Sign in to follow this  
kilroyslefteyebrow

Rumour at Turf Moor following the 4-2 win against Sheff Utd. Please tell me it isnt true.

every job that becomes available, paul seems to be linked.This may be a thread killer, he has committed himself to us, those clubs can knock at the door, but no one is answering. Promotion to the premier league [i will not call it premiership, an americanism] or stability in the championship is the minimum requirement. If that cannot be delivered then fair enough.

[quote user="paulinhudds"]every job that becomes available, paul seems to be linked.
This may be a thread killer, he has committed himself to us, those clubs can knock at the door, but no one is answering. Promotion to the premier league [i will not call it premiership, an americanism] or stability in the championship is the minimum requirement. If that cannot be delivered then fair enough.
[/quote]

Let''s hope so...

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[quote user="paulinhudds"]every job that becomes available, paul seems to be linked.
This may be a thread killer, he has committed himself to us, those clubs can knock at the door, but no one is answering. Promotion to the premier league [i will not call it premiership, an americanism] or stability in the championship is the minimum requirement. If that cannot be delivered then fair enough.
[/quote]

Let''s hope so...

[/quote]

Sorry, the player ratings thread has got me cross and caused me to reply without counting to 10 first. Feel free to carry on speculating on more crap rumours without an ounce of truth in them to feed the half-baked paranoia of the more insecure posters on this forum...oh there I go again.

we got a good gaffer, if other clubs want his services then so be it. he''s said he aint going, Would be gutted if he did leave us. He''s got a squad that a: want to play for him and b: want to play for the clubIf the unthinkable happened, who could replace paul?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]oh dear! i cant believe anyone even thinks this is genuine!

accrington yellow is a user name made up by some bored binner...

Paul Lambert would walk out of a club 3rd in the division to manage a crock of shy*e lower half side who are more likely to be league 1 before they are premiership would he?

some people have been at the Christmas Alcohol.
[/quote]

Agree with that, and they need to lay off the pop

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]oh dear! i cant believe anyone even thinks this is genuine!

accrington yellow is a user name made up by some bored binner...

Paul Lambert would walk out of a club 3rd in the division to manage a crock of shy*e lower half side who are more likely to be league 1 before they are premiership would he?

some people have been at the Christmas Alcohol.
[/quote]

Er, could this be the same club that are actually eighth in the table, one point off play offs, played us off the park for the first half of their match down here, still have a number of damn good players and a shedload more cash than we have?? Yeah - well and truly ''shyte'' aren''t they!! PL may well stay here as I expect him to but I also believe Burnley will make the play offs. Take your yellow tinted shades off and start giving a bit of credit where it''s due mate.

[quote user="paulinhudds"]we got a good gaffer, if other clubs want his services then so be it. he''s said he aint going, Would be gutted if he did leave us. He''s got a squad that a: want to play for him and b: want to play for the club

If the unthinkable happened, who could replace paul?
[/quote]

Ian Culverhouse but he aint going yet once we are promoted ar start to drop off then maybe

"The reason why the bookies are certain he''s off as well." - we are yellows49

Eh !

The bookies DO NOT set odds based on the probability of something happening or what they think will happen. The odds are set by what bets are laid by the punters ....

....... the clue is in the name, BOOKIES (bookmakers)

Definetly not a binner!!. Only registered yesterday as i saw the guy''s post and that he lives local to me. I use wrath mostly.

What i would say about Burnley, is that they have a very good squad of players who should be at least in the play off''s by the end of the season. We are overacheiving at present and need better squad players to progress, but our transfer budget doesnt accomadate for this. With a transfer budget of £5m for the next Burnley manager, and for family reasons, these could be the factors in him joining Burnley. I still think its highley unlikely and Burnley dont often go for managers who are already with a club and have to fork out compensation. Brown or big Sam will get the job.

Off to boro tomorrow for what will be my 8th game of the season [7 of which away from home].

