Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty two of the free bet season. This week we have another of our longest serving  PUPs and great friend of the Free Bet Hissing Sid in charge and making the final selections. Sid has been with us practically from the start and has been a really consistent picker in that time with a strike rate close to 70% over all that time. Those of you who attend our meets will have met Hissing Sid and will agree with me when I say he is a top man as well as picker. And last season when Hissing Sid did his stint in the desert he left me his free bet selections for the remainder of the season. This is the mark of how committed he is to our threads. This spirit coupled with Billy’s generous sponsorship is the reason why these threads go from strength to strength.

Now Sid has a hard act to follow because his turn follows two winning weeks. I have every confidence that Hissing Sid is just the man to oversee a hat-trick but to do so he will need the help of all of us PUPs. The fixtures we have to choose from are those played on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd January. Once again we need to be wary of the weather although it’s looking likely that we will have a wider selection this weekend. The success of the last two weeks has much to do with the quality of selections you PUPs have given Fonejacker and Graham with over 90% correct in both weeks. Don’t forget that there’s lots of good information available in our PUPs Library on the NCISA  web site.

It would be great to start the new year with a win just like we finished the old year with a win. But whatever happens this week I know there will be much more success for us PUPs in 2011. I’d like to thank all you PUPs and you’re your help and support during 2010 and wish you and your families very happy, healthy and safe New Year.

I’ll hand the free bet over to Hissing Sid now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Ian... the free bet is yours.......[:)]..........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, yes Norfolkchance1 £1168 for the Academy,so far.

Well i''ve looked up the weather forecasts and it looks like this should be on;

AFC TELFORD V Stafford Rangers

1st v 20th and no away wins for SR and Telford on a 5 game winning streak!

Good luck Hissing Sid and all PUPs[Y]

With a lot of countries seasons having a bit of a break over the new year, it can only be England or Spain unless you go really obscure with a bit more research. Due to this, I am going to Spain, with Champions Barcelona to beat lowly Levante.Barcelona have won all of their last 8 games, whereas Levante have only won 2, losing 5 and drawing 1. Barcelona have only lost one home game this campaign which was on the opening day, since then they have won 6 and drawn 1. On the other hand, Levante''s away form is very poor winning just 1, losing 5 and drawing 2. The odds may not be the best, but this really is a home banker (i''ve cursed it now) [Y]Thanks Nutty, you did see my message saying I am able to do that date didn''t you?Good luck to all PUPs especially Hissing Sid. Let''s get a New Years win for dear Ray[:)] [Y]

Well I had written Barcelona down as my pick this week but a quick look down the selections and I''ve decided to scrap that one and go with....

Chelsea - Aston Villa......Home win.

Good luck to Sid and the very best of new years to all my fellow pups.[Y]

Uh-oh, it''s time!!

Evening all. Thanks Nutty for those kind words. Could I start by saying that it is a great honour to be asked to pick the big 6. I''m really looking forward to the challenge of finding the right fixtures and hopefully bring the hat-trick home.

Keep the selections coming, each and every one will be considered. I''ll post the final 6 on early on Friday evening, then it''s fingers crossed time.

I''d also like to wish all you lovely PUPs a very Happy New Year.

Right, on we go. My pick this week will be from the Conference and

AFC Wimbledon v Hayes & Yeading - Home Win.

Good luck all, let''s bring that hat-trick in.

Following his recent visit to have a metal insertion(and not where i would like to put it i hasten to add)[:O] a very good evening to Robocop and good luck to Hissing Sid and all you other PUPs out there.

A big bottle job this week in a bid to slowly but surely climb my way up the PUPs league it just has to be a home win for BARCELONA(1/16) v Levante(28/1)

Its the Blue Square Premier for me this week and

Crawley Town to win at home against Eastbourne.

Good luck Sid and all PUPs. Also a Happy New Year to you all.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Following his recent visit to have a metal insertion(and not where i would like to put it i hasten to add)[:O] a very good evening to Robocop and good luck to Hissing Sid and all you other PUPs out there.

A big bottle job this week in a bid to slowly but surely climb my way up the PUPs league it just has to be a home win for BARCELONA(1/16) v Levante(28/1)

[/quote]

Looks like someone is more interested in doing well in the pups league rather than help the main Picker (Barca already been picked 4/5 time, where is the variety??)

Norwich as normal for me.

I think it all depends on how well adel taraabt plays and he seems to play well one game have a poor game the next. Last time out he scored 2, and played a part in the other 2 goals in their 4-0 win over swansea.

So i think he will have a poor game (touch wood) and we will WIN!!!

Norwich City Vs Queens Park Rangers Home Win!

I''ve been away over Christmas and I want to congratulate Graham with his fine win last week!

As for this week it''s off to sunny Spain for me but not to Barcelona.

I''m off to the small town of Villareal.

Villareal are W7 D1 L0 GF18 GA3

Almeria are W2 D2 L4 GF7 GA7

Sorry GP but I see a Villareal win this week.

All the best Sid!

Davo

BSP for me this week

CAMBRIDGE UTD -v- Histon HOME WIN

Good Luck Sid and all you Lovely PUPs, here''s hoping for the hat-trick and wishing everyone connected with this fantastic thread a Happy,Healthy and Prosperous NewYear xx

I''m off to Portugal who have their League Cup this weekend.  It''s different from ours in that it only includes the sides in the top division.  There are a couple of decent looking picks there and mine is

FC Porto  v  Nacional  (home win)

Nacional are only 6 places below Porto but there are 17 points between them.  Not hard to see why - Nacional have scored 14 goals all season while Porto have 32.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I''m off to Portugal who have their League Cup this weekend.  It''s different from ours in that it only includes the sides in the top division. 

[/quote]

NO it isn''t, it''s the quarter final so naturally mostly top division sides are left in, oh wake up dopey [:$][:D]

Israel for me this week, 4th place Hapoel Kiryat Shmona to win away at 2nd from bottom Bnei Sakhnin on Saturday.

Stats are: Kiryat W7, D5, L3 Goal Dif +9

Bnei Sakhnin W2, D2, L11, G/D -17

Good luck to Hissing Sid and all PUPs and Happy New Year to you all when it arrives.

MC

I''m going for a home win for Telford Utd v. Stafford Rangers.

Telford are W6 D2 L1 F20 A8  at home and Stafford are W0 D1 L6 F2 A13 away.

Good Luck, Hissing Sid!

And wishing all PUPs a very Happy New Year!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]*Picking Norwich doesn''t help the picker, nearly everyone rules out picking Norwich because its such a risk.....[/quote]its another choice though!

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="canary cherub "]

I''m off to Portugal who have their League Cup this weekend.  It''s different from ours in that it only includes the sides in the top division. 

[/quote]

NO it isn''t, it''s the quarter final so naturally mostly top division sides are left in, oh wake up dopey [:$][:D]

[/quote]Looks like you were right the first time! It contains teams from all three leagues - In this round the top 8 teams from Div 1 join 8 other qualifiers in a round-robin phase. The group winners go through to a semi-final and final. Last years final was between Porto and Benfica so it must be taken partly seriously by the big teamshttp://www.soccerway.com/national/portugal/league-cup/2010-2011/2nd-group-stage/