Sign in to follow this  
kilroyslefteyebrow

Rumour at Turf Moor following the 4-2 win against Sheff Utd. Please tell me it isnt true.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Oddly enough (or not) the expression "punching above our weight" is one much favoured by our impoverished neighbours, conveniently ignoring that they have been consistently borrowing above their weight.

However you spin it, if the manager is getting results then we are achieving then those are at his and the players respective abilities.

I''m glad to see that you now admit that you don''t know the transfer budget. Debt is immaterial (see Man Utd) it is whether those debts are being met. They are.

However that pretty simple fact seems to elude your thought processes in your desperation to have a go at our club. By your reasoning Alex Ferguson should be heading up to Burnley as they have less debts and Burnley have this £5m transfer budget - something you seem to know much about, even though you admitted that you earlier made up the figure about us.

Why you should wish to post up fabricated tosh so as to try and put down our club is for you to know and us to guess at.[/quote]When you say ''our'' club, don''t you mean ''your'' club? It doesn''t seem that you have much affinity towards your fellow City fans based on your recent posts. In fact, it seems like you come on here solely to insult people who don''t agree with you. Honestly, we''re third in the league, performing brilliantly, the debt seems to be manageable, and all you want to do is pick fights with people! Now come on, meet me half way here.[/quote]Yeah, totally!... And it ''would'' all be so great if these $h|11y rumours didn''t consistently amass a flock of gullible dufus''.

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]I totally see your point, but I resent being accused of being fickle. My loyalty to my club is absolute, and I post on here to discuss the club I love. If I see a rumour regarding Lambert leaving, I am concerned, because he is the best manager we''ve had since Martin O''Neill and losing him would be a catastrophe. I understand that giving any credence to the rumours simply fans the flames, but a few posts discussing things that are already in the public domain doesn''t really make me disloyal, does it? If someone has wilfully propagated that rumour based on complete fabrication, then they obviously don''t have the best interests of the club at heart, but some of the accusations that have been levelled at me and other posters who simply discussed it are frankly disproportionate.I''m not here to troll or wind people up, and I''d rather make positive connections with other fans based on all the positive things that are happening at NCFC right now. It does frustrate me that some people seem to be more preoccupied with shooting people down in flames than making allowances, but such is the nature of the world I suppose. Anyway, I have no desire to get into slanging matches with fellow fans, and I agree with your point wholeheartedly (if not your tone of delivery) so let''s all just wait until this has blown over and then look forward with positivity towards our Premiership push, starting with three points tomorrow. [:)][/quote]Disloyalty and fickleness are two totally different things. I''m far from calling thousands of football fans disloyal by calling them fickle am i? The nature of the two is profusely different.I''m sure you do love the club, and that your a loyal supporter at that, however "giving any credence to the rumours" is a sign of fickleness, and it is  contributing factor to what will lead us down an unsavoury path.If Lambert says he''s not going to Burnley or Celtic publicly, trust him. ''Sources'', that could be anything from some jumped up twerp to a squashed tomato, don''t deserve your trust, and it''s a sign of our fans paranoia, how the word of Lambert or McNally is valued when these rumours conjure enough support for the media to posit these questions born out of excessive concern.And that is the kind of concern that will have Lambert concerned about his career here.Working relationships are developed by a host of ingredients, and paranoia certainly isn''t one of them.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Oddly enough (or not) the expression "punching above our weight" is one much favoured by our impoverished neighbours, conveniently ignoring that they have been consistently borrowing above their weight.

However you spin it, if the manager is getting results then we are achieving then those are at his and the players respective abilities.

I''m glad to see that you now admit that you don''t know the transfer budget. Debt is immaterial (see Man Utd) it is whether those debts are being met. They are.

However that pretty simple fact seems to elude your thought processes in your desperation to have a go at our club. By your reasoning Alex Ferguson should be heading up to Burnley as they have less debts and Burnley have this £5m transfer budget - something you seem to know much about, even though you admitted that you earlier made up the figure about us.