OTBC

[quote user="City1st"]"The reason why the bookies are certain he''s off as well." - we are yellows49

Eh !

The bookies DO NOT set odds based on the probability of something happening or what they think will happen. The odds are set by what bets are laid by the punters ....

....... the clue is in the name, BOOKIES (bookmakers)[/quote]Not really true that , nobody can have a bet untill the bookies have made a book on an event , they will make a book on who they think the likely candidates are and then the prices will alter with the amount of money taken or any other info that might come to hand .

[quote user="Accrington yellow"]

Definetly not a binner!!. Only registered yesterday as i saw the guy''s post and that he lives local to me. I use wrath mostly.

What i would say about Burnley, is that they have a very good squad of players who should be at least in the play off''s by the end of the season. We are overacheiving at present and need better squad players to progress, but our transfer budget doesnt accomadate for this. With a transfer budget of £5m for the next Burnley manager, and for family reasons, these could be the factors in him joining Burnley. I still think its highley unlikely and Burnley dont often go for managers who are already with a club and have to fork out compensation. Brown or big Sam will get the job.

Off to boro tomorrow for what will be my 8th game of the season [7 of which away from home].

OTBC

[/quote]Family reasons! ? Am I missing something here? Since when has Burnley been in Scotland!?

"We are overacheiving at present and need better squad players to progress, but our transfer budget doesnt accomadate for this"]

Absolute sh!te !

If we are over achieving (as you claim) then we will need better players to merely remain where we are.

Perhaps you might care to tell us all what our transfer budget is - and why you have been informed of this whereas almost everyone has not been informed.

Or maybe tell us why Lambert would be joining (because of ''factors'') a club that you later state, DOESN''T go for managers already in a job ?

As to how good a squad is their results will determine that - not trolls on forums.

[quote user="Wxyz"][quote user="City1st"]"The reason why the bookies are certain he''s off as well." - we are yellows49

Eh !

....... the clue is in the name, BOOKIES (bookmakers)[/quote]Not really true that , nobody can have a bet untill the bookies have made a book on an event , they will make a book on who they think the likely candidates are and then the prices will alter with the amount of money taken or any other info that might come to hand .[/quote]

but lamberts odds started at 25-1 so its obious he is only 2-1 because of the punters

"Not really true that , nobody can have a bet untill the bookies have made a book on an event , they will make a book on who they think the likely candidates are and then the prices will alter with the amount of money taken or any other info that might come to hand"

Might I suggest that the idea of adding evidence to an argument is to back up your claim - not to reinforce what you are disagreeing with.

Now if I was a Forest fan I would be seriously worried it is reported that the likes of Earnshaw have been asked to take a pay cut and suddenly Davies is being backed off the boards for the Preston job

[quote user="City1st"]"We are overacheiving at present and need better squad players to progress, but our transfer budget doesnt accomadate for this"] Absolute sh!te ! If we are over achieving (as you claim) then we will need better players to merely remain where we are. Perhaps you might care to tell us all what our transfer budget is - and why you have been informed of this whereas almost everyone has not been informed. Or maybe tell us why Lambert would be joining (because of ''factors'') a club that you later state, DOESN''T go for managers already in a job ? As to how good a squad is their results will determine that - not trolls on forums.[/quote]

Calm down!! why such the harsh response?! no need for that at all. Last time i checked, this was called a forum?

We are punching above our weight at present and this is down to great management, which we have not been blessed with for a long time now. This is a positive not a negative. I dont know what our transfer budget is but it cant be great based on our level of debt and previous signings As i said, i think its unlikely Lambert would go to Burnley as they dont normally go for managers who are currently in management, but if they did, he may be tempted, as he will no doubt have more resources [better transfer budget, no debt] to get a team into the premier league.

