Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Like yours Banana? PICKING NORWICH RESULTS DOES NOT HELP THE PICKER NO ONE PICKS NORWICH IN THE FINAL 6

I want to have a chance to pick next season, so of course i want to be high in the table, its quite clearly the reason anyone puts in a selection after the 6 have been picked. This is mean''t to be a friendly thread, so don''t bring your stupid comments into it please.

Unlucky this week, probably not a good week to come in after a win. Have we ever done two on the trot?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Like yours Banana? PICKING NORWICH RESULTS DOES NOT HELP THE PICKER NO ONE PICKS NORWICH IN THE FINAL 6 I want to have a chance to pick next season, so of course i want to be high in the table, its quite clearly the reason anyone puts in a selection after the 6 have been picked. This is mean''t to be a friendly thread, so don''t bring your stupid comments into it please. Unlucky this week, probably not a good week to come in after a win. Have we ever done two on the trot?[/quote]

Yet in theory this should be the team we have the most imformation about so why not? Just superstition?

Pot Kettle black!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]PICKING NORWICH RESULTS DOES NOT HELP THE PICKER NO ONE PICKS NORWICH IN THE FINAL 6 [/quote]

Yes it does help the picker.

a) I have better knowledge of norwich than anyother team in the world (appart from the team i manager [;)])

b) It gives the picker a DIFFERENT option to Barca.

c) with norwich in the form they are it is suprising they are not picked.

Gutted is the only word to describe how I feel at the moment. The first thing I did after leaving the Carra was check the scores. The only result I couldn''t find was Telford. I''ve just found it out. I have to be honest it has put a real downer on the day.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, it has been a real pleasure to pick the big 6. I really wanted to bring the hat-trick home, but it wasn''t to be.

On the bright side City are now 3rd and looking good.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]PICKING NORWICH RESULTS DOES NOT HELP THE PICKER NO ONE PICKS NORWICH IN THE FINAL 6 [/quote]

Yes it does help the picker.

a) I have better knowledge of norwich than anyother team in the world (appart from the team i manager [;)])

b) It gives the picker a DIFFERENT option to Barca.

c) with norwich in the form they are it is suprising they

are not picked.

[/quote]

By that logic, i should pick barcs every week, because i know how they play...

My selection for once was late, so why shouldn''t i pick Barca?

[quote user="Gingerpele"] By that logic, i should pick barcs every week, because i know how they play... My selection for once was late, so why shouldn''t i pick Barca?[/quote]

I know how barca play, but i know more about norwich so i pick them. I know how arsenal play and dont nap them!

So by picking barca as you know how they play you support them more than norwich!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Norwich change how they play...... Barca don''t.....[/quote]

norwich changehow they play, but because im a fan and go to all home games if they do play different i can still predict the outcome!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]And dont you dare question my support of Norwich[/quote]

oh sorry, you just seem so into barca and you never mentioned norwich!

Really unlucky, Hissing Sid.

That Telford game looked so promising on paper! [:(]

Looking at the Championship table does cheer me up! [:)]

Doubly gutted. My choice came bad,so not only do we lose, but my personal winning streak comes to an end. Thats life. Anyway unlucky Sid and happy new year all.

Unlucky Sid my friend. We were never going to win this week. For us to record a win most things have to go in our favour. This week there wasn''t enough in our favour as I''m sure the stats will prove. Thank you again for a tremendous effort and I look forward to you getting another turn next season.

I''ll be back soon withe the stats.

54 of us picked this weekend with 41 correct making a success rate of 76%. Between us we gave Sid 24 different selections with 16 winning making a success rate of 67%. So as I suspected the stats show that Sid did as well as we did as a group with his 4-6 which was also 67%

Thanks again Sid I hope you enjoyed the week despite the disappointment in the end. Not enough went in our favour this weekend but we will all be back next week trying to Rays more funds for FONCY when our friend Obiwancanary will be in charge and making the final selections.

Graham is back clear at the top of our league after Cherub and Cosmic slipped up. Purple enters having qualified through picking in 50% of the weeks available. Here is the latest table: -

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Graham Humphrey[*] 20-22 91
Canary Cherub 19-22 86
Cosmic Twin 19-22 86
Norfolkbroadslim 19-22 86
Trent Canary 19-22 86
Scooby 18-21 86
Beauseant 16-19 84
Ginger Pele 18-22 82
Mr. Bump 18-22 82
Newyorkcanary 18-22 82
Norfolkchance1 18-22 82

PurpleCanary 9-11 82
Herman 13-16 81
Inch High 17-22 77
Muddy funster 17-22 77
Statto 17-22 77
Jimbo Jetset 15-20 75
Lappinitup 15-20 75
Excited Canary 12-16 75
Duncan Edwards 14-19 74
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 14-19 74
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 16-22 73
Davo 16-22 73
Diesel Doris 16-22 73
Til 1010 16-22 73
Chelle 15-21 71
Hughesy 15-21 71
Jed Exodus 15-21 71
Sports Desk - Pete 15-21 71
City-Til-I-Die 14-20 70
Big Slob 11-16 69
Fonejacker 15-22 68
1st Wazzock 14-21 67
Charlie Farlie 14-21 67
Pboro_Canary 14-21 67
Sparkos 14-21 67

Dogger 8-12 67
methcanary 14-22 64
Tony Da''Wonderful 14-22 64

Delia''s Devonshire.. 9-14 64
Shack Attack 10-16 63
Leedscanary 13-21 62
Obiwancanary 11-18 61
Fellas 12-20 60
GMF 12-20 60

Scrimmage 9-15 60
Hissing Sid 13-22 59
NCFCStar 13-22 59
Berkshire Canary 7-12 58
Cityangel 12-21 57
Yankee Canary 12-21 57
Jellytot 10-19 53
Mister Chops 10-19 53

The Butler 9-17 53
I''m A Banana 11-22 50
Brendan 10-20 50
Kathy 10-20 50

WITS 9-18 50
Smudger 6-12 50

Unlucky this week Sid, but we march on, and I''m sure we''ll have success again very soon!I''m continuing my slow march up the table, hopefully going unnoticed until I grab victory at the end of the season.....or not!