Sign in to follow this  
Gerry Harrison

Media unable to tell the difference between Russell Martin and Leon Barnett!

I expect the national media to be ignorant about Norwich City players, but even Donovan Blake on Anglia News said Russell Martin scored the own goal!

I''ve seen it several times and it''s obvious the Boro goal deflected off Leon,

[quote user="barclayendstand"]I expect the national media to be ignorant about Norwich City players, but even Donovan Blake on Anglia News said Russell Martin scored the own goal!

I''ve seen it several times and it''s obvious the Boro goal deflected off Leon,[/quote]DB is a dopey binner

The source the media use is the Press Association - who are useless and known for making these kinds of errors. If you look on the BBC report, they have corrected the actual text but the "match data" below, which is provided by the Press Association, is still wrong.

Sorry for double post...[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I thought at the time it may have came off of Russell Martin and It was announced on the PA system as a Russell Martin own goal so in a shock decision perhaps the media used Middlesbrough FC as the source of the information.[/quote]It was quite a delayed announcement wasn''t it? So they probably waited for the Press Association to decide who it was and just announced that. Strange for them to bother - I think at most grounds when an OG goes in they just call it as on OG and leave it there.

Pfff Football League show are the worse...The comuntary says Own goal by Russel Martin , where clearly it comes off the thigh of Leon Barnett ( hes the only Afro Caribbean guy in shot so blatently him !! ) then when they sum up the game and show the lovely little font and shield ensemble it says  C.Martin (og)