Why you should wish to post up fabricated tosh so as to try and put down our club is for you to know and us to guess at.[/quote]When you say ''our'' club, don''t you mean ''your'' club? It doesn''t seem that you have much affinity towards your fellow City fans based on your recent posts. In fact, it seems like you come on here solely to insult people who don''t agree with you. Honestly, we''re third in the league, performing brilliantly, the debt seems to be manageable, and all you want to do is pick fights with people! Now come on, meet me half way here.[/quote]Yeah, totally!... And it ''would'' all be so great if these $h|11y rumours didn''t consistently amass a flock of gullible dufus''.

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]I totally see your point, but I resent being accused of being fickle. My loyalty to my club is absolute, and I post on here to discuss the club I love. If I see a rumour regarding Lambert leaving, I am concerned, because he is the best manager we''ve had since Martin O''Neill and losing him would be a catastrophe. I understand that giving any credence to the rumours simply fans the flames, but a few posts discussing things that are already in the public domain doesn''t really make me disloyal, does it? If someone has wilfully propagated that rumour based on complete fabrication, then they obviously don''t have the best interests of the club at heart, but some of the accusations that have been levelled at me and other posters who simply discussed it are frankly disproportionate.I''m not here to troll or wind people up, and I''d rather make positive connections with other fans based on all the positive things that are happening at NCFC right now. It does frustrate me that some people seem to be more preoccupied with shooting people down in flames than making allowances, but such is the nature of the world I suppose. Anyway, I have no desire to get into slanging matches with fellow fans, and I agree with your point wholeheartedly (if not your tone of delivery) so let''s all just wait until this has blown over and then look forward with positivity towards our Premiership push, starting with three points tomorrow. [:)][/quote]Disloyalty and fickleness are two totally different things. I''m far from calling thousands of football fans disloyal by calling them fickle am i? The nature of the two is profusely different.I''m sure you do love the club, and that your a loyal supporter at that, however "giving any credence to the rumours" is a sign of fickleness, and it is  contributing factor to what will lead us down an unsavoury path.If Lambert says he''s not going to Burnley or Celtic publicly, trust him. ''Sources'', that could be anything from some jumped up twerp to a squashed tomato, don''t deserve your trust, and it''s a sign of our fans paranoia, how the word of Lambert or McNally is valued when these rumours conjure enough support for the media to posit these questions born out of excessive concern.And that is the kind of concern that will have Lambert concerned about his career here.Working relationships are developed by a host of ingredients, and paranoia certainly isn''t one of them.[/quote]I really don''t think a semantic debate is going to do either of us any favours, but in my dictionary ''fickle'' is described as ''changeable, especially when concerning one''s loyalties''. The difference between fickleness and disloyalty is a lot more subtle than you imply. By way of conciliation, I accept that I may be paranoid about losing Lambert, but that''s because I worship the guy - and as such, there''s an inherent hypocrisy in my giving any time or discourse to such rumours. On that front I have learnt something, and on that note I am happy to leave the last word to you if you wish to have it... unless you want to talk semantics, of course [;)]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]I totally see your point, but I resent being accused of being fickle. My loyalty to my club is absolute, and I post on here to discuss the club I love. If I see a rumour regarding Lambert leaving, I am concerned, because he is the best manager we''ve had since Martin O''Neill and losing him would be a catastrophe. I understand that giving any credence to the rumours simply fans the flames, but a few posts discussing things that are already in the public domain doesn''t really make me disloyal, does it? If someone has wilfully propagated that rumour based on complete fabrication, then they obviously don''t have the best interests of the club at heart, but some of the accusations that have been levelled at me and other posters who simply discussed it are frankly disproportionate.I''m not here to troll or wind people up, and I''d rather make positive connections with other fans based on all the positive things that are happening at NCFC right now. It does frustrate me that some people seem to be more preoccupied with shooting people down in flames than making allowances, but such is the nature of the world I suppose. Anyway, I have no desire to get into slanging matches with fellow fans, and I agree with your point wholeheartedly (if not your tone of delivery) so let''s all just wait until this has blown over and then look forward with positivity towards our Premiership push, starting with three points tomorrow. [:)][/quote]Disloyalty and fickleness are two totally different things. I''m far from calling thousands of football fans disloyal by calling them fickle am i? The nature of the two is profusely different.I''m sure you do love the club, and that your a loyal supporter at that, however "giving any credence to the rumours" is a sign of fickleness, and it is  contributing factor to what will lead us down an unsavoury path.If Lambert says he''s not going to Burnley or Celtic publicly, trust him. ''Sources'', that could be anything from some jumped up twerp to a squashed tomato, don''t deserve your trust, and it''s a sign of our fans paranoia, how the word of Lambert or McNally is valued when these rumours conjure enough support for the media to posit these questions born out of excessive concern.And that is the kind of concern that will have Lambert concerned about his career here.Working relationships are developed by a host of ingredients, and paranoia certainly isn''t one of them.[/quote]I really don''t think a semantic debate is going to do either of us any favours, but in my dictionary ''fickle'' is described as ''changeable, especially when concerning one''s loyalties''. The difference between fickleness and disloyalty is a lot more subtle than you imply. By way of conciliation, I accept that I may be paranoid about losing Lambert, but that''s because I worship the guy - and as such, there''s an inherent hypocrisy in my giving any time or discourse to such rumours. On that front I have learnt something, and on that note I am happy to leave the last word to you if you wish to have it... unless you want to talk semantics, of course [;)][/quote]Speaking semantics (booorring, sorry), your right. I fear, in a flawed attempt to convey my argument, i got the definition mixed up with the terminology, concerning fickleness in how one is seized by the word of rumour and not the word of the club, in contrast to the actual following of the club. As you suggest (more eloquently), in an unusual sense they work on a similar level, however there are swathes of fans we both know (and at times, the both of us) that would happily follow their side through the mud, but continue to listen to the whispers of the wrong people on the periphery. There is no real guilt one should rightfully suffer for it, but there are tons of consequences for those having done so, unfortunately.The bitterness that awaits overwhelming love won''t wait forever (... Not that i, like, ''love'' Lambert or anything [:$])....[;)]

