Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Proxy server for Radio Norfolk?

I believe people in the US can get Radio Norfolk commentary so I thought maybe I could listen by using a US proxy server. But when I try this I get the error message ''To play this stream you need to enable JavaScript.'' I have Javascript enabled so I''m guessing I need a proxy server that is enabled for Java? If anybody knows of such a proxy server or what I need to fix this error it would be appreciated.

I''ve seen 1 or 2 comments from American Canaries suggesting they listen to live commentary on Radio Norfolk - I think its a regional block that they put on us in England due to broadcasting rights. But I figure there must be a way around it.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I believe people in the US can get Radio Norfolk commentary so I thought maybe I could listen by using a US proxy server. But when I try this I get the error message ''To play this stream you need to enable JavaScript.'' I have Javascript enabled so I''m guessing I need a proxy server that is enabled for Java? If anybody knows of such a proxy server or what I need to fix this error it would be appreciated.[/quote]It means client-side scripting is disabled, look for one which specifically says it''s enabled.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I believe people in the US can get Radio Norfolk commentary so I thought maybe I could listen by using a US proxy server. But when I try this I get the error message ''To play this stream you need to enable JavaScript.'' I have Javascript enabled so I''m guessing I need a proxy server that is enabled for Java? If anybody knows of such a proxy server or what I need to fix this error it would be appreciated.[/quote]

Whenever we stay in the States we use a US server and cannot hear Radio Norfolk during commentary (same as here in Essex) or access any of the videos on the BBC site. I haven''t found a proxy yet to allow me to listen but would have thought it would have to be located near Norwich.

This time last year I lived in Hampshire....Belive me, you cant get a proxy server to listen to Snorfolk online I spent hours trying to get it online and it simply wont happen ! :(Best was when Norwich came to Saints and I could listen to the Saints on Solent. Shame we played 3 lost 3 vs them last year ! LoL

Canary player

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/player/Home

is only £4($6) a month