Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Chris martins is our best finisher?

He is not a lazy workshy tosser, you obviously don''t watch him properly at all...ONE example of him not chasing down a player (and that was pretty much the only time Ho;t actually ran in the first half), and how do you know he wasn''t told not to? Maybe his job was to stay out in that space....

Jackson doesn''t do anything with the ball, which is why he went off, running without any produce means nothing what so ever.

Tell ya what GP, sometimes I wish I listened to radio norfolk more, then I would have a better idea of things.I mean, sitting 30 foot from the likes of Martin week in and week out just goes to show you dont really get to see what actually goes on !!!Think we need to conceed that we know nothing and Martin is work shy !!!

* bangs head on table *

Chris Martin sometimes doesn''t get enough shooting opportunities in a game, but when he''s within shooting range he is a good finisher. He''s pretty deadly with free kicks too. The number of times he''s been standing over the ball about to take a free kick, and I''m thinking this is a goal, is quite often. Chris Martin and Grant Holt would be the first choice strikers in most teams in The Championship. It''s a pity the same can''t be said of a certain Mr Jackson!

Maybe we just need to see Chris Martin a bit more busy in some games - giving our opponents defenders a bit more to worry about.

one example of him not chasing down!! ffs there are at least 3 times each half that happens he IS lazy and as for this best finisher thing its absolute bull he isnt!

The reason Martin stays up front by himself and doesn''t close down as much (in my eyes) is for two reasons:Firstly you always need one striker up front, otherwise whats the point of playing them? and with Holt dropping back so often Martin is required to stay up front by himself.Secondly look who he''s playing with, Grant Holt is one of the best when it comes to dropping back for cover and he enjoys doing it are you seriously going to tell me Martin (who doesn''t like dropping back) should say to Holt ''nah, don''t worry I''ve got this'' Holt will ignore him and then you have no strikers up front!Anyway this is all redundant because Martin does drop back and he does try hard I remember against Ipsh**t he chased a hopeless ball going out for a throw in caught up with it and back heeled it back into play and against Sheffield Utd. he spent the final few mins as a left midfielder!Martin isn''t as lazy as so many claim and quite frankly it''s very, very annoying!

Chris Martin is only ''lazy'' because he has to be, if you people would rather we had no strikers because Martin and Holt are chasing the ball back into midfield then you don''t have a clue. Martin is without a doubt the best finisher at the club, but for one reason or another the chances arent falling to him but when the do i''m confident he will finish them. His touch looked off Tuesday, but he has the ability to be a top class footballer if things fall in place.

Hmm, well Martin is probably the best finisher. But if we had a chance I''d probably rather Holt be on it, a 1v1 for example. Because he is always so composed and can take it round the goalie with ease, although Martin is still a good finisher x

If anyone still thinks Chris Martin is the best finisher at the club they either weren''t at the game on Saturday or haven''t seen the highlights....

The old saying ''my gran could''ve scored that'' could''ve been applied at least twice to Martin!

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]If anyone still thinks Chris Martin is the best finisher at the club they either weren''t at the game on Saturday or haven''t seen the highlights.... The old saying ''my gran could''ve scored that'' could''ve been applied at least twice to Martin![/quote]

Who is then - Chris Martin ( in midfield) 6 attempts 4 on target Grant Holt 5 attempts none on target and also missed 2 absoloute sitters.  

Chris Martin has a golden asset for a striker. He has very quick feet. Also a powerful striker of a deadball. With a bit of luck he could have had a hat-trick yesterday, it was one of those days. Was much more involved playing a more central role against QPR and at the end looked absolutely shattered.

But the best finisher in the Championship is - Grant Holt.

I can only remember one chance holt missed and the cross was behind him...blimey the lengths some people will go to prove a point.

I want all the players to do well but c Martin had a stinker yesterday...that said I wouldn''t drop him

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I can only remember one chance holt missed and the cross was behind him...blimey the lengths some people will go to prove a point.

I want all the players to do well but c Martin had a stinker yesterday...that said I wouldn''t drop him[/quote]Were we watching the same 90 minutes ?Or were you listening on Radio Norfolk.......C Martin had his best game in weeks !!!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I can only remember one chance holt missed and the cross was behind him...blimey the lengths some people will go to prove a point.

