Sign in to follow this  
Canary_on_the Trent

Boro report.

1st off, fantastic away following once again, difficult to say how many but well over 1,000 i''d imagine. Boro support was possibly the worst i''ve ever seen, ground not even half full and those who were there didn''t back their team at all, the only noise I heard was a roar when a corner was won or a groan at poor play or a refereeing decision.

Ruddy - 7, no chance with the goal but took crosses calmly and a couple of decent saves

R.Martin - 6, solid again and supported in attack but not at his recent best, unlucky with the deflection but fantastic block soon after.

Barnett - 8, rock, I know whitbread was outstanding against QPR but the athleticism of Leon is cruical

Nelson - 8, not pretty but again does his job admirably.

Drury - 7, usual Drury

K.Smith - 7, great engine and work rate, superb in the 2nd half

Crofts - 6, looks a little jaded to me but got through a lot of work.

Tudor-Jones - 6, unlucky to be subbed but 1 of the midfield 4 had to go imo.

Lappin - 6, up and down, left to right as usual and linked well but not enough crosses into the box.

Wilbraham - 7, only deprived an 8 because he tired late on, this is what he was signed for! won most of his headers, assist for the goal and really unlucky to see his effort hit the post. Ran himself to the ground and looked shattered at the end.

Holt - 7, not at his best and looked tired to me but put himself about and got a goal.

C.Martin - 5, as poor as i''ve seen him, really, really sloppy in possession.

Jackson - 6, looked lively and his pace caused problems.

Not the best display really, the midfield selection was negative from Lambert and invited pressure onto us in the 1st half and as soon as we went to the diamond we dominated the start of the 2nd half but the substitution of Holt set us back and the side really looked jaded; the xmas period with the injuries had caught up with them. City in the past would have lost today but we dug in and ground out another point away from home.

Lack of creativity and pace today without Wes, Lansbury, Fox & Surman.

thanks for the report, its amazing how much we have achieved so far considering all the injuries, we now have a just under a 2 week break from the league and hopefully some of the missing players will be back for us to really push on further!