Last word, fans of Norwich across the breadth of the nation would be best advised to stay true to their pledge of trust. That''s the environment managers flourish and reel success in, and that''s the kind of environment no one more than Lambert wants.

And bam! We have consensus. I hope you enjoyed that little debate as much as I did. And I think we all love Lambert in a platonic sense... he just inspires that depth of devotion, an emblem of unity after a period of extreme discord.Right, 10 more minutes of the Ashes, off to sleep at the lunch interval, highlights in the morning, three points tomorrow afternoon, and Phil Brown gets appointed on Tuesday. Lovely old job. [:)]

[quote user="Larry David"]Phil Brown is now Evens. Don''t worry yourselves [:$][/quote]Never thought that he would be tempted by a club like Burnley tbh, he has something special going here and we have the infrastructure in place to be a prem club. I couldn''t imagine anyone in their right mind would leave what they had here to go and work in an environment like they''d have at Burnley, they''re not big enough for him to even consider leaving here for imo.

[quote user="John"][quote user="The ſhroud of Turin"][quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]That and the board being totally honest with him. Giving him money that can be afforded with no BS. And not forcing him to sell players against his will.IF Lambert leaves somewhere down the line.  Least consciences will be clear that nothing more could have been done to keep him. [/quote]And what did McNally reassure us?Trust, it works on every level, and it has to be the one consistency that runs through the club.If anyone at the club makes a statement, don''t just take a note, take it for its word, or the dominos will fall.[/quote]Yes I know he did.  Lambert was the one who chose to say that if anybody was sold behind his back, there''d be a problem.  So I''ll trust that if the board shafts him just once, he''ll **** off.

I lived near Burnley for 20 years and have just returned from New Year there. Most of my mates up there are ardent Burnley fans. My best mate had this pearl of wisdom when I suggested they should leave Lambert alone...

"He didn''t want to join us when we were in the Premiership, I very much doubt he''d come to us now!"

He has a very valid point I think....

",,, if anybody was sold behind his back, there''d be a problem."

And if a player leaves because a clause in his contract allows him to, if another club offers to double or treble the players wages ...... ?

Or should we still regard the board as the wicked uncle constantly twirling his moustache whilst the rest of the club is tied to the rail tracks and Delia sits on the side playing melodramatic music on the piano ?