I want all the players to do well but c Martin had a stinker yesterday...that said I wouldn''t drop him[/quote]Were we watching the same 90 minutes ?Or were you listening on Radio Norfolk.......C Martin had his best game in weeks !!!![/quote]He played very well indeed! Despite missing one or two chances. His run which lead to Russell Martin''s goal was superb, took apart their defence as if it wasn''t even there! [:)]

Load of rubbish. about 4 league goals tells its tale and he missed 2 brilliant chances against QPR. If we had paid £500 000 for him instead of him coming through the ranks he would not have the level of support that he enjoys

Of course he isn''t - he''d struggle to hit a cow''s ar$e with a banjo this season. Part of being a great striker is getting in a good postion and he dosn''t do that often enough tis season.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Load of rubbish. about 4 league goals tells its tale and he missed 2 brilliant chances against QPR. If we had paid £500 000 for him instead of him coming through the ranks he would not have the level of support that he enjoys[/quote]He''s 21 for god''s sake mate! Give him a bleeding chance! He is a great young player, with shed loads of potential, and also seems to have sorted out his attitude issue. I for one am very proud of him. So if any player is playing poorly (ahem GRANT HOLT earlier in season) they should be dropped? Give the lad a chance, please!

[quote user="Norfolkn Good"]Of course he isn''t - he''d struggle to hit a cow''s ar$e with a banjo this season. Part of being a great striker is getting in a good postion and he dosn''t do that often enough tis season.[/quote]Yeh like how he took the ball past 2 players to set up the rebound for Russel Martins goal.Fu**ing rubbish !

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I can only remember one chance holt missed and the cross was behind him...blimey the lengths some people will go to prove a point. I want all the players to do well but c Martin had a stinker yesterday...that said I wouldn''t drop him[/quote]

Holt went through down the left and as he came in near the line Kenny dived to cut out the cross leaving the near post empty Holt hit side netting. Hoolahan pulled ball back ( dont know where you sit ) Holt ballooned shot. The stats come from bbc and Sky. Please however dont take this as a go at Holt it is a moan at the ridiculous slating of a 21 year old who has scored 40 goals in his brief career. Lets sell him and play Johnson or Jackson up front, in comparison you will find it would be a big mistake. 

I think "best finisher" is a complete smokescreen. For me, best finisher is the one who scores the most, because you''re finishing a move with a successful outcome. Therefore Holt is our best finisher by defination. You could argue that Martin doesn''t get as many shots, but perhaps his positioning isn''t as good, or he lacks something else? Holt seems to get into these positions just fine for the most part. I''d rather have a pouching goalscorer than a "top finisher who doesn''t get chances"

Hence why I said I wouldn''t drop him Lambert is king...he''s definitely better than what we''ve got in reserve. I don''t think I''d feel this way had scored at least one of those easy chances.

I''m only questioning his finishing btw not his all round game, let''s face it Martin still has a lot to learn and doesn''t he still have an assault charge hanging over his head? Sooner that gets sorted the better

Chris Martin''s goal tally would probably prove he isn''t quite cutting the mustard, but give him a regular season under his belt at this level, or even a game where he scores a brace, and I think his confidence will rocket and he could well get alot more goals second half of the season.

Look at last season, he didn''t have a great number of goals before the Paulton game and then he was banging them in, once he gets going he is great.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Norfolkn Good"]Of course he isn''t - he''d struggle to hit a cow''s ar$e with a banjo this season. Part of being a great striker is getting in a good postion and he dosn''t do that often enough tis season.[/quote]Yeh like how he took the ball past 2 players to set up the rebound for Russel Martins goal.Fu**ing rubbish !

[/quote]

New Years Eve must have been good for one of us - did Martin go round 2 players and actually score? No - good effort and all that but didn''t score. Did he score on the 2 easy one on ones with the keeper? Errrr No again.

Has he got 4 goals in 25 games this season?

Hardly makes him the best finisher at the club does it. Still rate him as our 2nd striker though which is possibly more due to the other''s not being better...

the thing is most people say he is better than what we have got, and in all round game play I agree, but in terms of finishing...Jackson has recieved a lot of stick lately yet he has the same amount of goals as Martin in a lot less appearences