Burnley may have money but they can''t afford to spend to much because on crowds of 15k their annual turnover is around 10 million less than ours so they need it to subsidise the running of the club. A club that can only attract the kind of support they can will find it much harder to compete at a decent level for a sustained period of time in todays football world unless they have a sugar daddy, if Burnley don''t get promoted either this or next season they could well drop down to the lower reaches of the division again when the money runs out.

More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Oddly enough (or not) the expression "punching above our weight" is one much favoured by our impoverished neighbours, conveniently ignoring that they have been consistently borrowing above their weight.

However you spin it, if the manager is getting results then we are achieving then those are at his and the players respective abilities.

I''m glad to see that you now admit that you don''t know the transfer budget. Debt is immaterial (see Man Utd) it is whether those debts are being met. They are.

However that pretty simple fact seems to elude your thought processes in your desperation to have a go at our club. By your reasoning Alex Ferguson should be heading up to Burnley as they have less debts and Burnley have this £5m transfer budget - something you seem to know much about, even though you admitted that you earlier made up the figure about us.

Why you should wish to post up fabricated tosh so as to try and put down our club is for you to know and us to guess at.

[quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Oddly enough (or not) the expression "punching above our weight" is one much favoured by our impoverished neighbours, conveniently ignoring that they have been consistently borrowing above their weight.

However you spin it, if the manager is getting results then we are achieving then those are at his and the players respective abilities.

I''m glad to see that you now admit that you don''t know the transfer budget. Debt is immaterial (see Man Utd) it is whether those debts are being met. They are.

However that pretty simple fact seems to elude your thought processes in your desperation to have a go at our club. By your reasoning Alex Ferguson should be heading up to Burnley as they have less debts and Burnley have this £5m transfer budget - something you seem to know much about, even though you admitted that you earlier made up the figure about us.

Why you should wish to post up fabricated tosh so as to try and put down our club is for you to know and us to guess at.[/quote]When you say ''our'' club, don''t you mean ''your'' club? It doesn''t seem that you have much affinity towards your fellow City fans based on your recent posts. In fact, it seems like you come on here solely to insult people who don''t agree with you. Honestly, we''re third in the league, performing brilliantly, the debt seems to be manageable, and all you want to do is pick fights with people! Now come on, meet me half way here.

I have the same affinity to fellow City fans as I''m sure other club''s fans have to their fellow club fans.

Oddly enough you seem only to be concerned about threads that have Lambert joining Burnley

Maybe the reason for your concerns over those posts lie in the first sentence.

Can I just say this about  us overachieving.  IT''S COMPLETE BOLLOX.  Lambert is a manager who has a mindset of, go out and attack and try and win every ****ing game.  None of this Worthington defensive crud of go for a draw and run it into the corners with 15 minutes to go.I am 100% sure that Lambert team talks are, you are good enough to win this league, so bloody well go out there and prove it.Overachieving my fat hairy arse.

[quote user="City1st"]I have the same affinity to fellow City fans as I''m sure other club''s fans have to their fellow club fans.

Oddly enough you seem only to be concerned about threads that have Lambert joining Burnley

Maybe the reason for your concerns over those posts lie in the first sentence.[/quote]No, that''s not true. I''ve been posting in lots of different threads on lots of different subjects. I freely admit that I got sucked in by the Burnley rumours, and was probably a little naive to do so... I was just a bit paranoid about losing Lambert I guess. Now let''s draw a line under this and talk positives... there''s plenty of them about.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Why you should wish to post up fabricated tosh so as to try and put down our club is for you to know and us to guess at.[/quote]When you say ''our'' club, don''t you mean ''your'' club? It doesn''t seem that you have much affinity towards your fellow City fans based on your recent posts. In fact, it seems like you come on here solely to insult people who don''t agree with you. Honestly, we''re third in the league, performing brilliantly, the debt seems to be manageable, and all you want to do is pick fights with people! Now come on, meet me half way here.[/quote]Yeah, totally!... And it ''would'' all be so great if these $h|11y rumours didn''t consistently amass a flock of gullible dufus''.

