for tea last time I was on here lol

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]When you consider at the start of the season we wondered what Lambert was up to with all those midfielders, it''s almost as if he knew....

spooky
[/quote]

Mystic Lambert lol [:D]

Paddy Davitt: 
Bit more on Wes. He is at the ground - confirmed - which you tend to think would downplay any potential transfer window activity involving the Irishman

Wes picked up a slight injury on sat so isn''t being risked probably won''t be risked on saturday either. Interesting team selection it''s time to wait and see. OTJ hasn''t been seen enough by me to judge so hope he does well today.

Or they''ve had an argument on the team coach and Lambert has told him he is out of today''s side ;)

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Wes picked up a slight injury on sat so isn''t being risked probably won''t be risked on saturday either. Interesting team selection it''s time to wait and see. OTJ hasn''t been seen enough by me to judge so hope he does well today.

[/quote]

Same here with regard to OTJ, he has a chance today to prove himself and to get and keep a team place.

Paddy Davitt: 
Boro line up: Steele, Hoyte, Bates, Wheather, Bailey, Kink, Lita, Robson, Arca, Bennett, Emmes. Subs: Coyne, Boyd, Williams, Hines, Franks, McMahon, Smallwood