Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

player rating

• 01 Ruddy - 7
Some good saves claimed the ball well and there was nothing he could do about the goal
  • 02 R Martin - 7
Got forward well not as much as normal but probably due to fatigue
  • 03 Drury - 6.5
Solid quiet game
  • 05 Nelson - 7
played well and looked to get the ball forward more than usual
  • 20 Barnett - 6
ok game
  • 07 Crofts-6.5
played ok nothing special though
  • 18 Smith-7.5 MOTM
looked lively .was getting the ball forward. overall very good performance
  • 19 Lappin - 6.5
same as crofts really
  • 30 Tudur-Jones - 6
looked out of place slightly
  • 09 Holt-7
made a nuisance of himself. a typical grant holt performance although looked slightly jaded
  • 21 Wilbraham-6.5
similar to holt
  • 16 C Martin 46-6.5
played well although i feel he''s not best suited to the front on the diamond role
  • 10 Jackson 65-6
ok perfomance. holt is a hard act to follow

all in all i feel a draw was a fair result and given the injuries and busy fixture period im happy with the performance and result

Ruddy - 8R Martin - 7Drury - 7Nelson - 6Barnett - 7Tudor Jones - 6Lappin - 6Smith - 8Crofts - 7Holt - 7.5Wilbraham - 7Martin - 6.5Jackson - 6.5Ruddy MOTM for late saves and generally kicked well despite a lot of hospital passes from our defenders, only 1 real bad kick of note.Smith not far behind, worked tirelessly and won all his tackles and ran that extra mile to stifle Boro, a few passes short of a performance of real standout quality.

Smith was awful today, always making the wrong pass or running himself into trouble. I have also nticed that almost every time R Martin has the ball out wide making the run down the line Korey always cuts inside and offers no support to him.

Not an inspired performance but there were a lot of tired legs out there.

Ruddy - 8

R Martin - 6

Nelson - 8

Barnett - 5

Drury  - 6

Smith - 4 (prepares himself for the onslaught)

Crofts - 7

Tudur-Jones - 6

Lappin - 5

Wilbraham - 7

Holt - 7

Not a great return for Barnett then? I didn''t go to the away game yesterday, but have been to quite a few this season and have a home season ticket, and is it just me or since his sending off, has anyone else noticed that Crofts performances have dipped? Don''t get me wrong I''m not saying he has been playing poor but when looking at the way he started the season, since his red card he seems less assured

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If smith does cut inside could t not be to let the Norfolk Cafu have space to venture into like we have seen so often this season?[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts too !!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If smith does cut inside could t not be to let the Norfolk Cafu have space to venture into like we have seen so often this season?[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts too !!

[/quote]

Yes but then half the times Martin runs into trouble and ends up losing possession.

Ruddy - 7, no chance with the goal but took crosses calmly and a couple of decent saves

R.Martin - 6, solid again but not at his recent best, fantastic block highlighted the desire of the side not to lose.

Barnett - 8, unlucky with the goal but on the whole he was superb

Nelson - 8, not pretty but again does his job admirably.

Drury - 7, usual Drury

K.Smith - 7, great engine and work rate but does need to show a little more quality in the final third

Crofts - 6, looks a little jaded to me but got through a lot of work.

Tudor-Jones - 6, unlucky to be subbed but 1 of the midfield 4 had to go imo.

Lappin - 6, up and down, left to right as usual and linked well but not enough crosses into the box.

Wilbraham - 7, only deprived an 8 because he tired late on but performance showed why he was signed, he won most of his headers, an assist for the goal and really unlucky to see an effort hit the post. Ran himself to the ground and looked shattered at the end.

Holt - 7, not at his best and looked tired to me but put himself about and got a goal.

C.Martin - 5, as poor as i''ve seen him, really, really sloppy in possession.

Jackson - 6, looked lively and his pace caused problems.