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Why you should wish to post up fabricated tosh so as to try and put down our club is for you to know and us to guess at.[/quote]When you say ''our'' club, don''t you mean ''your'' club? It doesn''t seem that you have much affinity towards your fellow City fans based on your recent posts. In fact, it seems like you come on here solely to insult people who don''t agree with you. Honestly, we''re third in the league, performing brilliantly, the debt seems to be manageable, and all you want to do is pick fights with people! Now come on, meet me half way here.[/quote]Yeah, totally!... And it ''would'' all be so great if these $h|11y rumours didn''t consistently amass a flock of gullible dufus''.

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]Oh! And that thread by the way? It was suggesting a ''campaign'' against the club, and as absurd as it was, posters on here actually ''supported'' it.That is not an indication of a healthy relationship, nor club.Clubs are going to want to pull Lambert out of this club, and it''s stuff like that that is going help them by giving him a push out.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]That and the board being totally honest with him. Giving him money that can be afforded with no BS. And not forcing him to sell players against his will.IF Lambert leaves somewhere down the line.  Least consciences will be clear that nothing more could have been done to keep him.

[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"][quote user="John"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="City1st"]More absolute sh!te ! (calmly typed)

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]That and the board being totally honest with him. Giving him money that can be afforded with no BS. And not forcing him to sell players against his will.IF Lambert leaves somewhere down the line.  Least consciences will be clear that nothing more could have been done to keep him. [/quote]And what did McNally reassure us?Trust, it works on every level, and it has to be the one consistency that runs through the club.If anyone at the club makes a statement, don''t just take a note, take it for it''s word, or the domino''s will fall.

Any sensible City fan would obviously be on your side, ''if'' these rumours were not damaging to the balance of trust that resonates throughout the club. As soon as these things gather pace McNally, Lambert, or anyone associated with the club in a senior position, has the responsibility of throwing rumours off, and providing another thorough reassurance to the host of fans on the brink of wetting their pants.Though given both the Holt and Hoolahan situations, it has become quite clear the majority of fans that profess "In Lamber We Trust", do anything but. A sickeningly cheaply dished declaration that completely undermines each and every one who says it. The current regime, and the success it has provided in it''s constant endeavour over the past year or so deserves a lot better than that two-faced c*@p.It''s disgraceful. I encountered another thread along a similar wavelength last night, and to be honest they''ve been frequently occurring ever since we became a success story. Shut up! Like any relationship, if you keep up this relentless urge of suspicion, you''ll probably be watching your nightmares play out to a tee soon enough.Fickle football fans really do p|$$ me off sometimes, and i''m seeing far too many of them on here at the moment for it not to be of a concern.Trust. That is the best hope we have of keeping Lambert.[/quote]I totally see your point, but I resent being accused of being fickle. My loyalty to my club is absolute, and I post on here to discuss the club I love. If I see a rumour regarding Lambert leaving, I am concerned, because he is the best manager we''ve had since Martin O''Neill and losing him would be a catastrophe. I understand that giving any credence to the rumours simply fans the flames, but a few posts discussing things that are already in the public domain doesn''t really make me disloyal, does it? If someone has wilfully propagated that rumour based on complete fabrication, then they obviously don''t have the best interests of the club at heart, but some of the accusations that have been levelled at me and other posters who simply discussed it are frankly disproportionate.I''m not here to troll or wind people up, and I''d rather make positive connections with other fans based on all the positive things that are happening at NCFC right now. It does frustrate me that some people seem to be more preoccupied with shooting people down in flames than making allowances, but such is the nature of the world I suppose. Anyway, I have no desire to get into slanging matches with fellow fans, and I agree with your point wholeheartedly (if not your tone of delivery) so let''s all just wait until this has blown over and then look forward with positivity towards our Premiership push, starting with three points tomorrow. [:)]